Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Mrs Simsy

Ooh thats a tough one...for me it would have to be (no order

Sean Chapman

Des Parker

Dave Rimmer

John Weston

There are more but i'm confused as to how many that you can list....also it's my lunchbreak so i'm off to get a sarnie! :unsure::wicked:

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Ady Croasdell

Ian Clarke

Jo Wallace

Keith Money

:unsure: that's very decent of you to sandwich me in between all those lovely people...Ian and I have squashed together on more than one occassion :unsure: Thanks for the vote - I'm very flattered :wicked: Jo

Social source share

My favorite DJ as to be Hitsville Chalky Simply for his passion enthusiam and love for the soul scene ~

He is the future of the soul scene and I'm proud to be associated with him ~~~~

:wub: Luv Dawnieidingle :lol: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Social source share

My favorite DJ as to be Hitsville Chalky Simply for his passion enthusiam and love for the soul scene ~

He is the future of the soul scene and I'm proud to be associated with him ~~~~

:lol: Luv Dawnieidingle :( xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i used to know him before he was famous :wub:

Social source share

MR ~ BLUE MAX ~ MILLWARD

LITTLE SCOTTY

TED MASSEY

SEAN CHAPMAN

DAVE EVISON

BUTCH

NIGE BROWN

KEITH MINSHULL

HITSVILLE CHALKY

CAROL McCARTHY

DR PICKLES

SAM MOORE

DAVE RIMMER

JOHN WESTON

ANTON LUDWIG

COL KIDSON

LARRY Mc

WULFIE

GARY HOLYMAN

GAZ LEES

KENNY ONIONS

JUMPIN JOAN

JAMIE CARR

BILL BISHOP.............JB :wub:

Edited by JELLYBEAN
Social source share

MR ~ BLUE MAX ~ MILLWARD

LITTLE SCOTTY

TED MASSEY

SEAN CHAPMAN

DAVE EVISON

BUTCH

NIGE BROWN

KEITH MINSHULL

HITSVILLE CHALKY

CAROL McCARTHY

DR PICKLES

SAM MOORE

DAVE RIMMER

JOHN WESTON

ANTON LUDWIG

COL KIDSON

LARRY Mc

WULFIE

GARY HOLYMAN

GAZ LEES

KENNY ONIONS

JUMPIN JOAN

JB :wub:

u forgot jellybongo n mart

Social source share

Guest posstot

In no particular order, but starting from times past, to the present:

Nev Wherry

John Vincent

Pat Brady

Dean Anderson

Saus

Butch

Dave Rimmer

And, of course... 'Johnny Fingers'!! :thumbsup:

i'll second that...just received 4 discs, all brill...PM you later fingers Mike

Social source share

LITTLE SCOTTY always packs the floor WITH BOOTLEG RECORDS

ok toad you seem to be fixated with boots so im sure i can talk scotty into letting you have a nose in his box n mate you aint gonna find boots see you at amlwch n keep your personal remarks to yourself they aint needed or wanted

Edited by eddyg
Social source share

Guy Hennigan

Mick H

Keith Money

Thats a pretty good call Phil..

I will add

Ady Croasdale

Roger Banks

Richard Searling

We could go on and on...Nice call too from Mikey for Marco/Tony Smith... real quality and something different too...Would like to hear more of these boys plus Lenny and many many more.....

Social source share

My favourite Dj's are

Hitsville Chalky

Craig Westwood

Jo Wallace

:yes: Luv Dawnieidingle wub.gif xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by Dawnie
Social source share

Guest Phil Richards

Thats a pretty good call Phil..

I will add

Ady Croasdale

Roger Banks

Richard Searling

We could go on and on...Nice call too from Mikey for Marco/Tony Smith... real quality and something different too...Would like to hear more of these boys plus Lenny and many many more.....

Guy's the top man for me :thumbsup:

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
Guest andyrattigan

Favourite DJs in no particular order:

Richard Searling

Paul Grant (Ireland)

Ady Croasdell

Mick Smith

Steve Woomble (only heard him once but he was fantastic)

Soul Sam

Butch

Irish Pip

James Trouble

Keb Darge

Edu Domingo (Barcelona)

John Dunne (Dublin)

Social source share

My fav dj´s from Germany are Marc Forrest and Thorsten Wegner...both are a must for the list thumbsup.gif

and how could I forget Gerhard Betz from Frankfurt...top floorfiller... also a must for the list!

and I will definitely vote for Arthur Fenn.......simply magic!

Edited by Andreas
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Any Dj that feels the music he/she is playing and dont just play the music :(

I agree 100% with you Bearsy, anyone can play records, lets face it , after all it aint rocket science is it ???????

soul music is exactly that , it has to be heard 1st, and if it stirs emotion of any kind then it`ll stay with you for ever, you feel it, and we all as individual personalities experience our own depth of soulful understanding.

If any of you feel for the music like l do, and have done since the age of 11/12 ( some years now ),

then you will know exactly what lm trying to say.

So its about D.J`s playing good soulful records by good soulful artists, not particualy playing expensive records..........................just good soul music, no matter if it`s classic oldies,70`s/80`s crossover or the latest modern release, IF IT TOUCHES ME AND I FEEL IT THE VERY FIRST TIME I HEAR IT, THEN I`ll LOVE IT THE REST OF MY LIFE,BECAUSE IT`s IN MY HEART, & NOBODY CAN TEACH YOU THAT, CUS YOU EITHER GOT IT OR YOU AINT.

We have been blessed on the soul scene over the many years, by every D.J that has ever put him/herself up there & given it a go, because they havent just got up there a bunged a record on a turntable , in most cases its took a lot of guts and nerve to do that, and they all do it to the best of their ability, emotion,passion ,and love for the music they believe in .

FOR THAT VERY REASON, THEY ALL GET MY VOTE,

THANX FOR ALL THE MUSIC YOU HAVE PLAYED THAT HAS INSPIRED ME OVER THE YEARS, MUSIC THAT IF IT WASNT FOR D.Js LIKE WE ARE PROUD OF NO MATTER WHAT VENUE OR PART OF THE COUNTRY THEY COME FROM, THEY ALL HAVE CONTRIBUTED IN THEIR OWN UNIQUE WAY TO THE SOUL SCENE, AND MADE WHAT IT HAS BECOME.

Best regards Sandi

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

I agree 100% with you Bearsy, anyone can play records, lets face it , after all it aint rocket science is it ???????

soul music is exactly that , it has to be heard 1st, and if it stirs emotion of any kind then it`ll stay with you for ever, you feel it, and we all as individual personalities experience our own depth of soulful understanding.

If any of you feel for the music like l do, and have done since the age of 11/12 ( some years now ),

then you will know exactly what lm trying to say.

So its about D.J`s playing good soulful records by good soulful artists, not particualy playing expensive records..........................just good soul music, no matter if it`s classic oldies,70`s/80`s crossover or the latest modern release, IF IT TOUCHES ME AND I FEEL IT THE VERY FIRST TIME I HEAR IT, THEN I`ll LOVE IT THE REST OF MY LIFE,BECAUSE IT`s IN MY HEART, & NOBODY CAN TEACH YOU THAT, CUS YOU EITHER GOT IT OR YOU AINT.

We have been blessed on the soul scene over the many years, by every D.J that has ever put him/herself up there & given it a go, because they havent just got up there a bunged a record on a turntable , in most cases its took a lot of guts and nerve to do that, and they all do it to the best of their ability, emotion,passion ,and love for the music they believe in .

FOR THAT VERY REASON, THEY ALL GET MY VOTE,

THANX FOR ALL THE MUSIC YOU HAVE PLAYED THAT HAS INSPIRED ME OVER THE YEARS, MUSIC THAT IF IT WASNT FOR D.Js LIKE WE ARE PROUD OF NO MATTER WHAT VENUE OR PART OF THE COUNTRY THEY COME FROM, THEY ALL HAVE CONTRIBUTED IN THEIR OWN UNIQUE WAY TO THE SOUL SCENE, AND MADE WHAT IT HAS BECOME.

Best regards Sandi

:(

Social source share

35 years on and i've heard most of the ones worth a thought.....so here's MY thoughts

Influences

Blue Max

Pep

Neil Rushton

Best ever spot

Soul Sam's last at Wigan (perfection the records did the talkin' telling all those with any gumption, that this was the biggest ever injustice that even this bitter political scene ever witnessed)

My fave. thinkin' mans dj Dave Thorley who could pull records from leftfield leaving us all wishing we'ed thought of playing 'em

Full marks for enthusiasm n effort

Swoz

Scotty

Oldies heroes

Keith

Dave E

Steve W

Respect to

Pat B

Butch

Dave Allcock

Gary R

Richard

Guy

all major players who "did the business"

Too many friends to mention who have all played their part

ie. Toad David Phil John P Planty ETC....ETC...

Good to see(current dj's i influenced in my own way)

Dave Welding

John Weston

John Pugh

Kenny O

Joan

Mark Freeman

etc.....etc.....

hope some of those things i used to play 'ya helped along the way

Finally the No 1....well its a tie .......

COLIN CURTIS and SOUL SAM

love my choices or loathe 'em in the end its the tunes that they introduced ME to that tells the tale and theirs talk in volumes...big fuckin leather bound ones

Edited by harpo1
Social source share

Guest Bearsy

No... rocket science is easy :thumbup:

light it and watch blow up in the sky with lots of people saying woooooooooo

me i prefer catherine wheels :lol:

How doing Joan and its good to see you have got plenty of mentions and rightly derserved too :unsure:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert