Lorraine Rudolph - Keep Coming Back For More

Johnnyf

I know couple of dealers who had this in quantity and they've now all gone. The price can only go up. quality wise this record is priceless IMHO.

one of the cheaper Guy H spins hey Chalky ? coverd up ?

Ive still got my copy :thumbsup:

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

I know couple of dealers who had this in quantity and they've now all gone. The price can only go up. quality wise this record is priceless IMHO.

A record that has everything.

Played this to my House Music loving wife a few years back. She was speechless afterwards (trust me that's a first).

One of the records I'd pick when seeking to convert non soul fans :thumbsup:

Social source share

one of the cheaper Guy H spins hey Chalky ? coverd up ?

Ive still got my copy :lol:

You put me onto it last year didnt you Simon, i was thinking of giving it a spin on Friday but im going to go 60s only but will give it another spin soon its an awsome tune :lol:

Social source share

You put me onto it last year didnt you Simon, i was thinking of giving it a spin on Friday but im going to go 60s only but will give it another spin soon its an awsome tune :lol:

I think it is 1969 Paul :D so its ok you can play it , its in the right decade :lol:

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Remember when Adey Pierce was putting this in his Soul Packs, think I got bout bout 8 different Jetstream records in one of his fantastic packs back in them days.

talkin bout Loraine, I love the record, but always wished Huey P Maux had produced it on Barbara Lynn. The flip of "Keep Coming Back" is a fantastic deep soul number... "After All I've Been Through For You" :lol:

steve

Social source share

Remember when Adey Pierce was putting this in his Soul Packs, think I got bout bout 8 different Jetstream records in one of his fantastic packs back in them days.

talkin bout Loraine, I love the record, but always wished Huey P Maux had produced it on Barbara Lynn. The flip of "Keep Coming Back" is a fantastic deep soul number... "After All I've Been Through For You" :lol:

steve

therre were the days steve!the flip is simply incredible imho!

BAZ A :lol:

Social source share

therre were the days steve!the flip is simply incredible imho!

BAZ A :lol:

too true Baz! gotta say Adey done some of the best packs goin!.... Gonna stick the flip up

steve

Gotta agree with you there - top deep soul in my book - killer tune.

Does anyone know if she's one and the same as Lori Rudolph, who had an early Motown release for Tri-Phi - Don't Let Them Tell Me. I found a reference to her on tinternet that suggest she might be -

The Freedom Ball - Gala Reception is being hosted by the Kentucky Committee, chaired by Motown songstress, Ms Lorraine Rudolph of Louisville, Kentucky.

Social source share

Gotta agree with you there - top deep soul in my book - killer tune.

Does anyone know if she's one and the same as Lori Rudolph, who had an early Motown release for Tri-Phi - Don't Let Them Tell Me. I found a reference to her on tinternet that suggest she might be -

The Freedom Ball - Gala Reception is being hosted by the Kentucky Committee, chaired by Motown songstress, Ms Lorraine Rudolph of Louisville, Kentucky.

Yes I think she is Cliff. I've read somewhere as well one and the same.

Social source share

Just goose bumps everytime..The true test of a great record indeed....Yes copies are drying up indeed..I thought it was a £1,000 record when i first heard it wayyyyyyyyyyy back then...Give it a spin Bearsy... :lol::lol::lol:

nice clean copy for sale...£30...my last offer :lol: ... just pm me...

in that case then Steve i think i have found the tune to start my set off with :lol:

someone grab Steve copy as they aint going to many around soon once they all get gobbled up :lol:

Social source share

in that case then Steve i think i have found the tune to start my set off with :lol:

someone grab Steve copy as they aint going to many around soon once they all get gobbled up :lol:

in the R&B indies listing it's under the years 74-76 but that book, as good as it is, isn't always right. Play the bugger anyway and stop worrying about the year :lol:

Social source share

in the R&B indies listing it's under the years 74-76 but that book, as good as it is, isn't always right. Play the bugger anyway and stop worrying about the year :lol:

i got the reaction i was craving from Mr Murray as he is anti anything 60s and thinks the soul scene started on 1.1.1970 :lol:

it will start me off tomorrow night but i be buggered what to play after it, i might just buy another and do a set of that alone :lol:

Social source share

• 7 years later...
15 hours ago, Rob Goodburn said:

I would like to buy a copy be happy to pay 35-£ in ex condition? 

You might drop on a copy one ebay.com for £40-£50.  Craig Moerer had a quantity and I think they were around $60 but I've not noticed him listing this record recently so they probably all went.  I remember hearing it on my local radio station, when Dave Evison had a show late 80's or early 90's, and thinking wow. Coincidentally at the time Tim Ashibende had a copy in his sales box @ £8.

Social source share

8 hours ago, tiberius said:

You might drop on a copy one ebay.com for £40-£50.  Craig Moerer had a quantity and I think they were around $60 but I've not noticed him listing this record recently so they probably all went.  I remember hearing it on my local radio station, when Dave Evison had a show late 80's or early 90's, and thinking wow. Coincidentally at the time Tim Ashibende had a copy in his sales box @ £8.

I think all those who had stock, Tim Brown another, have sold out or just about sold out hence the value these days.  

Guy Hennigan's Linda Jones cover up.  I remember Guy having stock too...he sold one from his box and another would come from under the table to replace it :)

Social source share

quite a record for me, I paid a fiver of somebody in the early 9ts, and the day it came I got the news my mother had passed away, literally as the postman delivered the packet, since then its linked to that moment for ever for me, I can never sell it, and although I deeply love both sides, I rarely play it...I guess thats "Soul", in a nut shell..

On a lighter note, 30-40 quid I guess...but Ive seen it at £50 loads lately...sure some idiot will pay a ton on eBay soon and everybody will try to sell their copies at a profit.... is nothing sacred!!

Mal:-))

• Helpful 1
Social source share

9 hours ago, Mal C said:

quite a record for me, I paid a fiver of somebody in the early 9ts, and the day it came I got the news my mother had passed away, literally as the postman delivered the packet, since then its linked to that moment for ever for me, I can never sell it, and although I deeply love both sides, I rarely play it...I guess thats "Soul", in a nut shell..

On a lighter note, 30-40 quid I guess...but Ive seen it at £50 loads lately...sure some idiot will pay a ton on eBay soon and everybody will try to sell their copies at a profit.... is nothing sacred!!

Mal:-))

Painful story there mate its events like this that make some records priceless

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!