• Replies 28
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Matt Male

Just finished watching it, mildly interesting but all done before. Just once i'd like to see a programme that didn't treat the scene as if it ended in 1981 :lol:

More interesting for me was the Criminal Justice Bill demonstration in Hyde Park, in a sequence about late 80s raves but which actually took place in 1995. I was there and nearly got run over by a police horse... :thumbup:

Social source share

More interesting for me was the Criminal Justice Bill demonstration in Hyde Park, in a sequence about late 80s raves but which actually took place in 1995. I was there and nearly got run over by a police horse... :thumbup:

More intersting for me is whats on BBC4 tomorrow night....Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlett, Stingray and Thunderbirds documentary :lol::D

Social source share

*Posted in a Soulsource Stylie*

Have just watched dance Britannia and thought the part about the 80's/90's was just total crap...

What do these people know about Acid/Rave/House Music??. for eg (*insert record of your Choice*) is not in fact a Acid House track but a 'Pop' record as it reached number 78 in the charts, also (*insert club name of your choice*) lost all credability for me when it played (*insert record of your choice*) and we all know there were much better venue's, (insert a n other venue) for eg broke many more new tracks.

Also (*insert DJ of your choice*) was far more influential on the Rave scene than (*insert a n other Jock) as he broke tracks long before (*insert a n other venue) even started, tracks such as (*insert records of your choice*) were the roots of the music, without which there would be no 'Scene', and why people go on about (*insert DJ of your choice*) is beyond me as he could not mix a Brown-Bitter let alone (*insert record of your choice*).

Sorry, but why can't these people just 'Move on', dressing up in (*insert clothing style of your choice*) and waving your arms around in a 'Big Box-Little Box' fashion is just so old hat and there are a lot more than 500 (*insert Genre of your choice*) records if only these dinosaurs would give them a chance..

:thumbup:

Edited by Teapot
Social source share

More intersting for me is whats on BBC4 tomorrow night....Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlett, Stingray and Thunderbirds documentary :lol::D

I agree - loved all these when I was young - I wanted to marry Scott TB1 or Captain Scarlett! Actually does anyone know if they are still available?! :thumbup:

Social source share

I agree - loved all these when I was young - I wanted to marry Scott TB1 or Captain Scarlett! Actually does anyone know if they are still available?! rolleyes.gif

post-2175-1199280504.jpg

Scott Tracey was last heard of living in a retirement home in Hawaii, but to all intents and purposes had "lost the plot", and I think Captain Scarlet got his comupence at the hands of Captain Black and the Mysterions in the very last episode. :shades:

Anyone know what F.A.B. stood for? :shades:

Loved all those 60s Gerry & Sylvia Anderson series-Thunderbirds, Capt Scarlet (Inde-structible), Century 21, Joe 90 etc, I still have some of the vinyl records, so if I didn't have the programmes all on tape, I'd be watching.

Social source share

post-2175-1199280504.jpg

Scott Tracey was last heard of living in a retirement home in Hawaii, but to all intents and purposes had "lost the plot", and I think Captain Scarlet got his comupence at the hands of Captain Black and the Mysterions in the very last episode. :yes:

Anyone know what F.A.B. stood for? :no:

Loved all those 60s Gerry & Sylvia Anderson series-Thunderbirds, Capt Scarlet (Inde-structible), Century 21, Joe 90 etc, I still have some of the vinyl records, so if I didn't have the programmes all on tape, I'd be watching.

F uc**g A wsome B ase :shades::shades:whistling.gif

Social source share

post-2175-1199280504.jpg

Scott Tracey was last heard of living in a retirement home in Hawaii, but to all intents and purposes had "lost the plot", and I think Captain Scarlet got his comupence at the hands of Captain Black and the Mysterions in the very last episode. :shades:

Anyone know what F.A.B. stood for? :shades:

I thought FAB stood for Thunderbirds Are Go until I realised thats TAG!!!! rolleyes.gif

Social source share

I agree - loved all these when I was young - I wanted to marry Scott TB1 or Captain Scarlett! Actually does anyone know if they are still available?! rolleyes.gif

I've got all 32 episodes if you want them...my God am I sick of Thunderbirds, we have to watch it every day, and I mean every day, for at least the last 6 months! (I also have allof the Fireball xl5's)

Social source share

I've got all 32 episodes if you want them...my God am I sick of Thunderbirds, we have to watch it every day, and I mean every day, for at least the last 6 months! (I also have allof the Fireball xl5's)

Never mind Pete...that phase is over before you blink..and believe me when i say ...you wish that you can stay there.... :thumbup: ...i would give anything to sit thru all the Teletubbies....Thomas the Tank engine...Alphabet Land...now i have got over that...is there no way that you can track down the Footsie footage...????!!!....obviously seeing that little trailer before the final prog...means that the footage must be out there somwhere.....pretty please :D ...Delxx

Social source share

Never mind Pete...that phase is over before you blink..and believe me when i say ...you wish that you can stay there.... :thumbup: ...i would give anything to sit thru all the Teletubbies....Thomas the Tank engine...Alphabet Land...now i have got over that...is there no way that you can track down the Footsie footage...????!!!....obviously seeing that little trailer before the final prog...means that the footage must be out there somwhere.....pretty please :D ...Delxx

Del I'm still not convinced it is the footage..

Social source share

Del I'm still not convinced it is the footage..

Pete..i am sure i spotted jethro :thumbup: .pwhoar... :D .on there...as well as that girl with the :)corkscrew pigtails...who constantly smiled as she high kicked...Bitch :D ...Pete ..i am sure that tape is out there...and you can find it...Delxx

Social source share

*Posted in a Soulsource Stylie*

Have just watched dance Britannia and thought the part about the 80's/90's was just total crap...

What do these people know about Acid/Rave/House Music??. for eg (*insert record of your Choice*) is not in fact a Acid House track but a 'Pop' record as it reached number 78 in the charts, also (*insert club name of your choice*) lost all credability for me when it played (*insert record of your choice*) and we all know there were much better venue's, (insert a n other venue) for eg broke many more new tracks.

Also (*insert DJ of your choice*) was far more influential on the Rave scene than (*insert a n other Jock) as he broke tracks long before (*insert a n other venue) even started, tracks such as (*insert records of your choice*) were the roots of the music, without which there would be no 'Scene', and why people go on about (*insert DJ of your choice*) is beyond me as he could not mix a Brown-Bitter let alone (*insert record of your choice*).

Sorry, but why can't these people just 'Move on', dressing up in (*insert clothing style of your choice*) and waving your arms around in a 'Big Box-Little Box' fashion is just so old hat and there are a lot more than 500 (*insert Genre of your choice*) records if only these dinosaurs would give them a chance..

:thumbup:

Must be on the wrong site !!!!!! I thought this was a nortern soul site ?????????????????

Social source share

Pete

you are lucky I was asked by a nice paying person to get him a copy of the theme too

"Four Feather Falls"

by Michael Holiday in any form

now that is taking cartoonery to its lowest and very earliest form

XL5/THUNDERBIRDS

bring it on

Social source share

Pete

you are lucky I was asked by a nice paying person to get him a copy of the theme too

"Four Feather Falls"

by Michael Holiday in any form

now that is taking cartoonery to its lowest and very earliest form

XL5/THUNDERBIRDS

bring it on

Well decided after watching Captain Scarlett first episode - prefer Capain Blue now! Also Troy Tempest - Stringray was another of my favs.

Social source share

Gonna have to try me some of that Lucozade....lol have you ever heard such a quote in your life, rose tinted glasses or what?....lol, credit to Paul Sadot for telling it like it was.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

RUSS has always promoted the 'rose tinted view'...He knows what went on, but chooses to lie about it (see his book!). I guess, in his world of self promotion and trying to get WIGAN CAFE etc opened, he figures he had better tell porky's and re-write history, in order to get support from the council. :thumbup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert