Arabica

• Replies 68
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Who make's the decision this is a bootleg when the vinyl is spinning??????

Anybody who knows their record labels and goes up and has a look? :rolleyes:

Social source share

Who make's the decision this is a bootleg when the vinyl is spinning??????

You,and if you have any pride would leave em`at home when your jockin`,silly question really

Social source share

Suspect it's something to do with last week's (or whenever it was) topic on DJ playing bootlegs? Vague questions seem fairly pointless though!

Social source share

You,and if you have any pride would leave em`at home when your jockin`,silly question really

I'm a promotor and dancer but not a DJ, I have noticed on previous thread's that people can work out looking at dark deck's if the tune is a bootleg or the origional. How do they do it that is all i want to know i dont know????????????????????

Social source share

I'm a promotor and dancer but not a DJ, I have noticed on previous thread's that people can work out looking at dark deck's if the tune is a bootleg or the origional. How do they do it that is all i want to know i dont know????????????????????
:rolleyes::lol::lol: ok calm down, i know it must be frastrating

your a promoter and you dont know? im sure someone like ken will enlighten you

PLEASE!!

Social source share

Ask one of yer djs,sure they will help.....cant believe your ax`in this question,but hey go for it.

Social source share

Ask one of yer djs,sure they will help.....cant believe your ax`in this question,but hey go for it.

I would not ask the Dj to open his box for inspection perhaps a visitor to our venue could bring along a real one and a bootleg and we well describe to me which is which.

Social source share

I would not ask the Dj to open his box for inspection perhaps a visitor to our venue could bring along a real one and a bootleg and we well describe to me which is which.

Believe me,the djs will do all the policing you need or thats the way i see it.

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

Just who is the Bootleg Detective!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deja vu

feel like i've stepped back in time to the middle of last week

woah what a bonus, it must be the triple birthday bash this firday, cant wait, its always a good night

who's going? :thumbup:

Social source share

Ahhh... now I get it... this is your way of trying to get people to come to your venue... classy.

Don't waste your time Ken... unless the record he's talking about is on Team Town :thumbup:

Social source share

are you sure hes looking for bootlegs, think hes looking for traces of WOOD washed up on

shore :thumbup::thumbup:

Heed my warning , it will come to this ........

Malc Burton

post-5097-1200933744.jpg

Social source share

Ahhh... now I get it... this is your way of trying to get people to come to your venue... classy.

Don't waste your time Ken... unless the record he's talking about is on Team Town :thumbup:

Yeh know what ya`mean :) team town does sound better than anna barbara i must say,must be cause its rare :thumbup:

Social source share

hi malc if you fetch your running shoes and a torch and run round the decks at 45rpm you will be able to see what record is playing or if you move your head around at same speed you might be able to read label. If You have a deck at home you can have a practice before friday....

see you on friday and i'll explain boots and originals to you!!

Social source share

Malc every 45 I spin at your place this Friday will be proper one I'll even let you have a look at them before they start spinning. :thumbup::thumbup::)

You can sometimes tell if a boot is being played because the sound quaility is crap. Not saying I've never played a boot but I try not to ....Cressy

Social source share

hi malc if you fetch your running shoes and a torch and run round the decks at 45rpm you will be able to see what record is playing or if you move your head around at same speed you might be able to read label. If You have a deck at home you can have a practice before friday....

see you on friday and i'll explain boots and originals to you!!

Hi John

You know i can still dance a bit at 55years;But i ain't that quick i wonder if my old 200 records i purchased from Selectadisc in the 60s are kosher see you Friday dont forget the cake.

Mall

Social source share

For the last eleven months the visitors have come along to the venue and enjoyed a great night. We offer a warm welcome and a freindly atmosphere it's up to the visitor to make the decision.

Social source share

Guest minnie mouse
:thumbsup: , im with you choco, went to the last do at your venue, had a blindin time, excelllent tunes played by all the dj`s, friendly crowd and great atmoshpere, pity there arent more venues like yours it would totally restore many peoples faith in the soul scene, lookin forward to the next one, keep up the good work!!!!! :lol:
Social source share

For the last eleven months the visitors have come along to the venue and enjoyed a great night. We offer a warm welcome and a freindly atmosphere it's up to the visitor to make the decision.

So why ax`,as a promotor you cant be up to much resorting to underhand promotin`but goog luck just do what ya`like.

Social source share

Guest minnie mouse
:thumbsup: , underhand promotin????, has the venue been mentioned??? have the dates been mentioned???, has the nite been posted in anyway??? i think not!
Social source share

:thumbsup: , underhand promotin????, has the venue been mentioned??? have the dates been mentioned???, has the nite been posted in anyway??? i think not!

Not yet. :lol:

Social source share

:thumbsup: , im with you choco, went to the last do at your venue, had a blindin time, excelllent tunes played by all the dj`s, friendly crowd and great atmoshpere, pity there arent more venues like yours it would totally restore many peoples faith in the soul scene, lookin forward to the next one, keep up the good work!!!!! :lol:

There is, Try Warwick, Banbury, Oxford & Rugby

Social source share

Guest minnie mouse
:thumbsup: , thanx steve i`ll get myself down there and try them, always looking for good venues for a dance and a beer, see... not all of us are just there for the labels!!, oh and ken.. word of mouth is a wonderful thing...
Social source share

:thumbsup: , thanx steve i`ll get myself down there and try them, always looking for good venues for a dance and a beer, see... not all of us are just there for the labels!!, oh and ken.. word of mouth is a wonderful thing...

I do go out you know,once a month :lol: well almost :D

Social source share

For your information "the bootleg detective" is the leader of the "BOOT BURNING BROTHERS" dept which is part of the Pre-crime Organisation or Pre-conterfeit section. In other words just like Tom Cruise did in his film we can predict who will play boots in the future and swoop to prevent this crime. :thumbsup::lol::D

If you want to join just send your application form together with 2 original records as proof of Identity.

Remember- Playing bootlegs is not a Minority Report - Its a F***ing Crime!

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

Hi ' Minnie Mouse'

Thanks for your kind comment.

Social source share

Guest minnie mouse
:thumbsup: , hi choco, no probs, credit where credits due, had a really good time at your venue (i wont mention it as i might offend you no who!!), looking forward to the next one, keepin it soulfull AND REAL!!!!!
Social source share

actually, the real bootleg detective is named brian and he lives somewhere in the midlands, i cant say anymore, ive already said to much

Actually Its Not- I know who the real detective is- Hes called EPM (Eddie Pressing Macdonald) and hees the expert - I know because he has so many pressings :lol::huh::D and thats why he is called EPM!

Social source share

Guest minnie mouse

thanx for the info arnie, just cant seem to get my head round the way he did it, if i go to a venue and dont like what the dj plays for any reason i mite pass comment to the rest of my friends but out of respect for that dj wouldnt put something on here, i notice there has been no response from the sed instigators camp, lets hope his concience has kicked in and an appology to the part involved is forthcoming

Social source share

Guest Brian J

Now that you'ver explained it a bit more, I think it's a fair question Choco.

I wouldn't have a bloody clue but then I'm not a collector.

Not that I give a hang.

Social source share

On the odd occasion in 1978, I would sit on stage next to Keith Minshull when he was doing his spot and he would bring out acetate after acetate i.e. bootleg after bootleg (around the time of Tough Girl, Stemmons Express) and do you know, not one person ever said anything to him...and this is at the 'home of northern soul'

Social source share

On the odd occasion in 1978, I would sit on stage next to Keith Minshull when he was doing his spot and he would bring out acetate after acetate i.e. bootleg after bootleg (around the time of Tough Girl, Stemmons Express) and do you know, not one person ever said anything to him...and this is at the 'home of northern soul'

I gave him a load of verbal over playing Muriel Day once, but you know Iam never backwards in coming forwards, even as a kid. I know what you mean back then plaging EMis of big sounds was sort of acceptable, odd as it may seem now.

Social source share

Guest minnie mouse
:lol: , im beginnin to think that some people have lost the real meaning of the word soul,i have looked thru the meanings (sad as it may seem), and strangely enough theres no mention of the word "labels"!!, lets try and remember why we got into this scene and how its fed and nurtured most of us for most of our lives, for me its about that feeling i get when that artist sings to me not about how much i bought the record for
Social source share

:lol: Spot on Pete

But who would dare say anything back then, these guys were looked opon as gods to us mere mortals

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert