sepia

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

I'VE NOTICED THAT 70% OF THE RECORDS I'VE RECIEVED FROM THE STATES OF LATE, HAVE BEEN FROM LADY DEALERS.

USE TO BE MOSTLY MEN.

ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THIS?.

I've noticed that dealers everywhere no matter what they're selling are become female. Either a lot of housebound ladies are taking up eBay selling as a career or blokes are pretending to be girls because they get treated better that way...
Social source share

I've noticed that dealers everywhere no matter what they're selling are become female. Either a lot of housebound ladies are taking up eBay selling as a career or blokes are pretending to be girls because they get treated better that way...

Might be for tax reasons as well.

Derek

Social source share

Yep, noticed the same too. I think it'd be great if the record fairs over here start being filled with lovely ladies selling my long-time wants at bargain prices. Would be even greater if we'd be able to do some *trades* :D .

On a more serious note: I also thought it was for tax reasons, or maybe it's the women that own the visa so all paypal money goes to their account...

Social source share

Guest candj45

yes lots are ladies

have a really good contact who,s a lady seller

always easy to deal with,more realistic on her prices

HEY---------who said not like me :)

me :P

Social source share

Used to knock around at Cleggy?

paul michael glazier lookaike.

use to chase john weston round cleethorpes w/enders. :thumbsup:

he/she was on a tv documentry nae long ago called the REAL LITTLE BRITAIN.

showing how to pick up from pubs,which he hadnt managed.

Edited by sepia
Social source share

Guest tijuana

paul michael glazier lookaike.

use to chase john weston round cleethorpes w/enders. :D

he/she was on a tv documentry nae long ago called the REAL LITTLE BRITAIN.

showing how to pick up from pubs,which he hadnt managed.

Lots of men dealers use their wives names to cover up their own dealings, either because they're shady, or they don't want other male collectors/dealers to know its them selling the records.

Social source share

Lots of men dealers use their wives names to cover up their own dealings, either because they're shady, or they don't want other male collectors/dealers to know its them selling the records.

although the "know it's them" thing never works, it's always quickly apparent who the seller is. I also like how all these bidders keep changing their ebay user IDs, like anyone can't figure out it's still them. Last week like 3 or 4 big UK bidders changed their ebay IDs... If I ever changed my ID and removed the "about me", it would still be 100% obvious who I was based on my bidding patterns and items I already bid on before the change, as it is with most of the people who recently changed their IDs.

Edited by boba
Social source share

Guest CliftonHall1

Went to see Mrs Minor in Miami just after Richie died....never seen so many Sun labels ready for pasting on to ORIGINAL pressings...they had all the original plates their, bought from Sam Phillips estate, and used to buy up old warehouse stock to break up for AUTHENTIC vinyl.......certainly a enterprising team....good hit

Social source share

Guest Mark Holmes

I thought I'd bought a record from a lady seller once. It transpired that the person was a cross dresser!

:thumbup:

Nothing worse than a really angry piece of furniture

:D

Anyway what happens a lot here in the states is that there are all these little businnesses, a little cottage industry if you will, where lady entrepreneurs set up a shop and hang a sign outside that says " I will sell your stuff on ebay ".

You give them the item, they take a piccie and post the description and post it up for you, monitor it, frollow thru and mail the item all for a "nominal fee" of course.

That could be the reason.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert