Does Anyone Know About The French Disco/boogie Scene?

Guest woolie mark

Guest woolie mark

is there anyone out there who knows about the french (early eighties) boogie/disco scene and can give me some advice about record values?

cheers :D

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

is there anyone out there who knows about the french (early eighties) boogie/disco scene and can give me some advice about record values?

There is a French shop called Boogie times, web address is https://www.boogie-times.fr/, they are on the expensive side for some stuff but this will give an idea of values, also think the owner is decent guy (not dealt with him personally mind) that will answer some questions

Social source share

Guest cooloff

mark,

what do you need to know? i have a couple of mates in Glasgow who know all about this stuff e.g. prices records Djs etc, by the way its actually a pretty big scene these guys get bookings in Manchester on a regular basis. I went to one of their nights earlier this year in Glasgow and it was packed to the rafters!!! Playing stuff like Curtis-How Can I Tell Her, Silvetti-Spring Rain etc. WELL THAT WAS THE ONLY TWO TOONS I KNEW!!!! but it was pretty good rare disco stuff, plus it was an older crowd who were right up on the music and seemed to know all the big toons, to be honest it was a bit of an eye opener as i thought "how do i not know about all this?!!!"

Well there you go you live and learn i guess

Let me know if i can help

Regards

Mark Linton

cheers :(

Social source share

The links provided above are excellent and I´m sure you know of the Boogie Times CD comps too, including loads of rare tracks that are in-demand on the French boogie/rare groove scene. BTW, there´s a new comp just out!.

You can post about individual tracks here, and also on EMS, where there are a number of people who are into the modern soul and boogie type of black music.

When I was a record dealer back in the day I sold to people from all over the world. All my happy-go-lucky uptempo boogie-soul went to the French guys smile.gif))

Best,

Melismo

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Mark

If you want to PM me with what you need to know, I may be able to help.

Gareth Donovan is good with this sort of thing as well.

Or Girth as he is known.

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

thanks for the replies so far

it's the french marketplace i'm interested in

what i'm after is lists of records for which there is a high demand

price lists/value guides

and any other info about this scene, like who are the top french djs, collectors, dealers, etc

it's the early eighties boogie stuff i'm interested in - most will probably be a bit "synthy", if that makes sense

any info gratefully received, cos this is all new to me

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert