Massive Notts Spin?

Pete S

• Replies 67
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

What a bizarre description...as if the fact that something is massive in "Notts" would be tempting?

https://cgi.ebay.com/IT-MUST-BE-LOVE-Modern...1QQcmdZViewItem

Is the seller on here? I don't understand how any US seller could say stuff like that. Personally I could only tell you what spins are massive in my apartment, it's amusing for me to read the DJ threads here but I would never have the balls to use that info in an auction without really knowing anything about it.

Social source share

Guest andyrattigan

Yes but is it big in Notts, thats what we want to know!

Maybe if they give it a spin there it will be. Never been out up Notts way.

Social source share

Pete

Maybe the seller just put the artist / title and northern / modern soul into Google and came up with it on a play list at a do in Nottingham?

Saying that, it was played quite a bit at modern nights in the mid 80's and well have been 'big' at Rock City, but I can't remember for sure now.

Social source share

HUCKNALL!!! Crike, haha, I live there and I can't hear it - thank god :lol:

Seller also sold some others, mentions Cleethorpes, Keb, Prestatyn, Ian Levine etc. Mentions on the Cleethorpes listing that their friend in the UK told them so....so it must be true eh ? :huh:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ALWAYS-ROOM-FOR-1-MORE...1QQcmdZViewItem

So he's basically googling things and coming up with abstract comments then - wait til he sees "BIG IN MY FRONT ROOM" :lol:

Social source share

What a bizarre description...as if the fact that something is massive in "Notts" would be tempting?

https://cgi.ebay.com/IT-MUST-BE-LOVE-Modern...1QQcmdZViewItem

Born and bred in Notts now living on the Notts/Derby border regular visitor to most gigs in the area especially Annesley, go to Soul Nights every weekend, sometimes Friday & Saturday, have never heard this tune on our side of the county, like it though.

Edited by bridget
Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

The only thing massive in Hucknall are the residents :huh:

add....

oh and Tescos

Edited by Fatius Bumius
Social source share

Born and bred in Notts now living on the Notts/Derby border regular visiter to most gigs in the area especially Annesley, go to Soul Nights every weekend, sometimes Friday & Saturday, have never heard this tune on our side of the county, like it though.

It is funny though because someone did tell me that most of the copies of Jason Knight "Our love is getting stronger" were sold in the Notts area - and I don't think they were kidding.

Social source share

Born and bred in Notts now living on the Notts/Derby border regular visitor to most gigs in the area especially Annesley, go to Soul Nights every weekend, sometimes Friday & Saturday, have never heard this tune on our side of the county, like it though.

Has this been a very clever marketing ploy - is it now going to be big in Notts ( / Derbys')? - natural sceptic. Dean

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Well I like it! So much so, I just popped on Musicstack, and bought a 7" one for $3.75! :huh:  (Frank Wilson production, apparently)

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

Ha, memory jogging time, it has had recent plays in Notts, and at Skeg weekender if I remember.

I'm one of those that say "oh this sounds like...."

Ohh Ohhhh, you got the best of my love , ohhh ohhhh.... Emotions - Best of My Love.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Ha, memory jogging time, it has had recent plays in Notts, and at Skeg weekender if I remember.

I'm one of those that say "oh this sounds like...."

Ohh Ohhhh, you got the best of my love , ohhh ohhhh.... Emotions - Best of My Love.

Definatly! Of course, the Emotions is a great record IMHO.

Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

Totally agree Pikey, Emotions is Disco, so is Alton to my ears. Each to their own I s'pose.

Won't be giving up space in my record box for one, :huh: and if it goes MASSIVE in Notts, I'll be stopping in more.

Social source share

The irony of it all, has resulted in the inception of this thread, nearly 500 views and over 30 posts as I type......wonder how many have clicked the link to view the auction?

Regardless of whether this tune is big in Notts or not, I'd say the ebay description has been extremely effective and served its purpose.....to attract the maximum viewings of this item listing.

Bet the seller is well chuffed :huh:

Social source share

Guest Trevski

The irony of it all, has resulted in the inception of this thread, nearly 500 views and over 30 posts as I type......wonder how many have clicked the link to view the auction?

Regardless of whether this tune is big in Notts or not, I'd say the ebay description has been extremely effective and served its purpose.....to attract the maximum viewings of this item listing.

Dunno, only got $20. There are some on Musicstack and Gemm up to $140!

Social source share

Bet the seller is well chuffed :lol:

I`d have gone with,a biggun`at Wigan.........might have got £21 then :huh:

Social source share

What 6 bids, 3 from the same person, ending at about £10 plus having to pay ebay, and PeteS his 'finders fee' .

Not forgeting the £3 postage from the US to Nottingham, both parties must be well cuffed :lol::lol:

Social source share

What 6 bids, 3 from the same person, ending at about £10 plus having to pay ebay, and PeteS his 'finders fee' .

Not forgeting the £3 postage from the US to Nottingham, both parties must be well cuffed :huh::lol:

Whats well cuffed mean...or are you getting shirty :lol::lol:

My comment is not based on end result.....but gaining max views for auction (hence the 'you can lead a horse to water....' comment) :lol:

Social source share

Pete

Maybe the seller just put the artist / title and northern / modern soul into Google and came up with it on a play list at a do in Nottingham?

Saying that, it was played quite a bit at modern nights in the mid 80's and well have been 'big' at Rock City, but I can't remember for sure now.

Of course it was big at the Rock City. So I think it s fair to say it was a massive tune (played on a thursday night to 40 paying punters in 1984) All s fair in advertising and he s told no lies biggrin.gif:P:D

Social source share

Bet the seller is well chuffed laugh.gif

It only did that becauseI posted the topic Mace, if I hadn't he'd have had about 3 views so his description did absolutely nothing to promote it really did it?

Social source share

It only did that because I posted the topic Mace, if I hadn't he'd have had about 3 views so his description did absolutely nothing to promote it really did it?

Of course it did Pete....... you only posted the topic because of the 'massive in Notts' comment on the description.

So although it was not the sellers intention to expect your reaction to the description, the point is it still helped to sell the item...... :Plaugh.gif

Edited by Mace
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert