Dancers On You Tube

Soulsmith

• Replies 71
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just seen this one. Less scripted than the pop video so may appeal to others......

Promotion at V&A museum featuring Keb, Adey & others

Its not all northern soul, but its enjoyable & well worth watching.

Thanks for posting that up....I really enjoyed that as well :thumbsup: ...whether folk like it or not...there are certain moves which people will always associate with Northern soul such as acrobatics etc....why people are getting so het up about it i dont know....i will always enjoy watching good dancers be they Northern...reggae...soul/funk...lindy.....swing and so on...dancing is the only form of freedom ..most individuals have within this so called civilised society...is that too be censored as well by the Peoples Police???...Delxxx

Social source share

Thanks for posting that up....I really enjoyed that as well :thumbsup: ...whether folk like it or not...there are certain moves which people will always associate with Northern soul such as acrobatics etc....why people are getting so het up about it i dont know....i will always enjoy watching good dancers be they Northern...reggae...soul/funk...lindy.....swing and so on...dancing is the only form of freedom ..most individuals have within this so called civilised society...is that too be censored as well by the Peoples Police???...Delxxx

What I liked most about it (the second You Tube posting) was that people actually looked like they were really enjoying it & having a bit of fun.....

Social source share

What I liked most about it (the second You Tube posting) was that people actually looked like they were really enjoying it & having a bit of fun.....

Now Sir...you know that sort of behaviour has to be discouraged!!!! :thumbsup: .....Delxxx

Social source share

Thanks for posting that up....I really enjoyed that as well :lol: ...whether folk like it or not...there are certain moves which people will always associate with Northern soul such as acrobatics etc....why people are getting so het up about it i dont know....i will always enjoy watching good dancers be they Northern...reggae...soul/funk...lindy.....swing and so on...dancing is the only form of freedom ..most individuals have within this so called civilised society...is that too be censored as well by the Peoples Police???...Delxxx

well said Del! :thumbsup: totally agree with you.. xx

the dancers in the Duffy video made a great work, it was obvious we were going to see acrobatics when that video was advertised.. Liam, Keb and Trickster (never seen the others before) are great dancers, and not just cause they can do the acrobatics!

but what i also want to say is.. there is some people who likes to do acrobatics most of the time, and they really dont dance :D but well, if they're happy doing it and thats how they feel it, then thats great!

ana

Social source share

Not brilliant by far but not bad either. As promos go I would say the Moloko video has better dancing in it although the singing isn't as good.

I think anything regarding dancing to N/Soul in a proffesional way always seem to use Keb as he is in both vids albiet only for a fleeting moment.

Have a look at these short vids some are good some not so but they all dance to some great tracks especially Keb and one of the girls who use the same song. https://www.heartofsoul.co.uk/flash.html use the 33 speed as this is a little better. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Can't agree I'm afraid.

I think "floor work" is fine as long as the person uses with the music rather than thowing themselves around without any regard to the beat, "breaks"or drum rolls.

What ever you think about the song I think it promotes a side of our scene that seems to be over looked lately with all the bitching and back stabbing. This is a dance scene. There is nothing better than seeing someone giving it their all to the music.

Don't people want to try new moves anymore? Don't you watch other dancers, see a move and think I'll give that a go or better still put my own twist on it.

Are some people just content to stand on the edge of the dancefloor, write their name in talc, do the standard "cross over side to side step" and take the piss if someone tries something a bit different?

Don't you want to feel the build up in a song, knowing there's a big break coming up that you can let go to with a big spin, back drop, kick or what ever feels right at the time. Or will you choose to go and get another pint and talk about how the Soul scene is going down the pan.

Is this why floors empty when something a bit different from the top 100 is played.

Is it because people are:

A. Scared to dance to stuff they don't know?

B. They just don't know how to ?

C. Just too bitter and old?

I can see Liam, keb and Trickster in that video. All dance with passion and a joy to watch.

Doc

spot on Chris thumbsup.gif i love to dance and i cant wait until April and the doc gives me the big Ok for me knee :lol:

Social source share

Guest Dr Pickles

spot on Chris thumbsup.gif i love to dance and i cant wait until April and the doc gives me the big Ok for me knee :D

Great to hear you are getting ready to hit the floor full-time.

However I'm not really qualified to look at that knee for you.

667-14374-a-_lg_mad-doctor__667.jpg

ATB

Doc

Social source share

Some people on this site aren't right in their head. The vidoe is top. The dancing looks really good and the spins and backdrops are what they wanted because ordinary people would find it rather good to watch.

How anyone can call it rubbish is beyond belief.

Maybe they should have got some fat bold guy in spencers, filled him full of whizz then let him go dancing for 16 hrs. That would have looked much better than getting some young, cool geunine soulies who were representing the soul scene. Don't be proud of them eh! Just sit at your computer and slag them off. You lot want to get your heads from out of your arses.

Unbelievable........

laugh.gif:D:D

Just Thinking about it :D

Social source share

Well people my turn, as you know I don't think gymnastics is dancing, for me it's all about foot work & dancing in time to the beat but having said that it's each to their own & as long as they don't interfere with my dancing, then thats ok by me. :D

From what I can gather they had a great time doing it & thought it looked good & they looked good & cool in the video, so it was their 15 minutes of fame & if their happy, then thats all that really matters, isn't it?? :D

Just let's not have it going down the Wigan 1975 path of "Northern Soul, it's the new cool fashion trend for the masses, get on board". hypocrite.gif

Take care, be safe & keep it underground,

Spot. :D

Social source share

Yeah right, my shoes often burst into flames when I'm on top form too :D

Seriously though - wasn't there a thread on here a few weeks back where they were looking to audition Northern Soul dancers for a new promotional music video?

I'm pretty sure there was mention about the fire thing, so guess this must be it.

That said, I reckon someone on here must know who the dancers are.

-Kev

I remember that thread Kevin and I'm sure it's one and the same. In that thread, the setting fire to feet was mention and I thought "yeah, that would look pretty good if someone was doing a really good shuffle, it would make sense. However, I don't think the flames work as well with acrobatics, especially as one guy's arms are on fire too, which detracts from the "feet of fire" allegory. Still, what do I know, I only have a degree in Graphic design and have been a practicing artist for 24 years! rolleyes.gif

Edited by Maark
Social source share

hi,like the track .Never thought i'd get into Duffy wicked.gif ,but there you go.

As for the dancing,it killed me knees, but when asked to appear......wotcha gonna do?Only thing was tho' - no talc rule was enforced. :D

Lovely lass,drinks pints,swears like a trooper.

btw,when me trouser crotch caught fire,who do you think was first to pat out the flames?? :D

ps......LIGHTEN UP BABY'S :D

Social source share

Some people on this site aren't right in their head. The vidoe is top. The dancing looks really good and the spins and backdrops are what they wanted because ordinary people would find it rather good to watch.

How anyone can call it rubbish is beyond belief.

Maybe they should have got some fat bold guy in spencers, filled him full of whizz then let him go dancing for 16 hrs. That would have looked much better than getting some young, cool geunine soulies who were representing the soul scene. Don't be proud of them eh! Just sit at your computer and slag them off. You lot want to get your heads from out of your arses.

Unbelievable........

laugh.gif Barker you're a legend mate....I couldn't have put it better myself!! It would be nice on here when people off the scene have done something they were proud of, for other people just to give them a bit of encouragement, or even say something vaguely that wasn't negative!!!! It seems to be when anyone does something there is always a few people at the ready to pounce and slag them off.

The majority of the guys in the video are young people off the scene who go out and enjoy themselves and imo a good advert for the scene.

Social source share

Just put me name up,i`m big enough

Piss all over these pissed,streight,blind,bags,drainpipes,whatever........bring it on.

Edited by ken
Social source share

Just put me name up,i`m big enough

Piss all over these pissed,streight,blind,bags,drainpipes,whatever........bring it on.

Is there any falling about wrecked auditions coming up, I`M UP FOR THAT :rolleyes::shades::lol:

Social source share

Staying on the dancing thread

Where did you, in your opinion see the best type of dancers

To be a bit more specific

For me it was Morecombe Pier :thumbsup:

I was a bit of an anti newies type at that time, stuck in my Tardis playing oldies, bemoaning Wigan being gone & this aint Northern its Disco :lol: yes I was a miserable git, and a lot of the lads from the pier were a tadd younger ! I think

But fook me did I enjoy watching them boys shuffle there brains out on the pier

Some incredible dancers, and fook me you could feel that pier rock when they all went for it to them tunes where there was fife piper type rift going on or a break like in Velvet Hammer: Happy amongst others

Great Memories

And yes portraying Northern with great young dancers is the way to showcase the dancing

:P

And thats the bottom line cos moggy said so :P

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert