• Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

post-1275-1199470279_thumb.jpg

Which issue is this please :D

It has 698 -B and a raised X, AT, nashville scratched in and a line with a bump coming out of it similar to the ohm symbol !!

There were a lot of different boots of this Ian, and my memory ain't the best (JM's bootleg guide is probably best for clarification... anyone?) but think that, if yours is styrene with a raised X then it is the Detroit original - only problem I have there though is the 'shade' of green. I can't remember if it was light or dark! I know it was reissued by atco in the seventies on both green and orange but I think the layout of the label was different? And I do remember a dark green boot, albeit with a very glossy stick on label.

As I say, with so many boots and reissues of this I honestly can't remember which is which but hopefully someone will clear things up.

Social source share

I know it was reissued by atco in the seventies on both green and orange but I think the layout of the label was different?

Deffo on orange for 70's company reissue.... seem to remember had address (or summat) on label :D ....

Don't seen that this company reissue was also on green though.... just orange....

Social source share

I know it was reissued by atco in the seventies on both green and orange but I think the layout of the label was different?

Deffo on orange for 70's company reissue.... seem to remember had adress on label, I think :D ....

Don't seen that this company reissue was also on green though.... just orange....

Social source share

Deffo on orange for 70's company reissue.... seem to remember had adress on label, I think :D ....

Seemed to think a green vinyl copy with a moulded label with atco dist on bottom of label? May be barking completely uup the wrong tree here and simply getting details of originals and boots intertwined! So I'm gonna shut up now... before I start digging a hole for myself smile.gif

Social source share

Seemed to think a green vinyl copy with a moulded label with atco dist on bottom of label? May be barking completely uup the wrong tree here and simply getting details of originals and boots intertwined! So I'm gonna shut up now... before I start digging a hole for myself :D

Quite a complex subject in all honesty

There is a known, Presumed One Off copy on Orange HIB (The Rarest)

A White DEMO with the Parker Street Address, (Rocking Horse ....)

A White DEMO Atco Distributed,

Here is the thread from November 2006. >>> LINK <<< You should find the Information contained useful.

It is one of my Favourite Instrumentals, I love the Vocal, but the Instrumental just wins in my opinion.

I will try to feature the different Issues at a Later Date in the New sub forum. The Sharp End Of Vinyl

I have the White DEMO Atco Distributed and used to have the Green Styrene with the Raised X.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

This is probably the most common topic on Soul Source and probably gets covered about 4 times a year so there is plenty of information already existing on this site if you do a search, however there is no harm in covering it again as the status of such a great instrumental definately warrants it.

Has Roger has already pointed out a few of the variants out there.

I have the one which Roger highlights as the rarest which is the Orange HIB issue which at the moment is the only known copy, I have posted up scans of this issue before and I will post them up again if I can get my scanner to work. It is quite different to the Orange re-issue.

Regards

Alan

Social source share

post-1275-1199470279_thumb.jpg

Which issue is this please biggrin.gif

It has 698 -B and a raised X, AT, nashville scratched in and a line with a bump coming out of it similar to the ohm symbol !!

Forgot to add, this copy is vinyl with moulded over label, looking closer the X isn't as raised as i thought and could be just scatched in.

I got this from a well respected dealer/DJ who told me he got it off Richard Wylie himself !!

Looked at old threads and it is a minefield :( , blimey charlie !!

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

A White DEMO with the Parker Street Address, (Rocking Horse ....)

A White DEMO Atco Distributed,

Here is the thread from November 2006. >>> LINK <<< You should find the Information contained useful.

It is one of my Favourite Instrumentals, I love the Vocal, but the Instrumental just wins in my opinion.

I will try to feature the different Issues at a Later Date in the New sub forum. The Sharp End Of Vinyl

I have the White DEMO Atco Distributed and used to have the Green Styrene with the Raised X.

i remember pat brady selling a green demo on his sales list about ten years ago and him saying it was the first hed ever seen

Social source share

Seemed to think a green vinyl copy with a moulded label with atco dist on bottom of label? May be barking completely uup the wrong tree here and simply getting details of originals and boots intertwined! So I'm gonna shut up now... before I start digging a hole for myself :D

There is a green, almost turquoise issue on vinyl, of the White Demo that has ATCO distributed etc written up the left side. It is rare and I have only ever seen it once, but when I saw it I knew right away that it was the issue to this type of White Demo.

Social source share

Forgot to add, this copy is vinyl with moulded over label, looking closer the X isn't as raised as i thought and could be just scatched in.

I got this from a well respected dealer/DJ who told me he got it off Richard Wylie himself !!

Looked at old threads and it is a minefield :D , blimey charlie !!

That is a definite boot I'm afraid

Social source share

There were a lot of different boots of this Ian, and my memory ain't the best (JM's bootleg guide is probably best for clarification... anyone?) but think that, if yours is styrene with a raised X then it is the Detroit original - only problem I have there though is the 'shade' of green. I can't remember if it was light or dark! I know it was reissued by atco in the seventies on both green and orange but I think the layout of the label was different? And I do remember a dark green boot, albeit with a very glossy stick on label.

As I say, with so many boots and reissues of this I honestly can't remember which is which but hopefully someone will clear things up.

I have one like this in styrene but also has PLUG SIDE and PROMOTIONAL NOT FOR SALE on the r'h side.

Monarch pressing number 64973 ( Jan 1967)

I ran it past Mr Manship a few years ago and he reckoned it was a 'real one'

Now, if anyone can tell he how to do a scan and attach, I'll post it up here!

Julian

Social source share

As I myself have been down this road before, it looks to me like a bootleg copy. I only say this because I finally bought an original on e-bay, which is green, but has the text 4862 Parker St. Detroit Mich running underneath the Hib Records logo.

The best way of telling though is the sound quality, the bootlegs have a pretty poor, very quiet sound.

Best,

Ian

Social source share

• 3 months later...

Looked at old threads and it is a minefield :D , blimey charlie !!

Must have been Richard Wylie.......the plumber :thumbsup:

wink.gif

Social source share

This is probably the most common topic on Soul Source and probably gets covered about 4 times a year so there is plenty of information already existing on this site if you do a search, however there is no harm in covering it again as the status of such a great instrumental definately warrants it.

Has Roger has already pointed out a few of the variants out there.

I have the one which Roger highlights as the rarest which is the Orange HIB issue which at the moment is the only known copy, I have posted up scans of this issue before and I will post them up again if I can get my scanner to work. It is quite different to the Orange re-issue.

Regards

Alan

There you go Alan.......ive scanned mine for ya!

I wish!!!

:thumbsup:

post-7917-1209755125_thumb.jpg

post-7917-1209755151_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• 1 month later...

As I myself have been down this road before, it looks to me like a bootleg copy. I only say this because I finally bought an original on e-bay, which is green, but has the text 4862 Parker St. Detroit Mich running underneath the Hib Records logo.

The best way of telling though is the sound quality, the bootlegs have a pretty poor, very quiet sound.

Best,

Ian

Right here goes it, the 100% pucker no reason to doubt originals are as follows : Styrene/paper label/V.pronounced raised "X" along with ZTSP matrix stamp/ Snooker table green in colour/And label text is sharp and crisp and no little black ink spots on the label- Thats it!! all others are to be left well alone as they are either 70's reissues or even worse boot's. As for the orange "thing"....... leave it with you :-)

Social source share

Right here goes it, the 100% pucker no reason to doubt originals are as follows : Styrene/paper label/V.pronounced raised "X" along with ZTSP matrix stamp/ Snooker table green in colour/And label text is sharp and crisp and no little black ink spots on the label- Thats it!! all others are to be left well alone as they are either 70's reissues or even worse boot's. As for the orange "thing"....... leave it with you :-)

You are right about the styrene issues, but all the others issues are NOT 70's issues or boots!! There is a vinyl 100% original issue.

There is a green, almost turquoise issue on VINYL, of the White Demo that has ATCO distributed etc written up the left side. It is rare and I have only ever seen it a couple of times in 30+ years collecting. It is the issue to this type of White Demo and is rare! You have to turn the record 90 degrees to read the HIB label title and Atco distributed details. It is not the same thick print or shade of green, as the green issue featured in the previous posts above.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

• 1 year later...

Cheers Steve

that's the one I have ( same as the one on Manships auction at the moment) :thumbsup:

Julian

Hmmm....anyobe know what it ended up at?

wink.gif

Social source share

There is a green, almost turquoise issue on vinyl, of the White Demo that has ATCO distributed etc written up the left side. It is rare and I have only ever seen it once, but when I saw it I knew right away that it was the issue to this type of White Demo.

The one I got and defo an original!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert