U.k Hot Was Demo Question

Ric-tic

recently sorting through records i discovered i had 2 different demos for westbound number 9

first9/10/70

post-410-1200435403_thumb.jpg

second 7/1/72

post-410-1200435646_thumb.jpg

i suppose i used to know this but its all getting fuzzy with age,im guessing the reason for this is that just before hot wax went black [108] some were reissued from memory it was 101/2/3 or maybee more so they would be white promos with black issues most of my hot wax records are demos [im actually looking at them to see the few im missing]

so 2 questions what of the earliest hot wax titles were reissued on black stock copies heres the possibilities [westbound number 9 for sure as i think i saw one on ebay the other week and that would explain this later demo]

101 westbound number 9

102 somebodys been sleeping

103while youre out looking for sugar

or to make it simpler does anyone have any white demos later than 7/1/72

hope you know whwt im talking about as im not too sure i do :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

101 westbound number 9

102 somebodys been sleeping

103while youre out looking for sugar

The were the three releases that everyone had weren't they.

Just as a matter of interest, check the B side of 102. Seem to recall that I've got a few copies of this and that one was misprinted as "I'se Come To Save You" (and, no, it's not letraset :thumbsup: ).

Also, can't check right now, but I think 'Somebody's Been Sleeping' came out twice on British (109?).

Sean

Social source share

Just as a matter of interest, check the B side of 102. Seem to recall that I've got a few copies of this and that one was misprinted as "I'se Come To Save You" (and, no, it's not letraset :thumbsup: ).

Also, can't check right now, but I think 'Somebody's Been Sleeping' came out twice on British (109?).

Sean

sean yes your right ive just checked ive got 2 white promos of that hot wax 108 thats the point the label went black for stock copies and then there would be no more white copies at all, i really should have seen that before and maybee explained myself better, that would be the only one reissued with a different number, but apart from the wesbound number 9 reissue i mentioned earlier [with the same 101 number] ive got a feeling that there could be more reissued between 101 and 108, so anyone spotting black stock copies of any of those numbers or white demos with a release date after 7/1/72 would confirm this

one of the few im missing is somebodys been sleeping [102] manship states the b side is i'se in the guide while 108 its i've

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TONY ROUNCE

Just as a matter of interest, check the B side of 102. Seem to recall that I've got a few copies of this and that one was misprinted as "I'se Come To Save You" (and, no, it's not letraset :ohmy: ).

Sean

The first issue was the same single mix as the US 45, the second one was a 'special edit' for the UK that was cut down from the album version. Didn't chart in either case, of course...

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

I have a white stock copy of 108 as well as a black one .

rob h.

Hi Rob,

Yes I've just checked and I've got a Black 108 and a White one too.

Each one looks just like the negative of the other.

And as Tony says, I've just played 'em both and they are a different mix to the 102 copy.

Funny that, I always knew the Black one was different but hadn't realised that the 108 White one was different to the 102 White one.

wacko.gif:lol::yes::lol:

Incidentally.... isn't "I've Come To Save You" one of Steve Mancha's finest recordings!

Just incredible!

Sean

PS: Gettin excited now Rob.

Any news on that there...?

Social source share

Hi Rob,

Yes I've just checked and I've got a Black 108 and a White one too.

Each one looks just like the negative of the other.

And as Tony says, I've just played 'em both and they are a different mix to the 102 copy.

Funny that, I always knew the Black one was different but hadn't realised that the 108 White one was different to the 102 White one.

the difference is just in the break of the l.p version isnt it? like one version uses the first half of the break and the other version uses the second half of the break..

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert