• Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

it dont get much better than that, bloody awsome tune :sweatingbullets:

what radio station Nick and when

Nick does a guest spot on the Radio Stoke soul show on the first friday of the month. The show is 7 - 9, and Nick's on in the first half.

The Fabulous Peps were on last friday, if anyone wants to hear it it should be available on listen again. Go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/stoke/radiostoke/ and type in Mary Fox.

Social source share

Nick does a guest spot on the Radio Stoke soul show on the first friday of the month. The show is 7 - 9, and Nick's on in the first half.

The Fabulous Peps were on last friday, if anyone wants to hear it it should be available on listen again. Go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/stoke/radiostoke/ and type in Mary Fox.

Beat me to it Crumb! I'll be doing the full show this Friday (Feb 1st) while Mary has a night off. You can find it on listen again all week.

Social source share

Beat me to it Crumb! I'll be doing the full show this Friday (Feb 1st) while Mary has a night off. You can find it on listen again all week.

I wondered if it was Mary`s show, good luck and i will have a listen in the week Nick :thumbsup:

Social source share

The other side ("I'm gonna dedicate my song to you" - I think this was the A side) got a British release on President in 1968. It was put on the flip of a Freddie North single ("I have a dream"). What a shame they didn't release it in the original pairing.

I've got the original Excello advert for this at home (from memory it's an Excello advert with a few other releases too) and "Sweetest" was indeed the "b" side. Will dig it out and post when I get home tonight....

Rich

Social source share

Apparently the connection between Roger and Charles "Edwin Starr" Hatcher is shrouded in mystery. Edwin Starr claimed they were not cousins, but it seemed to be in Roger's interest to infer that they were. One of those old rumours which become a 'fact' over time, it seems. Both had connections with Cleveland Ohio, Detroit and Nashville at similar times though and it is worth bearing in mind that the word 'cousin' often had a different meaning from its strict genealogical sense in the black communities of forty or fifty years ago.

Edited by garethx
Social source share

Can anyone help with details of composer and publisher please? I need them so I can play it on the radio. Thanks in anticipation......

Nick

The current UK publisher is Campbell Connelly & Co Ltd but they haven't registered a PRS claim to the song so any income will go into one of those black holes.

:-)

Paul

Social source share

But his finest hour (IMO) has got to be his US Brown Dog / UK Mint 45 "We're Gonna Make It".

Sean

There's a man with good taste, we should have him stuffed.

:thumbsup:

Paul

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert