A Couple Of Wants

Guest Trevski

Guest Trevski

Inverts "Time will change" Broadway

Purple Mundi "Stop hurting.." Cat. Not bothered about the 'man in the sky' side, so it can be the plain label without it!

Cheers

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Inverts "Time will change" Broadway

Purple Mundi "Stop hurting.." Cat. Not bothered about the 'man in the sky' side, so it can be the plain label without it!

Cheers

the purple mundi got released without the flip? I've never seen that.

SHMB came out twice on CAT. I think he means the plain, all yellow label with 'I Can't Understand' on the flip. I seem to remember the one with 'Man From The Sky' on the flip is yellow and white?

Social source share

SHMB came out twice on CAT. I think he means the plain, all yellow label with 'I Can't Understand' on the flip. I seem to remember the one with 'Man From The Sky' on the flip is yellow and white?

I didn't know that it came with a flip other than 'man from the sky' (which is a great record). Is the "i can't understand" side any good? Anyone got audio?

Social source share

Guest Fredrik

I didn't know that it came with a flip other than 'man from the sky' (which is a great record). Is the "i can't understand" side any good? Anyone got audio?

There should be 3 different releases (never seen the first one though):

I Believe/Stop Hurting Me Baby (Cat 322)

Stop Hurting Me Baby/I Can't Understand (Cat 1978)

Man From The Sky/Stop Hurting Me Baby (Cat 1984)

huh.gif

Social source share

Guest Trevski

I really like the Yellow/white label design, with the black cat, but I think the "man from the sky' side is pants! IMHO. Jm books the plain yellow at £500, Yellow/white at £750.

Social source share

I really like the Yellow/white label design, with the black cat, but I think the "man from the sky' side is pants! IMHO. Jm books the plain yellow at £500, Yellow/white at £750.

================================================================================

===

PANTS ohmy.gif ITS CALLED SOUL MR TREVSKI

LIE DOWN TURN OFF THE LIGHTS AND WOW SOOOOO SOULFUL MATE :thumbsup:

Social source share

If Jeff Lemlich is still to see a copy of Cat 322 (the release with I Believe) I wonder if it does actually exist.

BTW, the band name is a hastily concocted studio name for Willie Clarke and Clarence Reid, who are the vocalists on Stop Hurting Me... The later issue's flipside, Man From The Sky would seem to be a recording featuring vocalists (Milton and Carlos Wright amongst them) who do not feature on SHMB.

SHMB is one of the greatest things to have ever been played in the name of Northern Soul if you ask me.

Edited by garethx
Social source share

If Jeff Lemlich is still to see a copy of Cat 322 (the release with I Believe) I wonder if it does actually exist.

BTW, the band name is a hastily concocted studio name for Willie Clarke and Clarence Reid, who are the vocalists on Stop Hurting Me... The later issue's flipside, Man From The Sky would seem to be a recording featuring vocalists (Milton and Carlos Wright amongst them) who do not feature on SHMB.

SHMB is one of the greatest things to have ever been played in the name of Northern Soul if you ask me.

Hi Garethx. I want to forward the info you mention about the vocals to one of the authors of the soul harmony singles book to include as info. Do you have a source on this? ps. I'm interested in hearing that other flip you have that's not 'man from the sky', I can record some other random record for you in return. Thanks a lot.

Social source share

Source Advert