Emanons Orch - Birdwalkin

Steve L

Can anyone shed any light on this?

JM's guide says the orig has a deep ridge 1/4" from centre and a lip where the label meets the vinyl.

It also says it has virtue A-72869-B scratched in.

My copy doesnt have the ridge/lip but it does have this matrix no. I always thought it was a pressing so my question is does the pressing have the same matrix scratched in??

Cheers :rolleyes:

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can anyone shed any light on this?

JM's guide says the orig has a deep ridge 1/4" from centre and a lip where the label meets the vinyl.

It also says it has virtue A-72869-B scratched in.

My copy doesnt have the ridge/lip but it does have this matrix no. I always thought it was a pressing so my question is does the pressing have the same matrix scratched in??

Cheers :rolleyes:

Will get back to you, Just leaving to go to work on Nights. biggrin.gif

Social source share

Almost certain that I bought this from Soul Bowl from the front of the list.

Can't remember it being desribed as a Re-Issue.

All_Brothers_Matrix2.gif--Has Virtue Across from the Matrix

ALL_BROTHERS.gif

All_Brothers_Matrix.gif--Here's the Matrix on my copy

Hi Roger ........

I have , following your posting and scanned information , I have dug my copy out of " BW " .......

My copy is exactly the same as yours in respect of the ROG .....

What is the current value ?

Malc Burton

Social source share

Thanks Roger, my copy is exactly the same as yours I bought it from selectadisc in Nottingham in the mid 70s. Any other opinions as to original or not?

I have been looking for the Lip at the edge and the 1/4" deep ridge.

I think my copy has, but this record is a difficult one to judge for me,

as I haven't the other copy to compare. If I was 100% certain of buying from Soul Bowl

I would be happier to State OK. They did have a few re-issues notably the Harthon stuff.

If it's the Original the 3rd Edition states £100, not sure on current Value.

Social source share

I recall seeing a copy with deeper-red than those scanned, label, complete with the ridge (like a Rite press) and sporting a much larger font for the artist/title/credits. It was £300 in a knowledgable collector's sales box, and that was well over a decade ago...but I've never forgotten it...probaboly because I didn't buy it!

The ones already scanned I've always considered to be 2nd presses.

:shades:

Social source share

I recall seeing a copy with deeper-red than those scanned, label, complete with the ridge (like a Rite press) and sporting a much larger font for the artist/title/credits. It was £300 in a knowledgable collector's sales box, and that was well over a decade ago...but I've never forgotten it...probaboly because I didn't buy it!

The ones already scanned I've always considered to be 2nd presses.

:shades:

Thanks for that, As I stated earlier I'm not 100% certain with this one,

as to where I bought it.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I've just tried to sort the soundfile of the instrumental of it I have on a virtue acetate but it doesn't seem to be working? Problems with uploads at the moment?

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

got mine in the early 90's off a major dealer as an original but always suspected it wasn't a real one. Here's a bit of info from Manships site which just about confirmed it.

The ORIGINAL first press is made from heavy NON-FLEXIABLE vinyl. Deadwax scratched matrix has an indentation appearance reads A-72869-B with VIRTUE directly opposite. 2nd press matrix is scratched & reads A 7Z869 - B the 7 resembles a reversed F

Social source share

got mine in the early 90's off a major dealer as an original but always suspected it wasn't a real one. Here's a bit of info from Manships site which just about confirmed it.

The ORIGINAL first press is made from heavy NON-FLEXIABLE vinyl. Deadwax scratched matrix has an indentation appearance reads A-72869-B with VIRTUE directly opposite. 2nd press matrix is scratched & reads A 7Z869 - B the 7 resembles a reversed F

Yes, as I stated the copy I have I wasn't sure about.

Looks like a Second Press then.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert