• Replies 9
  • Views 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

https://cgi.ebay.com/NORTHERN-SOUL-45-VALER...1QQcmdZViewItem

USED TO LOVE THIS RECORD...ONCE BEGGED STEVE WHITTLE TO PLAY IT AT HINCKLEY BUT WOULDNT

HAD A RED/WHITE DEMO BUT NEVER SEEN THIS ONE...GOT AN ISSUE EVENTUALLY FROM MACE A FEW YEARS BACK

NICE INSTRUMENTAL

Funnily enough, I got one from Mace last year - he must hoard the bloody things!

This regional variant of an Atlantic demo has been posted up here before - if it wasn't half six in the morning I could ring my mate Peter Gibbon up and ask him which pressing plant in the USA it comes from...

Social source share

Never seen that label before, great tune, saying that i`m a lover of what seems dying out now INSTRUMENTALS, don`t know why, by the way i heard this record the last record played at the peterborough nights? TOP SOUND :D

they do seem to get a lot of flack these days.... I love instrumentals, hadn't actually heard this one before but just listened on soulclub and yes, really nice, so thanks for posting Mark :unsure:

Social source share

https://cgi.ebay.com/NORTHERN-SOUL-45-VALER...1QQcmdZViewItem

USED TO LOVE THIS RECORD...ONCE BEGGED STEVE WHITTLE TO PLAY IT AT HINCKLEY BUT WOULDNT

HAD A RED/WHITE DEMO BUT NEVER SEEN THIS ONE...GOT AN ISSUE EVENTUALLY FROM MACE A FEW YEARS BACK

NICE INSTRUMENTAL

looks good,never had one

but bought from buyer,hes an ex radio d.j all his stuff is original and mostly mint

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Actually prefer the flip side - "Wildcattin'" - a nice funk tune.

Pretty sure the seller has offered this particular record for sale before and if memory serves me right Pete Smith posted an earlier thread on the subject. He's offered a number of unusual test presses on Atlantic/Cotillion/Atco and as Keith says he is or was a radio dj.

Best

John

looks good,never had one

but bought from buyer,hes an ex radio d.j all his stuff is original and mostly mint

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

ARP?

:thumbsup:

Indeed it was ARP, Dave. Atlantic pressed all over, of course, and it's usually quite easy to identify where the pressings come from, but there don't seem to be too many that were pressed at ARP, do there?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert