Ric-tic

• Replies 83
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Read your own post. the clue is in there.......released in US then in the UK, the UK one is a SECOND issue.

Simple

1....US

2....UK

SECOND ISSUE

I was under the impression that the uk was an independent country and not a us state ! :unsure:

It is a UK original 1st issue ! and it can NOT be a 2nd issue as it was only released once in the UK .... even my 9yo daughter would understand that Mr Rimmer :thumbsup:

Social source share

Read your own post. the clue is in there.......released in US then in the UK, the UK one is a SECOND issue.

Simple

1....US

2....UK

SECOND ISSUE

Hi Dave,

No need to shout, I can hear you well enough.

What post was that Dave?

Sorry, a second issue does not necessarily mean a reissue / re-release.

What about those records in the States on small local labels that get picked up by the majors for National distribution, are they classed as reissues / re-releases? I bet not. Especially if the issue on the major label happens to be more obscure / rare than the local label, as sometimes happens.

Nah, I'm sticking to my guns. If a record has not been released here in the UK before, then in my opinion, it cannot be classed as a reissue / re-release.

Denbo. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Except if you had read my post you'll find I never used the word RE-RELEASE. So looking at the word doesn't help much because I didn't use it. You did.

I think you'll find it was used somewhere else in the thread. I just picked up on it and expanded on the word reissue.

Social source share

I was under the impression that the uk was an independent country and not a us state ! :unsure:

It is a UK original 1st issue ! and it can NOT be a 2nd issue as it was only released once in the UK .... even my 9yo daughter would understand that Mr Rimmer :thumbsup:

Now, now Mr. Cambridge Soul, let's not get personal. These are just our opinions and should be left as such.

But I agree with the first sentence in your posting.

Social source share

Now, now Mr. Cambridge Soul, let's not get personal. These are just our opinions and should be left as such.

But I agree with the first sentence in your posting.

well Mr Rimmer did shout and told me to read my own post ..... and i do , but as you pointed out maybe he should read his own post aswell .... :g:

all the best David

ps I have a big grin on my face as this is so not important .... but it's fun ! :thumbsup::unsure::D

Edited by CAMBRIDGE SOUL
Social source share

well Mr Rimmer did shout and told me to read my own post ..... and i do , but as you pointed out maybe he should read his own post aswell .... :g:

all the best David

ps I have a big grin on my face as this is so not important .... but it's fun ! :D:g::lol:

Truly, it IS fun. I LOVE winding up the American Import collectors.

But those amongst them that I consider American Import elitists, like I said earlier, they get right up my nose and they deserve to be wound up, at every opportunity. :unsure:

All in good fun however. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Except if you had read my post you'll find I never used the word RE-RELEASE. So looking at the word doesn't help much because I didn't use it. You did.

Let's not split hairs Dave, reissue is the same as re-release.

At the end of the day, a record released here in the UK after it has been released in America, is not a reissue but a British release.

Mr. Bang Bang Man on UK Monument, as opposed to it's first release here in the UK on London, is a reissue.

I'm shaking my head here. I cannot understand how you can think otherwise.

Oh well, time for bed. Got an early start tomorrow and I need my kip. Especially after all this hard work.

Night all.

Denbo. :thumbsup:

Social source share

You're just arguing about language here really.

If I still had this it would reside in a cadboard box with my pressings, re-issues etc along with Nabay on Grapevine. I keep Betty Boo & the Happy Cats in a proper case with my other UK originals. That's just what seems right to me.

Social source share

I was under the impression that the uk was an independent country and not a us state ! :D

Perhaps you ought to tell your nine year old daughter about the UK as well as reissues then.

The UK is not an independent country at all. The United Kingdom is not even a country. It's a conglomerate of England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland.

So, having established that you don't even comprehend the geographical area that records are reissued in, how on earth can you grasp the concept that if a record is released for the second time, irregardless of country, it's a reissue.

By the way, if you go back to my original post on this thread I think you'll find that I said "Can't dispute that it's the first British issue, but at the end of the day, it's a reissue of a record that was originally released in the US." So you are actually agreeing with me.

Glad we sorted that out :g::lol:

Pretty colours by the way, and yes, I've deliberately taken an opposing stance just for the wind up :unsure:

Edited by Dave Rimmer
Social source share

You're just arguing about language here really.

If I still had this it would reside in a cadboard box with my pressings, re-issues etc along with Nabay on Grapevine. I keep Betty Boo & the Happy Cats in a proper case with my other UK originals. That's just what seems right to me.

I don't play my Grapevine out .... but Nabay on Grapevine is a british original and you could play it as it is not a boot or reissue.... and i have seen a demo of Nabay go for £90 on ebay and many US originals go for a lot less ...... it's personal choice , as i said i will not play grapevine's but i would defend someone that played the original British 1st issue grapevine releases from 76 -80 .... I only put tracks on the cd's i give away at my do's that the residents own on original but many do's give away cd's have tracks on that the residents don't own thats there choice ..... but a 1st british issue is a 1st British issue end off .....but i'm sure this thread will keep going for a while yet ! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Perhaps you ought to tell your nine year old daughter about the UK as well as reissues then.

The UK is not an independent country at all. The United Kingdom is not even a country. It's a conglomerate of England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland.

So, having established that you don't even comprehend the geographical area that records are reissued in, how on earth can you grasp the concept that if a record is released for the second time, irregardlles of country, it's a reissue.

By the way, if you go back to my original post on this thread I think you'll find that I said "Can't dispute that it's the first British issue, but at the end of the day, it's a reissue of a record that was originally released in the US." So you are actually agreeing with me.

Glad we sorted that out :unsure::D

Pretty colours by the way, and yes, I've deliberately taken an opposing stance just for the wind up :thumbsup:

so you can say a stock copy is a reissue with those rules as the demo is the original ..... but as there can be more than one demo issue (in the US ) a stock copy could be a 3rd or 4th issue so the British 1st issue could be the 5th re issue .... what a load of bull.....

a british original issue is not a 2nd issue ..... it could be a world wide 2nd issue but that was not the question !

and no I don't agree with you on this .... had to use colours as could not be bothered to mess around and make the words as big as yours :g::lol:

this could be your next book ... reissue yes or no ...... :g::lol:

all the best

David

post-9509-1200867826_thumb.jpg

post-9509-1200867826_thumb.jpg

Social source share

I don't play my Grapevine out .... but Nabay on Grapevine is a british original and you could play it as it is not a boot or reissue.... and i have seen a demo of Nabay go for £90 on ebay and many US originals go for a lot less ...... it's personal choice , as i said i will not play grapevine's but i would defend someone that played the original British 1st issue grapevine releases from 76 -80 .... I only put tracks on the cd's i give away at my do's that the residents own on original but many do's give away cd's have tracks on that the residents don't own thats there choice ..... but a 1st british issue is a 1st British issue end off .....but i'm sure this thread will keep going for a while yet ! :unsure:

I don't play anything out cuz I think having to look after a box of expensive records all night is a pain in the arse but if I'd travelled to a do advertised as ovo i wouldn't be very impressed if they played Grapevine records that had previously been issued in whatever country. I've got no problem with previously unissued stuff like the 100 club aniversary 45's though.

I might get another box though cuz the Betty Boo, Happy Cats & 100 club 45's look out of place in the same box as Stateside, red Atlantic etc.

If any newcomers are reading this thread they'll think we're right nit picking old gits :thumbsup:

Social source share

demo issue (in the US )

Ah well, I feel another explanation coming on. You're obviously confused about the difference between a Demonstration copy of a record (Which is given away to DJs and Radio Stations) and an Issue (Also known sometimes as a stock copy and sold in shops).

So there can be no such thing as a demo issue. I thought you'd have understood this with your love of pretty colours. It even applies to the second issues released in the UK.

Social source share

I don't play anything out cuz I think having to look after a box of expensive records all night is a pain in the arse but if I'd travelled to a do advertised as ovo i wouldn't be very impressed if they played Grapevine records that had previously been issued in whatever country. I've got no problem with previously unissued stuff like the 100 club aniversary 45's though.

I might get another box though cuz the Betty Boo, Happy Cats & 100 club 45's look out of place in the same box as Stateside, red Atlantic etc.

If any newcomers are reading this thread they'll think we're right nit picking old gits :unsure:

Hi Crumb,you mention twice in your posts,Betty Boo on Grapevine.I think i'm right in saying a previously unreleased track,a UK only release.How much is this selling for? :D

Social source share

Ah well, I feel another explanation coming on. You're obviously confused about the difference between a Demonstration copy of a record (Which is given away to DJs and Radio Stations) and an Issue (Also known sometimes as a stock copy and sold in shops).

So there can be no such thing as a demo issue. I thought you'd have understood this with your love of pretty colours. It even applies to the second issues released in the UK.

:D

Social source share

I thought a man like you would know that sometimes there are more than one demo issued for some 45's in the US , that's why I used the term demo issue. As they may have issued more than one .

This is a web board but maybe we should treat our posts as if they are the text of a book when you are on the thread as you like to be picky and twist small sections of the post .

Not sure what pretty colours have to do with it Dave ??????

Let's use a real record and I'll keep it simple for you Dave the same way you make it simple for me :rolleyes:

Daybreak I need Love

It was issued by the record company on ;

A white demo

Then issued on an Orange Demo

Then issued on an orange stock copy (official release)

The record company issued it at three different times with three different labels over a short period .... therefore you have a white demo issue , a orange demo issue and a stock copy issue (the official release).... and so the term demo issue or white demo issue is an acceptable term... you may not wish to use it but that's your choice.

I think you are mixing up the term issue with official release.... because if the demo issue is slated then there is no stock copy issued as an official release

Glad we got that sorted :lol:

all the best , i'm sure we'll do it again

David

Edited by CAMBRIDGE SOUL
Social source share

If any newcomers are reading this thread they'll think we're right nit picking old gits :thumbup:

we are ! :thumbup::):lol:

Social source share

• 5 weeks later...

No it wasn't, where did you get that uninformed rubbish from? It had a release date scheduled and advance copoies weresent out to reviewers, tv stations etc. That's what a demo is. They didn't do the demo to test demand. Ifthey did, why have many of the EMI labels demos got release dates printed on them?

Demos, Promo's, Test presses, pre releases, is the name for a small number of copies pressed up weeks or even months before the actual release of a record. These are sent out to listed DJs, Radio stations and record reviewers so that they can be tested in various medias i.e Radio, clubs or magazines. Some spurious companies use promos etc. to their own advantage by putting all released copies out as demos, because most people would rather have a demo than a released copy. So in essence Demo's etc. ARE done to test demand before or IF a record is released. When a demo, promo etc. is sent out, in most cases it would have a reaction report sheet with it for the reciever to fill in with their thoughts of the record, and send it back to the record company, so that they could judge demand or reaction with a view to either releasing the track or not depending on reactions recieved. The reason some demos have release dates on is because that is the intended release date. I have many promo records with release dates on, that never actually got released due to lack of good reactions or reviews.

Edited by steveluigi
Social source share

i Agree UK 1st issue is orig

but just to keep the argument going what is the original of

Rex Gavin - sock it to em jb

first issed in us on like lable before it came out on atlantic but many dj's play atlantic version :hypo:

Social source share

Hi Crumb,you mention twice in your posts,Betty Boo on Grapevine.I think i'm right in saying a previously unreleased track,a UK only release.How much is this selling for? :lol:

Yeah, unissued anywhere until Grapevine.

Paid about £10 for mine not long ago but there's one on ebay buy it now for £45. Can't see it selling, but have seen it go for 20ish.

Social source share

• 1 month later...

AM I thick or What - Only just found this part of the site!

The James Fountain demo is one of 50 done like that and was done with an ink stamp specially made

I would like the letter though from Cream as I worked at global. So if you wish to sell it I would be interested as I have one of the stamped demos.

Social source share

thought we had settled this us release is original us release

uk release is original uk release so both are originals in thier own right :thumbsup:

Social source share

So, having established that you don't even comprehend the geographical area that records are reissued in, how on earth can you grasp the concept that if a record is released for the second time, irregardless of country, it's a reissue.

Glad we sorted that out :lol::lol:

Pretty colours by the way, and yes, I've deliberately taken an opposing stance just for the wind up :lol:

Dave Magic Night - If you and I had never met UK Pye US Roulette

The US Promo was first pressed thenThe UK Promo then the UK was released apparantly 3 weeks before the US copy- does that make the Pye stock copy the original and the US Roulette the reissue? based on your enlightened view above.

The reason I know this is that I was given copies by a pye rep and I told him Ive got the US promo- He said that PYe had the main licence and roulete had made mistake with the licence(Something to do with the credits) so the UK one was released before the US stock.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert