Red Coach - The Carstairs - It Really Hurts Me Girl

45cellar

• Replies 23
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The issue looks like styrene then the demo is a Chess distibution and the other Red Lite.

The White DEMO was Nationally Distributed by Chess

Originally only as a White DEMO and Vinyl.

Distribution moved to Red-Lite when the record was Released due to demand.

and is Styrene

I'm not quite sure which releases were affected.

I have RC-807 on the Pink Double Sided DEMO,

Not 100% but also seem to remember seeing a white one?

Red_Coach_RC-807a_DJ_S.gifRed_Coach_RC-807a.gif

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Yep 45cellar there is a white demo of "Something Fishy.............'' I"ve got one.

Worth getting the stock copy too for the nice ballad flipside

Cheers Paul

Thanks Paul

Is the White DEMO for RC-807 UNIVERSAL MIND Double Sided and Distributed by Red-Lite & Styrene

I have a later

Red Coach 814 - The Exceptionals - Gotta Let Some Sunshine Into My Life - Double Sided White DEMO on Styrene

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

I'll have a look for you ..............................................this may take some time :ohmy:

Cheers Paul

Thanks Paul

I've just done the same with The Exceptionals, I'm sure it was with the others the last time I looked

However, It isn't, I must have put it in the wrong place without realising. :ohmy: Supposed to have them in order.

One day, perhaps :lol:

Social source share

Red Coach records distributed by Chess from RC 800 - 802, RC 803/4 dont have any distribution info on labels, from then up to RC 814 distribution is by Red-Light, has anyone got an issue copy of RC810 Richmond International only ever found this on a Demo

cheers rob h.

Wow thanks rob

I didn't know about RC 803/4

That's the beauty of this Forum, Sharing Information, always something new to learn.

I only have about four Titles on Red Coach, Thanks also for confirming the Chess Distribution for RC-800

I haven't a copy of RC-810, DEMO or Stock Copy

Social source share

Thanks Paul

Is the White DEMO for RC-807 UNIVERSAL MIND Double Sided and Distributed by Red-Lite & Styrene

I have a later

Red Coach
814 - The Exceptionals - Gotta Let Some Sunshine Into My Life - Double Sided White DEMO on Styrene

Eureka !!!!
biggrin.gif

Sorry to take so long was beginning to think I'd sold it in a moment of madness but found it now.

Yes it is RC 807 and dist' by Red Lite and yep its styrene stereo/mono versions

I also have "Reach Out For Me" on a white demo RC-811 (1975) no mention of Red Lite dist' on that one

Cheers Paul

Social source share

Nice version it is too Missing Link doncha think ?

Just played mine again for the first time in a long while, really long intro could well qualify for that other thread methinks :rolleyes:

Cheers Paul

I've only just dug it out but I must have liked it otherwise I wouldn't have kept it - will give it an airing this week along with the other two main ones 'Something Fishy' and the Carstairs.!

Social source share

Eureka !!!!
:rolleyes:

Sorry to take so long was beginning to think I'd sold it in a moment of madness but found it now.

Yes it is RC 807 and dist' by Red Lite and yep its styrene stereo/mono versions

I also have "Reach Out For Me" on a white demo RC-811 (1975) no mention of Red Lite dist' on that one

Cheers Paul

I've also got a copy of Universal Mind 'Reach Out For Me' RC-811 which is a white Stereo/ Mono demo again with no distribution details.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look.

Just wondering now if the Distribution details are only missing from the White DEMO's, RC-803 & beyond.

I must find my copy of the Exceptionals.

Other than that after the Chess Distribution, are we looking at another Distribution, before or after Red-Lite.

Could also be an ommission at the printers for the White DEMO/Different Pressing Plant.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest Trevski

are there 2 WD boots? Iv'e seen ones without the distributor credits, but are there boot with the credits as well? Seen W/D with Chess records Chicago instead of NY as in the scan above

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

are there 2 WD boots? Iv'e seen ones without the distributor credits, but are there boot with the credits as well? Seen W/D with Chess records Chicago instead of NY as in the scan above

I remember seeing a Red-Coach White DEMO in the 70's for "It Really Hurts Me Girl".

I didn't have chance to check for the Matrix Stamp in the Deadwax.

There was however a pronounced raised ring around the center underneath the label.

I have a Verve boot like this, and was told that this was a Boot also.

The Boots have a Scratched Sterling Matrix apparently.

Don't know if these also have the raised ring or whether there are two Boots.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

My copy of the Carstairs (issue not WD) has PR scratched on the run out and the number RC 2857-1-1-1. The 'Something Fishy Going On' coloured demo has the same except the number is RC807A-S-1 (and M on the mono side). The 'Reach Out For Me' has the same with PrR scratched on the Stereo side and JR on the Mono side. Can't quite see why the latter one would have been pressed as it wasn't an in-demander.

Social source share

My copy of the Carstairs (issue not WD) has PR scratched on the run out and the number RC 2857-1-1-1. The 'Something Fishy Going On' coloured demo has the same except the number is RC807A-S-1 (and M on the mono side). The 'Reach Out For Me' has the same with PrR scratched on the Stereo side and JR on the Mono side. Can't quite see why the latter one would have been pressed as it wasn't an in-demander.

Checked mine, Exactly the same for those mentioned.

As for "Reach Out For Me", I have the Stock Copy but Not the DEMO, Nice one Mate.

Social source share

Guest ktf mal

Checked mine, Exactly the same for those mentioned.

As for "Reach Out For Me", I have the Stock Copy but Not the DEMO, Nice one Mate.

Hi guys, thank's for the info just checked mine too Carstairs/Universal mind

Social source share

For information, there is a sterling stamp on RC 801 / 802 but NOT on RC 800 although this was distributed by Chess, odd.

rob h

Thanks Rob

I was wondering about the Chess Distribution as regards to the "Sterling" Matrix on the earlier Nunmers.

Obviously ony used for RC-801 & RC-802. As you say it's quite odd that RC-800 hasn't.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert