• Replies 13
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest topcatnumpty1

Got to agree---i thought the only boots were the "white demo" ones done just after it was big about 1977 --i think.

Tony C.

good news so far, cheers.

Social source share

My advice would be not to touch it, but somehow get it into a lead box and keep it there until you can verify its authenticity. If it proves to be a boot, you can just bury it in at least 18 inches of concrete, or get it sent to the northern soul version of Sellafield to be disposed of properly. You can never be too carefull when bootlegs are concerned. I hope it turns out to be kosher.

I don't know of my mind is playing tricks, but I seem to remember a light blue boot back in about 75.

Paul

Edited by Paul r
Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Thought the only boots were those white ones with 'demo copies' written on the label...unless there was a counterfeit one just before that

There was a red original :thumbsup: that turned up the same time as Eddie Foster demo's, Jades, Anderson Brothers etc. I have one somewhere, seem to remember the "Modern" logo is a lot smaller than it should be. Compare it to Mel Williams etc....

Found it.....

post-1832-1200349136_thumb.jpg

post-1832-1200349148_thumb.jpg

Edited by Awake 502
Social source share

There was a red original :thumbsup: that turned up the same time as Eddie Foster demo's, Jades, Anderson Brothers etc. I have one somewhere, seem to remember the "Modern" logo is a lot smaller than it should be. Compare it to Mel Williams etc....

Found it.....

You are right, it's a boot alright

Social source share

My advice would be not to touch it, but somehow get it into a lead box and keep it there until you can verify its authenticity. If it proves to be a boot, you can just bury it in at least 18 inches of concrete, or get it sent to the northern soul version of Sellafield to be disposed of properly. You can never be too carefull when bootlegs are concerned. I hope it turns out to be kosher.

I don't know of my mind is playing tricks, but I seem to remember a light blue boot back in about 75.

Paul

That's funny

Social source share

Lenny,

Manships bootleg guide says;

"Booted twice first in the 70s vinyl with a bevelled outer edge. Pressed as white demos with promotional copies printed at a 45 degree angle in the top right corner.ALSO REISSUED IN BY MODERN this is a better looking item.A red stock copy, but has a 50% smaller MODERN logo than the origanal design.origanal stock copies are extremely rare." ;

Hope this helps

roddy

Social source share

Lenny,

Manships bootleg guide says;

"Booted twice first in the 70s vinyl with a bevelled outer edge. Pressed as white demos with promotional copies printed at a 45 degree angle in the top right corner.ALSO REISSUED IN BY MODERN this is a better looking item.A red stock copy, but has a 50% smaller MODERN logo than the origanal design.origanal stock copies are extremely rare." ;

Hope this helps

roddy

cheers boys,

yeah roddy , its the red one with the smaller modern logo.......nae luck.......again. post-3413-1200738198_thumb.jpg

Edited by lenny h.
Social source share

I was just comparing the white & black label Danny Monday boot to the original & just realised the boots have been pressed by using the original pressing plates. Only difference is the boots have a raised run in.

Always thought the sound quality was good on these boots, so that's the reason. Wonder who found the plates?

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

pottsy

Social source share

Got this fantastic list sent thro the post from the States in the late 70's

The list came from a certain Simon Soussan

The list boasted some really rare soul on 'Original Labels'

I bought a Mel Britt, Salvadors and a Danny Monday

When they arrived it was obvious they were all boots but on 'original Labels'

The Mel Britt was the boot that is vinyl with the ZTSC matrix 'around' the

deadwax with a moulded label. The Salvadors was good though, and very hard

to distinguish from a real one in colour and label text but dead wax lettering

was wrong.

The Danny Monday WAS a red label but had the Small Modern logo as the one

shown above.

All of these records were made of good quality vinyl much more akin to a 70's

pressing plant... probably where Soussan got them made.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert