Denbo

• Replies 51
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

If I was going to sell one of my Alexander Pattens, which would fetch the most money, my UK copy or my US copy?

Both are issues and both about the same condition, which is strong VG++

for some strange reason i think the usa copy seems to be worth more, :lamsey:
Social source share

yes steve there is.

the song title should be in one line. also a tiny daisy matrix in the dead wax.

hope that helps.

the song title should be in one line

You sure about this as I've had my import for more than 30 years and the title is on two lines.

Not sure about the daisy though, I'll check when I get home.

Social source share

Also the spelling of the artist name is different ie patton/patten very clever as with jerry cook i hurt on the other side, correct about the dasy stamp though :lol:

Patten being the original and Patton being the boot? Correct?

Can somebody throw up a scan of the boot with Patton?

Still don't believe the proposition that the title should be on one line for it to be an original.

Can somebody sustantiate this with proof / evidence?

Edited by denbo
Social source share

NO OTHER WAY ROUND MATEY, LOOK FOR THE DASIE STAMP IN THE DEADWAX IF NOT SURE JUST CHECKED THE BOOKS FOR YOU THATS THE INFO THERE GIVING OUT ANYWAY :lol:

Still don't believe the proposition that the title should be on one line for it to be an original.

Social source share

got me info from john manship's boot guide. . and that what it say's mate all on one line.

Social source share

YEH got my info from that book aswell, like i said very clever these and duped a lot of people when they first appeared along with jerry cook, think they used the original company blank labels aswell :unsure: allways look for daisy stamp if not sure

Hang on, correct me if I'm wrong.

The original as the title on one line with Patten not Patton c/w a daisy in the runout groove?

A boot would therefore have the title on two lines with Patton not Patten without a daisy in the runout groove?

What if I've got one with the title on two lines and Patten not Patton without a daisy in the runout groove?

Or, better still, one with the title on two lines and Patten not Pattan c/w a daisy in the runout groove?

Social source share

Hang on, correct me if I'm wrong.

The original as the title on one line with Patten not Patton c/w a daisy in the runout groove?

A boot would therefore have the title on two lines with Patton not Patten without a daisy in the runout groove?

What if I've got one with the title on two lines and Patten not Patton without a daisy in the runout groove?

Or, better still, one with the title on two lines and Patten not Pattan c/w a daisy in the runout groove?

Dunno about that mate can only give you info avalable and as i understood it nearly bought a boot myself many years ago luckily my mate interviened and stopped me, according to jm`s price guide and i quote ALEXANDER PATTON-A LIL LOVIN SOMETIME-CAPITOL 5677 [TITLE ON ONE LINE WITH DAISY STAMP]

ALEXANDER PATTON-A LIL LOVIN SOMTIME-CAPITOL5677 [TITLE ON TWO LINES WITH "AIM" STAMP]

THINK THE KEY IS IN THE ARTIST SPELLING AND THE DEADWAX STAMPS HOPE THIS HELPS

Social source share

Original USA Reads.

A LIL LOVIN' SOMETIMES

ALEXADER PATTEN

Bootleg USA Reads

A LIL

LOVIN' SOMETIMES

ALEXANDER PATTEN or PATTON

Original Canadian Reads

A LIL LOVIN'

SOMETIMES

ALEXANDER PATTEN

Hope this helps.

Social source share

Dunno about that mate can only give you info avalable and as i understood it nearly bought a boot myself many years ago luckily my mate interviened and stopped me, according to jm`s price guide and i quote ALEXANDER PATTON-A LIL LOVIN SOMETIME-CAPITOL 5677 [TITLE ON ONE LINE WITH DAISY STAMP]

ALEXANDER PATTON-A LIL LOVIN SOMTIME-CAPITOL5677 [TITLE ON TWO LINES WITH "AIM" STAMP]

THINK THE KEY IS IN THE ARTIST SPELLING AND THE DEADWAX STAMPS HOPE THIS HELPS

Should that be Patton? Or Patten?

Patten is the correct spelling, yes?

That quote from Manship's book could mean that both are originals, just that the one with title on one line has a daisy stamp, whilst the one with the title on two lines has an AIM stamp.

What does the AIM mean?

Social source share

That quote from Manship's book could mean that both are originals, just that the one with title on one line has a daisy stamp, whilst the one with the title on two lines has an AIM stamp.

What does the AIM mean?

According to jm`s book wich i`m reading patton has also been booted without the AIM stamp, havn`t got the bootlegg guide to hand but there is a big write up in there about maybe a quick pm to john manship may clear this up for you :unsure:

Social source share

According to jm`s book wich i`m reading patton has also been booted without the AIM stamp, havn`t got the bootlegg guide to hand but there is a big write up in there about maybe a quick pm to john manship may clear this up for you :unsure:

Does the book spell the artist as Patton or Patten?

Social source share

What does the AIM mean?

It's PATTON on my UK demo.

I think it reads PATTEN on both US Original and US Boot (from memory).

Sean

Social source share

It's PATTON on my UK demo.

I think it reads PATTEN on both US Original and US Boot (from memory).

Sean

I seem to recall that even the Capitol original was mis spelt... and the Capitol Boot followed suit.

The UK "Soul Sounds" boot reads PATTON - probably because the detail was copied from the UK Capitol copy.

To complicate matters further, his US Duo Disc 45 reads PATTON.

Social source share

I seem to recall that even the Capitol original was mis spelt... and the Capitol Boot followed suit.

The UK "Soul Sounds" boot reads PATTON - probably because the detail was copied from the UK Capitol copy.

Aaaarrrrrrrgh!!!!!!

Social source share

Easily the rarest issue of Alexander Patton is its appearance on a 12" LP sampler (playing at 33rpm) Capitol issued to radio stations in the US in 1966, of which I am the proud owner :unsure: No argument about legitimacy on these LP's !

They issued these various artists LP's periodically through the mid 60's. Soul tracks mixed with country pop and rock artists.

Complete versions of the songs with no editing whatsoever and sound reproduction far better than even the original issue 45's !!!

I have others with Bobby Paris "I Walked Away" , one with Patrice Holloway "Stolen Hours" , another with HB Barnum's "Heartbreaker" and one with the Checkmates "Kissin Her and Cryin for You" , and Frank Polk "Tryin To Keep Up With The Joneses" !!!!!

Who'd have thought these tracks would appeared in 12" form at their time of issue in the 60's and a major label like Capitol did in fact try to break these tracks back then.

Social source share

Great record tho`,part of my miss-spelt youth :thumbsup:

Social source share

If I was going to sell one of my Alexander Pattens, which would fetch the most money, my UK copy or my US copy?

Both are issues and both about the same condition, which is strong VG++

easy one this the Uk copy is far rarer than the US copy, especially the stock issue.

SHEEP

Social source share

easy one this the Uk copy is far rarer than the US copy, especially the stock issue.

SHEEP

Yep!..........UK Demo`s are very scarce but the issues are dog rare!

:thumbsup:

Social source share

What does the AIM mean?

Social source share

What does the AIM mean?

The West coast ORIGINAL Capitol with the DAISY stamp, has the TITLE written across in ONE LINE.

The East coast ORIGINAL Capitol with the TRIANGLE AIM stamp, has the TITLE written across in TWO LINES.

The clever BOOTLEG Capitol copied the original with the titile in two lines, but DOES NOT have the Triangle Aim stamp.

All the above are by Alexander Patten.

The UK original release mispelled his name and released it as Alexander Patton.

Cant beleive this is still goin`on,so easy whats to understand as above,but the Pattern copy must be Yarkshire pressin`wouldnt mind seein`a scan of that. :)

Social source share

The West coast ORIGINAL Capitol with the DAISY stamp, has the TITLE written across in ONE LINE.

The East coast ORIGINAL Capitol with the TRIANGLE AIM stamp, has the TITLE written across in TWO LINES.

The clever BOOTLEG Capitol copied the original with the titile in two lines, but DOES NOT have the Triangle Aim stamp.

All the above are by Alexander Patten.

The UK original release mispelled his name and released it as Alexander Patton.

One thing that has puzzled me is that I have never seen a DEMO copy, does one exist?

Social source share

NO USA PROMO OF THIS, JUST LIKE STOLEN HOURS. FOR A BRIEF PERIOD IN MID 66' CAPITOL REFRAINED FROM PUTTIN OUT PROMOS. GOIN' BACK TO ORIGINALS AS HARRY SAID EARLIER, DAISY STAMP, WEST COAST, IAM WITHIN A TRIANGLE STAMP EAST COAST PRESSINGS, SIMPLE REALLY :thumbsup: . ANYWAY THINK I'D RATHER KEEP A BRITISH ONE ANYWAY ( ISSUE).

BRI PINCH.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert