Wiganer1

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Wouldn't say classic - might have been played a couple of times - I remember hearing it once and there were copies everywhere (mid 78)

---

a guy on ebay is selling it as an old torch spin..

when i mean classic its in terms of classic poppy girly uptempo wigan type thingy..

just bought a copy ...a few weeks ago

Social source share

Torch or Wigan?

not everyones cup of tea

thought this was classic 78 spin?

personally thought a wigan spin mark, thats where i first heard (and bought it), still quite like it and a fantastic dancer, very fast great for the spins!!

Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

This went reasonably big at Wigan in the first year(1073) but is mentioned on one of the adverts for VA-VA,s which would suggest it was played in Great Moor St. inthe summer of 1973 when Richard was working for Ed.Balbier (AT Global) and going to the states on a fairly regular basis.I know it was scheduled to come out on Disco Demand---don,t recall if it ever did??--i always liked it anyway.

Hope this helps

Tony Coleby

Torch or Wigan?

not everyones cup of tea

thought this was classic 78 spin?

Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

Bit of an error there --i know Wigan was a long time ago --but i meant it opened in 1973 not 1073

bye

Tony

This went reasonably big at Wigan in the first year(1073) but is mentioned on one of the adverts for VA-VA,s which would suggest it was played in Great Moor St. inthe summer of 1973 when Richard was working for Ed.Balbier (AT Global) and going to the states on a fairly regular basis.I know it was scheduled to come out on Disco Demand---don,t recall if it ever did??--i always liked it anyway.

Hope this helps

Tony Coleby

Social source share

Hope this helps

Tony Coleby

Your absolutely right- This was the first record I bought at Global and went on to work there part -time a couple of years later.

The original Red scepter copies or White demos were quite hard to find but the multicoloures were in great number.

Social source share

Hope this helps

Tony Coleby

1073? NOW THERE'S OLDIES AND OLDIES :yes: .First heard this at Wigan,maybe 1975.Picked it up from Kirkby market in me dinner hour on Scepter LP in same year.Played it at home that day,not quite the same buzz from it as at Wigan :lol: .

Nice hippy chick LP cover though.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert