Check This Out.................... I Dont Believe It

Daz

Yeah,suffered from its rareity i think(60's version),so when the 70's version was available in numbers(late mecca) there didn't seem so much of a rush to collect it.

great toon that was always gonna have its day again :lol:

There is NO 70's version, there were about 3 different takes ALL cut in the 1960's!!! The 70's RELEASE is one of the 60's takes.

Social source share

• Replies 56
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just done a quick search, this has been done on here before but nobody came up with a definite answer. Personally I don't think John of the Weirdest sounds like either Bowie or Hendley but if I had to pick one I'd go for John Bowie.

I don't know why the name of John Bowie has been thrown into the discussion but he has no connection with this record whatsoever. Did he even record in LA, ever?

Social source share

Guest inspirations001

Just done a quick search, this has been done on here before but nobody came up with a definite answer. Personally I don't think John of the Weirdest sounds like either Bowie or Hendley but if I had to pick one I'd go for John Bowie.

just listened to inspirations again, and it's plausible it could be john hendley. to me he always sounded of mexican origin,if you get my drift! deffinately don't think it's john bowie,his voice is too deep and the connotation is different! this could go on for ever!

Social source share

just listened to inspirations again, and it's plausible it could be john hendley. to me he always sounded of mexican origin,if you get my drift! deffinately don't think it's john bowie,his voice is too deep and the connotation is different! this could go on for ever!

I disagree JH has a raspy voice on both CGOTM & MBCOONW the Insparations guy has smooth voice similar to the other group called The Insparations Gota Find A New Love but they are not the same band.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

I don't know why the name of John Bowie has been thrown into the discussion but he has no connection with this record whatsoever. Did he even record in LA, ever?

I just remembered reading it somewhere, it turns out it was on here last year, and nobody was really sure anyway.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert