Simsy

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Played this on Saturday night and it sounded terrible.

Never sounded that great at home, but over a big system I'd have thought it would have been okay.

post-2216-1200939650_thumb.jpg

Anyone noticed similar, or know why this would be?

Hi i also have a mint one of these & it hisses all the way through so are all white demos like this?

Cheers Daryl

Social source share

Played this on Saturday night and it sounded terrible.

Never sounded that great at home, but over a big system I'd have thought it would have been okay.

post-2216-1200939650_thumb.jpg

Anyone noticed similar, or know why this would be?

I tried one out in a shop and the quality wasn't brilliant Ian, I was told that the master recording was not that great and most copies sounded poor , I left it :thumbup:

Wulfie

Social source share

No, this is a bad recording. I bought one a few years ago, and sent it back, thinking it had been played on a bad stylus. It was only a few days later when talking to a well known record dealer about this record, that he told me that the only way to get one that sounded good was to obtain one on the British release. Apparently all the U.S. ones sound crap....

Social source share

Thanks for the info.

Just wasn't sure if it was me/my copy. :thumbup:

RECENTLY SOLD A MINT USA ISSUE

It had a sort of distorted hiss for abou 2 seconds on intro and was fine after that??

Of course, i told the buyer and he's never got back to me :)

Had me baffled for ages cos there was'nt a mark on it ,just thought it was a pressing fault :thumbup:

Social source share

No, this is a bad recording. I bought one a few years ago, and sent it back, thinking it had been played on a bad stylus. It was only a few days later when talking to a well known record dealer about this record, that he told me that the only way to get one that sounded good was to obtain one on the British release. Apparently all the U.S. ones sound crap....

sounds about right to me

give me us issue away when i got a uk copy

marvelous tune :thumbsup:

Social source share

I`ll second that,the US copy`s all sound muffled :thumbsup:

Dave f...................

Social source share

Apparently all the U.S. ones sound crap....

I used to have a mint US issue copy which sounded superb. I just listened to the soundclip I made from it and it sounds pretty much crystal clear without any hiss. So I guess there are good US copies out there although most have bad sound quality in my experience.

Social source share

Yep above scan was listed as 'Rare Mint Demo" £30 I think it was.

Good to know the UK copy is audible. Need to check out what this goes for.

Hi Ian it's a great record to have on UK, plays fine too. The US ones are all styrene but my issue plays ok just - it's just starting to go - whoever invented that horrid material for making records deserves shooting I say. :huh: Life expectancy 100 plays. :lol:

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

I call it Fuzz, they just seem to fuzz up, have tried a few ways to record thinking that it's energy in the disc pushing the needle out so it's not sitting in the bed of the groove.

Wonder if the stamper was worn out and the kept pressing them.

Unless it's a mains thing. I have wondered about this a few times whether or not it's cause is recording with 110 volts against 240 so no spikes.

The UK records sound crisp and clean from the 240 volts 50 Htzs??

Still Remember The Felling has always done this to me as well and I have had an issue demo with no difference but on a tape from a guy in the US it sounds great, warm and glowing in the midband.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert