Muriel Day

Guest Simon

• Replies 87
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Do you think TONI BASIL fits into this categorie then? yes i know who`s famous spot it was apart of but what do you think of the old DANA VALLERY C/UP does it compare? :rolleyes:

Social source share

Tony Basil? Not in my book - Tony Basil is one helluva record in my very opinionated opinion!

Same opinion here pete class record just the white thing everyones going on about on here thats all just a question :thumbup:

:rolleyes:

Social source share

Well what i meant woz i grew up with all these records so pop or not they were great records to me plus i've drank 5 litres ov cider so i've got a head like a box ov frogs :rolleyes::thumbup::lol: lol luv ya all lots Di xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Social source share

Well what i meant woz i grew up with all these records so pop or not they were great records to me plus i've drank 5 litres ov cider so i've got a head like a box ov frogs :lol::lol::lol: lol luv ya all lots Di xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

five litres of cider :thumbup::lol: and the night is still young :lol:

4l417og.gif

chris :rolleyes:

Social source share

Like Judy Street`s "What"... :lol: it has all the musical bite of a caged potato,and it was shite like those that made

me realise I had grown out of what was then the embaressingly laughable "BLACK PUDDING BERTHA"

and "LENNY GAMBLE" era of Northern Soul.....no longer OURS anymore, the fat greedy suits wanker.gifpirate.gifwanker.gif had taken

it out of the underground and shat it into the gutter, it was cool no longer and im gutted to have an entry in my memory bank which knows

theres also a version by Shelly Winters.

"How dare they bastardize MY music scene the divvy little teeny boppers!!!!"

Thank god our "growing up" stopped when the kids.....erm......GREW UP :lol: and we were handed back our Mojo at a time

when we can REALLY appreciate our music....and also make sure benign rubbish like this never get to see a turntable again!! :lol:

:thumbsup:

:lol:

An excellent post. Even divvies wouldn't have liked Muriel Day. It's not even a good pop record. To borrow the words of others above, it's a cheesy pop record for divs.

Steve: I love this line : "How dare they bastardize MY music scene the divvy little teeny boppers!!!!"

Well said. Ten times out of ten, I'd agree with that.

Edited by Billy Freemantle
Social source share

Do you think TONI BASIL fits into this categorie then? yes i know who`s famous spot it was apart of but what do you think of the old DANA VALLERY C/UP does it compare? :thumbsup:

Tony Basil is awesome and some,any black artist would have been proud.........now can i cadge one of someone laugh.gif

Social source share

Like Judy Street`s "What"... :lol: it has all the musical bite of a caged potato,and it was shite like those that made

me realise I had grown out of what was then the embaressingly laughable "BLACK PUDDING BERTHA"

and "LENNY GAMBLE" era of Northern Soul.....no longer OURS anymore, the fat greedy suits wanker.gifpirate.gifwanker.gif had taken

it out of the underground and shat it into the gutter, it was cool no longer and im gutted to have an entry in my memory bank which knows

theres also a version by Shelly Winters.

"How dare they bastardize MY music scene the divvy little teeny boppers!!!!"

Thank god our "growing up" stopped when the kids.....erm......GREW UP :lol: and we were handed back our Mojo at a time

when we can REALLY appreciate our music....and also make sure benign rubbish like this never get to see a turntable again!! :lol:

:thumbsup:

:lol:

At last some common sense, crap records will always be crap records and this is utter crap IMO, should never have been near a NS/Soul turntable. a curse on those who ever thought of it, and has for it's nostalgia effect, there are enough great oldies that invoke longings for my youth without having to endure this.

just in case your'e not quite sure, no i don't lke it

4_2_111v.gif

Social source share

Guest inspirations001

one white singer c/u another white singer! like carleen anderegg c/u as jeanette harper. i'd presume l,e, jr is white. she sounds it. toni basil is good, never liked micky tho!! :thumbsup:

Social source share

one white singer c/u another white singer! like carleen anderegg c/u as jeanette harper. i'd presume l,e, jr is white. she sounds it. toni basil is good, never liked micky tho!! :lol:

YEAH WELL I LIKED THE POMPOMS IN THE VIDEO :thumbsup:laugh.gif lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Social source share

Guest inspirations001

YEAH WELL I LIKED THE POMPOMS IN THE VIDEO :thumbsup:laugh.gif lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nice pom poms, but what was she holding in her hands di!! :lol:

Social source share

To me its a time & place thing. we were all DIVS[god i hate that word} at one time none of us came into this scene knowing what we know now, and what we heard then was the beginning of our long journey, and an endless search for soul perfection, all is good at the right time/right place :thumbsup:

here here well put harry

chris ph34r.gif

Social source share

To me its a time & place thing. we were all DIVS[god i hate that word} at one time none of us came into this scene knowing what we know now, and what we heard then was the beginning of our long journey, and an endless search for soul perfection, all is good at the right time/right place :thumbsup:

thumbsup.gif:lol:

Social source share

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

Never heard it before, but I don't dislike it. As most people have said, it's not soul, but then, to me anyway, half of the rare soul canon ain't soul either, just fast and 'nya-nya-I've got a record you ain't got'.

And don't get me started on some of the crud that Motown have conjured up over the years... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest inspirations001
:thumbsup: WELL SAID YOUNG MAN. IN PART AGREEMENT WITH YOU. MAKES YOU WONDER WHY IS WAS NEVER RELEASED. PERHAPS COS IT WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH. IT'S LIKE THE STUFF ON SHRINE. RARE AS HENS TEETH, BUT MY GOD, SOME OF IT IS PAINFUL!!
Social source share

What a bunch of boring *****, i'm listening to Iggy's 'Nightclubbing' ha ha.

Full respect to Pete Smith, a man of immaculate taste!

You're all soooo Soulfull!!

Simon :thumbsup:

Social source share

As a northern sound, I dislike both Murial Day & Toni Basil. I do like Holly St James though. Not a great song or vocal even in a poppy sense, but as a dancer, I just love the way it builds to a crescendo, and then suddenly drops off towards the end. Just my opinion though :lol:

Paul

Edited by Paul r
Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

As a northern sound, I dislike both Murial Day & Toni Basil. I do like Holly St James though. Not a great song or vocal even in a poppy sense, but as a dancer, I just love the way it builds to a crescendo, and then suddenly drops off towards the end. Just my opinion though :lol:

Paul

As been already said, it was a time & place thing, I remember hearing Muriel Day at Wigan, Peterborough & thinking what a load of shite it was, typical of the dross that was being pulled out purporting to be Northern Soul.....although as everything, you can't please all the people all of the time & I respect some people may have actually like it for a nano second as well as Tim Tam & The Tampons as well as the more hideous Marching by The Camp plus all the other crap.

I however can't help liking Toni Basil or Holly St. James.

KTF

Baz

Social source share

What a bunch of boring *****, i'm listening to Iggy's 'Nightclubbing' ha ha.

Full respect to Pete Smith, a man of immaculate taste!

You're all soooo Soulfull!!

Simon :lol:

anyway as you got your answer Simon, reckon threads runs its course so closing it

thanks

mike

Social source share