Arabica

• Replies 68
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

On the odd occasion in 1978, I would sit on stage next to Keith Minshull when he was doing his spot and he would bring out acetate after acetate i.e. bootleg after bootleg (around the time of Tough Girl, Stemmons Express) and do you know, not one person ever said anything to him...and this is at the 'home of northern soul'

Wished you had posted that sooner Pete....

I would have asked for my money back at Nantwich Civic last Saturday!!...... :lol:

Social source share

Guest Soultown andy

This isnt a dig chocsoul but i find it strange that you are promoteing a soul event and have to ask such a basic question .

Social source share

This isnt a dig chocsoul but i find it strange that you are promoteing a soul event and have to ask such a basic question .

Ok but if you track back you will discover i have answered this point i am a non dj promoter do the markrting side let the music go through the ears through the heart and out the feet.

Social source share

Ok but if you track back you will discover i have answered this point i am a non dj promoter do the markrting side let the music go through the ears through the heart and out the feet.

Behave! laugh.gif

You've already said you couldn't give a flying fig whether your Dj's play boots or originals... so why post your pointless question in the first place?

Social source share

So your point is you don't care about whether bootlegs are played or not. We understand your point of view, so you can close the thread now. yes.gif

Social source share

So your point is you don't care about whether bootlegs are played or not. We understand your point of view, so you can close the thread now. yes.gif

Hi Steve

Give me a call 07778797800 just of out to work not near a pc be glad to discuss this with you or text and i will call you,

Mall

Social source share

But as a promoter you should try and get the music to your audience in the best possible quality and bootlegs are lower quality than originals.

Social source share

But as a promoter you should try and get the music to your audience in the best possible quality and bootlegs are lower quality than originals.

:shades: CD's it is then ! :rolleyes: As stated by one of the top jocks ! :lol:

Social source share

Why you are going to let people play boots at youre venue. whats the point in that. if its just the music you want, buy the legal CDs and play them nearly all the boots are available on CD now. That way the artists are getting payment for there work.

No am not saying CDs should be played, but i personly would rather listen to a cd then a Boot.

Boot legs had there day 30 years ago but not nowadays I see no point in making 45 boots of records you can buy on a legal Cds

Social source share

Why you are going to let people play boots at youre venue. whats the point in that. if its just the music you want, buy the legal CDs and play them nearly all the boots are available on CD now. That way the artists are getting payment for there work.

No am not saying CDs should be played, but i personly would rather listen to a cd then a Boot.

Boot legs had there day 30 years ago but not nowadays I see no point in making 45 boots of records you can buy on a legal Cds

:thumbsup: Said that in the other thread Miff, much more chance of the Artist getting something than boots or original.

That said, i think the reason some do it, & i did when we did a charity night, is that the sound levels are very different between vinyl & cd so if you are only playing a couple it's easier than keep messing around with the volume & gain.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert