matty s

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

:lol::unsure::ohmy: And there was he, on saturday night, telling me what good taste he's got!!! :lol:

:lol: You must have been talking to someone else mate I have no taste :D

After seeing your DJ box even Butch should watch out.biggrin.gif

Eddie's version of Charlie Daniels' "Give This Fool Another Chance" has a classical southern soul mixture of organ, piano and chopped guitar behind which a finely wrought horn section adds weight and pressure to Eddie's tuneful baritone voice. The bridge is particularly well done - nice chord changes and some great shuffle drumming. Now you don't have to remortgage the house to hear it.

White country singer Daniels' own cut of this - as part of the recordings he made under one of his alter egos Billy Joe Young - was laid down in 1966/7 and I would assume that the producer on both the sessions, Ray Allen, recorded Eddie's version around the same time. It certainly sounds like it to me.

Sorry but I do prefer this side to the Just Your Fool.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

One of my all time favourite records. Stafford/mid 80's spin for Guy Hennigan covered up as Tommy Claudia.

Chalky its strange how certain things jog your memory.I was at the Queens Hall Bradford when Guy sold this copy to Gary Spencer for £400.00.The record is pure "SEX"

Social source share

One of my all time favourite records. Stafford/mid 80's spin for Guy Hennigan covered up as Tommy Claudia.

The Copy I have is pressed off centre and the previous owner has cellotaped a modified centre in :unsure: to re align the record, Trouble is the tape covers much of the lable so not much chance of removing :ohmy:

Presume he was called Jay the tosser :huh:

post-1398-1201194912_thumb.jpg

Anymore off centre jobbies?

Social source share

The Copy I have is pressed off centre and the previous owner has cellotaped a modified centre in :g: to re align the record, Trouble is the tape covers much of the lable so not much chance of removing :lol:

Presume he was called Jay the tosser :thumbup:

post-1398-1201194912_thumb.jpg

Anymore off centre jobbies?

I wonder if that's my problem with this record, I played Tony Smith's Darrow Fletcher WHIGN and seeing it off centre squared it up and the tune cast magical hypnotic spell on me to play at least once a day for the next 4 years and I am still trying to work out that sound in the background like a clip clap kickow sound is, I asked Darrow and he could not remember.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

• 10 months later...

:D You must have been talking to someone else mate I have no taste :rolleyes:

After seeing your DJ box even Butch should watch out.biggrin.gif

Eddie's version of Charlie Daniels' "Give This Fool Another Chance" has a classical southern soul mixture of organ, piano and chopped guitar behind which a finely wrought horn section adds weight and pressure to Eddie's tuneful baritone voice. The bridge is particularly well done - nice chord changes and some great shuffle drumming. Now you don't have to remortgage the house to hear it.

White country singer Daniels' own cut of this - as part of the recordings he made under one of his alter egos Billy Joe Young - was laid down in 1966/7 and I would assume that the producer on both the sessions, Ray Allen, recorded Eddie's version around the same time. It certainly sounds like it to me.

Sorry but I do prefer this side to the Just Your Fool.

Cheers for the info re Billy Joe Young just shows how embracing we are.....always said that Charlie Romans fella was black and that Rich guy and that Barbara lass and them Newbeats crowd..........Hey we'll take 'em all as long as they make us dance!

Paul

Edited by our kid
Social source share

One of my all time favourite records. Mid 80's spin for Guy Hennigan covered up as Tommy Claudia.

In my top twenty,

Yeah its off key in places but for me such a beautiful soulful record that just build and builds. Remember Guy playing Tommy Claudia and having a f&*k me what's this moment.

Social source share

In my top twenty,

Yeah its off key in places but for me such a beautiful soulful record that just build and builds. Remember Guy playing Tommy Claudia and having a f&*k me what's this moment.

Same here pal only in my top 5!!! I badgered Guy for this on tape and he eventually did me a tape.....with just this on :thumbup: Still got it in the garage somewhere.

Was offered this at 100 Club for summat like 4 or 500 late 80's but was skint at the time :(

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert