What Are The 'big Ticket' Records?

Drew3

On various threads on SS, posts often refer to the 'present big ticket numbers'.

This often comes up in discussions such as the one recently about if you had £500 to spend.

This phase obviously refers to records presently costing lots of money, possibly 100's or even 1,000's of pounds.

Also, there sometimes seems to be a 'they are only popular beacause they cost so much' tag to these tunes.

But what are these records at present?

What record being aired at the moment fits this bill?

Sound files of the the records suggested would be appreciated (not for any dubious reasons such as copying, but only so this 'knownowt' can hear the tunes bring referred to). :wicked:

KTF.

Drew.

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

On various threads on SS, posts often refer to the 'present big ticket numbers'.

This often comes up in discussions such as the one recently about if you had £500 to spend.

This phase obviously refers to records presently costing lots of money, possibly 100's or even 1,000's of pounds.

Also, there sometimes seems to be a 'they are only popular beacause they cost so much' tag to these tunes.

But what are these records at present?

What record being aired at the moment fits this bill?

Sound files of the the records suggested would be appreciated (not for any dubious reasons such as copying, but only so this 'knownowt' can hear the tunes bring referred to). :wicked:

KTF.

Drew.

Drew. I would say anything i cant afford is a big ticket tune and i dont mind spending a few hundred on a record.

Steve

Social source share

Drew. I would say anything i cant afford is a big ticket tune and i dont mind spending a few hundred on a record.

Steve

Fair enough Steve, but which records are the ones that you would say fit this bill, and are those records presently being played out anywhere as far as you know?

KTF.

Drew.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert