Salvadors

Oh I know this too! :thumbsup: Styrene, or with another name, phenylethene.

I thought C6H5CH=CH2 was Ethenylbenzene, but that PhCH=CH2 was Phenylethene

but then again - I dropped Chem at school and you're the medical spark tongue.gif

I vote for turqoise!!! (more green than blue)

m

Social source share

• Replies 90
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

but then again - I dropped Chem at school and you're the medical spark :thumbsup:

m

C6H5CH=CH2 Ethenylbenzene PhCH=CH2 Phenylethene

Styrene

Vinyl benzene

In short it's that plasticy thing they made records from biggrin.gif

Edited by chalky
Social source share

but then again - I dropped Chem at school and you're the medical spark :thumbsup:

m

Both names are right actually. tongue.gif Styrene has a benzene ring (C6H6), minus one hydrogen with an ethene group on it (that would be phenylethene). Or some would say an ethene with a phenyl group attached. Organic chemistry has very interesting terminology.

Yeah, I miss my chemistry class... Never thought I'd discuss this on soul-source!

Edited by Helena
Social source share

HOW CLEVER ARE YOU LOT!!!!!! laugh.gif the only thing i remember from chemistry are soap flakes haha xxxx

the only thing i remember from chemistry was the gas taps :thumbsup:

Social source share

Would some kind person post a soundfile for the Salvadors, please?

I know that seems a ridiculous request but it would assist me with something... that's all. :thumbsup:

And, before you ask.... NO! it ain't to do another boot :lol: (alhough i do quite fancy a greeny torquoisey bluey grey... with just a hint of magenta maybe?) :lol:

Social source share

it was mentioned a few weeks ago on here....forget what topic

I forget the topic too, Chalky, suffice to say it wasn't about the Salvadors. (may have been a thread about recent ebay listed 'reissues'?) But it was me that mentioned this particular piece - requesting info... but it didn't really get too far :thumbsup:

Social source share

With the vocalist having been a (the last surviving?) member of the Salvadors??? Or something along those lines? Certainly can't see any resemblence with the vocals on the 60's carstairs.... pray tell more :) I'm intrigued :rolleyes:

Nope think it's just the guys that came over to the Mecca party night, and yep I am sure they don't sound like the 60s Carstairs anymore. Think Ian Levine will know more than me on this one :yes:

Social source share

Nope think it's just the guys that came over to the Mecca party night, and yep I am sure they don't sound like the 60s Carstairs anymore. Think Ian Levine will know more than me on this one :rolleyes:

yeah, I seriously doubt there was any connection to Salvadors from the Carstairs. Where were the Carstairs even from? New York?

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Anyway I've posted the full version of that up a couple of years ago, I think it was made by Ian levine and Neil Rushton but the person who'll know most about it is Dazz who posts records for sale on here sometimes because he sent it me back in the 90's and I still have the cd somewhere

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert