too much drum machine

switch it off

Yup! Disco! tongue.gif

Sounds like an early "lavine" raping ..... I mean remix :lol:

Edited by Glynn Jones
Social source share

Alston Ken, you sure ???

Ian.

Yes i think,honey combe yellow thing i`ll find later but dont hold ya`breath if not its a 12".sorry if cant locate it but will have a go tommora`,sure its a US seven tho` :lol: could be RCA maybe.I have LP with it on too!!,same label.

Social source share

Yes i think,honey combe yellow thing i`ll find later but dont hold ya`breath if not its a 12".sorry if cant locate it but will have a go tommora`,sure its a US seven tho` :lol: could be RCA maybe.I have LP with it on too!!,same label.

played it some time ago as LP track at YKSoul northern soul charity event -mixed reaction, but nice to play something abit different to the traditionalists

Northampton Soul Weekender 4 23-26 May 08.Live acts included The Impressions, Undisputed Truth, Kenny Bernard . 20 DJs including Sean Chapman, Jo Wallace , Eddy Edmundson, Andy Bellwood, Chris 'Bearsoul' Morgan. Details including accomodation www.northernsoulradio.co.uk .Tel 01604759719

Social source share

4402 - ...Explosion...! - Betty Wright [1976] Open The Door To Your Heart/Do Right Girl/I Think I'd Better Think About It/Smother Me With Your Love/Don't Forget To Say I Love You Today//Keep Feelin'/Rock On Baby, Rock On/If I Ever Do Wrong/Bluesville/Life

Alston release,so why not 7"or 12" Alston release.........find it tommora`and maybe someone can offer me a big heap of money for it.

Social source share

yes as far as i know its on italian rca only. available in a nice picture sleeve. i had a issue

and then found a nice white demo.its maybe a little on the long side but when ive played it

always gets people running to the decks. is the lp version a different take?

dave

LP VERSION IS A DIFFERENT TAKE IT,S CRAP .
Social source share

LP VERSION IS A DIFFERENT TAKE IT,S CRAP .

Be aware that Betty released radically different versions of OTDTYH on two late 70s albums. Her first cut of it is on the Explosion! lp. She followed it a few years later with a stab on Travelling In Wrighht Circles. I agree that the latter version is pretty tame disco, but the first version is an absolutely blinding piece of driving uptempo southern soul music which fits in well with the likes of Jerry Washington on Glades.

Very few things in recorded soul music will ever touch Darrell Banks's original, but Betty's is certainly my second favourite reading. I think she succeeds pretty well in moulding the song to her own very individual musical vision. In contrast many other versions of the song, no matter how well played, arranged or sung, are merely pale imitations of Banks' masterpiece.

Edited by garethx
Social source share

Be aware that Betty released radically different versions of OTDTYH on two late 70s albums. Her first cut of it is on the Explosion! lp. She followed it a few years later with a stab on Travelling In Wrighht Circles. I agree that the latter version is pretty tame disco, but the first version is an absolutely blinding piece of driving uptempo southern soul music which fits in well with the likes of Jerry Washington on Glades.

Very few things in recorded soul music will ever touch Darrell Banks's original, but Betty's is certainly my second favourite reading. I think she succeeds pretty well in moulding the song to her own very individual musical vision. In contrast many other versions of the song, no matter how well played, arranged or sung, are merely pale imitations of Bank's masterpiece.

IT,S THE FIRST VERSION THAT CAME OUT ON THE ITALIAN ONLY 45 IN 76, HOW MUCH AND HOW RARE WAS THE ORIGINAL QUESTION, WHO REALLY KNOWS AT THIS POINT.

BRI PINCH.

Social source share

To be honest I don't think this is that rare on Italian 45 (and I'm pretty convinced that there is no US 45). I'd value it at no more than £25.

IF IT,S NOT RARE , WHERE ARE THEY THEN..APART FROM ITALY :thumbsup: . AVVIN SAID THAT 25 QUID WOULD BE AGOOD PROFIT IF I WRE SELLIN.

BRI PINCH.

Edited by bri pinch
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert