Kev Connellan

• Replies 6
  • Views 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

don't you mean Jimmy London? Randy's is the UK press, Impact the JA one

that might explain why i couldn't find a soundfile LOL!

got a scrap of paper in front of me says Condon, its for a work mate who's after the mp3.

do you have soundfile?...just incase i cannot find one?

cheers,

Kev.C.

Social source share

sorry, don't have it, but sure i've seen it a fair few times on Impact which implies i didn't like it enough to buy! it's early 70s (71?), and probably a fairly mellow reggae version, but i honestly can't remember it at all.

'A Little Love' is probably my favourite Jimmy London track, although there's more than one recording, the sparser arrangement is better IIRC.

Social source share

sorry, don't have it, but sure i've seen it a fair few times on Impact which implies i didn't like it enough to buy! it's early 70s (71?), and probably a fairly mellow reggae version, but i honestly can't remember it at all.

'A Little Love' is probably my favourite Jimmy London track, although there's more than one recording, the sparser arrangement is better IIRC.

First heard this as a teen when i started off my musical journey at the "School club" circa '71/2 courtesy of John Black, (Selecta), tuesday/thursday nights, along with stuff like Band Of Angels - Invitation and Lesley Gore - Maybe I Know.

still a fave of mine.

"A Little Love" is also great record, and "Walk with Love" is superb version of Dobie Gray, flip to "See You At the Go-Go".

cheers

steve

jimmy_london___shake_a_hand.mp3

Social source share

Don't Keep the Children in the Dark (on Grounation) is nice 70s one.

always thought he had a great voice, just not a huge fan of the lightweight backings, shame he wasn't around for Rocksteady, or at least could have sang over some tougher roots stuff, especially when you think of some of the other Clive Chin productions...

Social source share

Source Advert