Daz

• Replies 56
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Brian Ellis

cant believe the price of this........... Item number: 270203941797 on ebay.co.uk

Going to be interesting to see just how far that goes!

Always liked record, though don't see many around .

Brian thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

original my arse. rolleyes.gif

She actually says in her description that this is the 1977 re-working of the 60's version (which was slightly slower in tempo), so that would make it an original (of the re-working if you get my drift). Are you suggesting that there were boots done of the re-working?

Brian :lol:

Edited by Brian Ellis
Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

Sorry I just saw this

s.gifs.gifI'm selling off some nice Northern Soul Oldies from my collection all 100% ORIGINAL 1st ISSUES, all being sold with NO reserve. Happy bidding, Sue

'1st issues' does make it a bit misleading, but she does go on to clear that up in the later description.

Wonder if the high bidder has read the ad thoroughly .... caveat emptor and all that ... may be thinking he is going to get himself a £3k record for less than a ton :lol: !

Brian thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Sue Males

original my arse. rolleyes.gif

Hello quinvy,

Compared to the 1960's Inspirations record, you do realise this is a totally different vocal, production, arrangement, label design, label colour, flipside, that was released & put out by Joey Jefferson in 1977. or did you think this is just another reissue of the 60's version? That makes this an original 1977 record, or am I mistaken?

Regards,

Sue.

Social source share

Guest Sue Males

Funny she had this up last year.

The same scan

That was another copy, what's funny about that ? huh.gif

Same scan ?? No it's not ! check my feedback, you'll find the other copy & the "different" photo.

Social source share

To me this is an original 1st issue of this recording of the track. She's clear enough in the listing and anyway doesn't everyone know, certainly anyone who will be in the market for records over £10 should know, about the provinance of this release.

Yep, absolutely agree - it's an original issue of a 70's reworking of the original 60's tune, which I don't believe ever got past promo press. As for the price, it was around in 100's when it was released thanks to Soul Bowl's front page, but you don't see it for sale too often nowadays 'cos it's a helluvatoon, and stays in collections. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Wrongcrowd
Social source share

Hello quinvy,

Compared to the 1960's Inspirations record, you do realise this is a totally different vocal, production, arrangement, label design, label colour, flipside, that was released & put out by Joey Jefferson in 1977. or did you think this is just another reissue of the 60's version? That makes this an original 1977 record, or am I mistaken?

Regards,

Sue.

No but it's always been classed as a pressing/reissue as it was released due to northern demand for the original

Social source share

Yep, absolutely agree - it's an original issue of a 70's reworking of the original 60's tune, which I don't believe ever got past promo press. As for the price, it was around in 100's when it was released thanks to Soul Bowl's front page, but you don't see it for sale too often nowadays 'cos it's a helluvatoon, and stays in collections. thumbsup.gif

I think you are completely mistaken here. It was available at every outlet selling northern and by mail order, I bought it from pep's shop where it waspriced at £1.25 like all the other current pressings. It's common.

Social source share

I think you are completely mistaken here. It was available at every outlet selling northern and by mail order, I bought it from pep's shop where it waspriced at £1.25 like all the other current pressings. It's common.

Errr....completely my point Pete......"around in 100's". :D Of course it's common :D

Just becasue it was priced at 1.25 doesn't make it a pressing, there was quite a few new, legitimate US releases (as opposed to bootlegs), being current plays, about at the time.

Social source share

Errr....completely my point Pete......"around in 100's". :D Of course it's common :D

Just becasue it was priced at 1.25 doesn't make it a pressing, there was quite a few new, legitimate US releases (as opposed to bootlegs), being current plays, about at the time.

Yeah I know that but AT THE TIME it was classed as a pressing along with legit reissues like Pookie Hudson - pressings was a catch all name. There were and still are loads about though, I had 3 or 4 in collections last year, still got one now which I'd be happy to sell if some nutter made a ridiculous offer like the one on ebay - I usually sell it on my list for £15 (actually now £20)

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

On the face of it an accurate description, or could it have been worded ambiguously on purpose? :D In either event, somebody paid 10X over the odds. Whaddya reckon?

Northern Soul, 70s Original THE INSPIRATIONS.....Listen

I'm selling off some nice Northern Soul Oldies from my collection all 100% ORIGINAL 1st ISSUES, all being sold with NO reserve. Happy bidding, Sue.

CHARLES DIAMOND and THE INSPIRATIONS - NO ONE CAN TAKE YOUR PLACE - BREAKTHROUGH. Nice glossy EX.

This is the superb 1977 re-worked version of the 60's "No one can take your place" produced & arranged by Joey Jefferson. Pretty hard to find now days.

Social source share

Someone sold one fer`£6 on here the other week on source,i told him he could have got up to a one`r for it.pissed off cause i missed it.

Edited by ken
Social source share

That was another copy, what's funny about that ? huh.gif

Same scan ?? No it's not ! check my feedback, you'll find the other copy & the "different" photo.

Hi Sue sorry if I have upset you, don't think anybody was having a pop at you, it was just and observation and that I had seen you sell the record last year.biggrin.gif

I have seen your list on ebay and you do sell some great records.tongue.gif:unsure:

I was busy last night so I had other things to do than trall through your feedbacks to see if I was right, but yes I stand corrected its a different scan but the same song.

All the best with your sales.

T.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

The bloke who started the thread................................me :P

got an excellent copy too if anybodys interested.

Daz

I had three copies but sold one at a fair for £8 last year, the three were in the same box. :P

Evil bay can work in your favour, sometimes. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Has anybody got a sound clip of the Original, Johnny H version.

And who will the other bands called The Inspiratons be the same group or totaly different??

Midas Your Wish or I can Feel it.

No relation to any I don't think. Midas is from Chicago I think. Breakthru from LA

Social source share

Guest inspirations001

ARE YOU SURE JOHNNY HENDLEY IS LEAD SINGER ON " NO ONE ELSE". SOUNDS NOTHING LIKE JON AND WIERDEST. THEN AGAIN JON AND WIERDEST SOUNDS NOWT LIKE"MY BABY CAME ETC" SO COULD BE PLAUSIBLE.ALWAYS PRESUMED IT WAS JOEY JEFFERSON!

Social source share

ARE YOU SURE JOHNNY HENDLEY IS LEAD SINGER ON " NO ONE ELSE". SOUNDS NOTHING LIKE JON AND WIERDEST. THEN AGAIN JON AND WIERDEST SOUNDS NOWT LIKE"MY BABY CAME ETC" SO COULD BE PLAUSIBLE.ALWAYS PRESUMED IT WAS JOEY JEFFERSON!

I thought John & the Weirdest was John Bowie.

Social source share

Guest inspirations001

I thought John & the Weirdest was John Bowie.

!!!! DOESN'T SOUND LIKE HIM, BUT LIKE I SAID JON/WIERDEST DON'T SOUND LIKE JOHN HENDLEY.

AS JOHN BOWIE WAS A PHILLY ARTIST AND "BREAKTHROUGH" WAS LA I DOUBT IT!

MAYBE IT WAS DAVID BOWIE :D !!

Social source share

I disagree, if you have a good listen to "No Time" it's clearly the same person as on "My baby came from out of nowhere". But like I said, I was in correspondence with Charles Diamonds wife before anyone else and she says it's him singing on the record...though J Hendley was one of their best friends

Social source share

!!!! DOESN'T SOUND LIKE HIM, BUT LIKE I SAID JON/WIERDEST DON'T SOUND LIKE JOHN HENDLEY.

AS JOHN BOWIE WAS A PHILLY ARTIST AND "BREAKTHROUGH" WAS LA I DOUBT IT!

MAYBE IT WAS DAVID BOWIE :lol: !!

Just done a quick search, this has been done on here before but nobody came up with a definite answer. Personally I don't think John of the Weirdest sounds like either Bowie or Hendley but if I had to pick one I'd go for John Bowie.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert