Surely This Is A Joke

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

and it has 1 bidder too....this is a £10 cd at the most... Ebay Item number: 290192811606

Various Artists - " Out On The Floor " CD .....

Currently standing at $ 199 . 99 dollars / £ 101 . 14 GB pounds , and ONE sucker , sorry , bidder .......

The seller must be urinating themselves ......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

In 20 years it might be worth £100, but for now lets just be happy someone values this classic collection at such a high price. I am going to keep up with the festive spirit and offer them lots of other £100 cds or maybe the odd 3 b4 8 vinyl for a Monkey.

Lets face it most of us have all been there, wanting something that bad, but unsure of its value. 3 weeks wages for a unique made to measure suit etc.

The buyer is going to find out big time about negative equity.

Ed

Social source share

In 20 years it might be worth £100, but for now lets just be happy someone values this classic collection at such a high price. I am going to keep up with the festive spirit and offer them lots of other £100 cds or maybe the odd 3 b4 8 vinyl for a Monkey.

Lets face it most of us have all been there, wanting something that bad, but unsure of its value. 3 weeks wages for a unique made to measure suit etc.

The buyer is going to find out big time about negative equity.

Ed

I have just checked how the CD is " going " .....

The auction ends at 17.30 PM GMT this afternoon , and there is still only one bidder .......

Also checked the sellers' other items , and there were the following CDs .......

Curtis Mayfield " The Best Of " - currently standing at £ 40.33 , with one bidder .....

Norman Connors " You Are My Starship " - Currently standing at £ 40.33 , with one bidder .....

Teddy Pendergast " The History Of " - currently standing at " £ 40.33 , with one bidder .....

Various Artists " Stax Deep , Volume 2 " - currently at £ 50.42 , with one bidder ......

The one thing I noticed about the bidder for each CD - including the " mega Rare " Out On The Floor , was that the bidder's ID was

" private " ; I will lay you odds that it they are one and the same .....

He / She must be as soft as a bag of testicles ......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

The auction ends at 17.30 PM GMT this afternoon , and there is still only one bidder .......

Also checked the sellers' other items , and there were the following CDs .......

Curtis Mayfield " The Best Of " - currently standing at £ 40.33 , with one bidder .....

Norman Connors " You Are My Starship " - Currently standing at £ 40.33 , with one bidder .....

Teddy Pendergast " The History Of " - currently standing at " £ 40.33 , with one bidder .....

Various Artists " Stax Deep , Volume 2 " - currently at £ 50.42 , with one bidder ......

The one thing I noticed about the bidder for each CD - including the " mega Rare " Out On The Floor , was that the bidder's ID was

Malc Burton

Just sold a dozen or so Goldmine deletions on the bay - most managed a fiver, the 'Mega Rare' GSCD001 did however peak at $50 so I think the secret is reach for the sky on starting price and hope for just one

well heeled punter! :lol:

Next batch will all start at 199.99 :lol:

M :lol:

Social source share

Just sold a dozen or so Goldmine deletions on the bay - most managed a fiver, the 'Mega Rare' GSCD001 did however peak at $50 so I think the secret is reach for the sky on starting price and hope for just one

well heeled punter! :lol:

Next batch will all start at 199.99 :lol:

M :lol:

Finished at $ 199.99 / £ 101.84 .....

Plus P & P ......

Malc Burton

Social source share

Malc Burton

i noticed that too malc....surely no mug would pay that for a c.d...insane if they do

Social source share

i noticed that too malc....surely no mug would pay that for a c.d...insane if they do

They have .....

I am tempted to e-mail the seller to offer him a promotion copy of the CD I have , with the view to him putting that up for sale , and we will split the profit when he gets another buyer ......

Malc Burton

Social source share

:lol::lol:

I was sat here , when I thought , bugger it - throw caution to the wind ......

I have just e-mailed the seller ( in Japan ) with my proposition , and am awaiting the reply ......

He / she will either go for it or tell me to priss off .......

Watch this space .....

Malc Burton

Social source share

there was one befoer that one Nick, well from Soul Supply anyway. Rare Soul on CD The Vocal Groups vol 1.

post-225-1198780902_thumb.jpgpost-225-1198780756_thumb.jpg

If some daft pillock wants to pay me these daft prices I've got the lot :huh:

The difference between Japan and Plymouth , England .......

Check out e-Bay item # 220185308142 ......

4 - count them - Northern Soul CDs , starting price £ 0.01 , and the seller is apologetic for the high price .....

Malc Burton

Social source share

what is a "cd"?

It is a badge that foreign embassy ministers have on the back of their cars - " Corps Diplomatique " ......

It means they are entitled to park where they wish , as it is the equivelent to a disabled sticker for goverment officials .......

Malc Burton

Social source share

there was one befoer that one Nick, well from Soul Supply anyway. Rare Soul on CD The Vocal Groups vol 1.

post-225-1198780902_thumb.jpgpost-225-1198780756_thumb.jpg

If some daft pillock wants to pay me these daft prices I've got the lot :huh:

I've got another one from Soul Supply, not sure without looking but I think it's Soul Of Detroit, same as the double album they did with the deep green cover. It's all dubbed directly off vinyl.

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

It is a badge that foreign embassy ministers have on the back of their cars - " Corps Diplomatique " ......

It means they are entitled to park where they wish , as it is the equivelent to a disabled sticker for goverment officials .......

Malc Burton

when you say it's for disabled people, do you mean mentally disabled? such as people who only like sixties music? :huh:

Social source share

when you say it's for disabled people, do you mean mentally disabled? such as people who only like sixties music? :huh:

Here we go ......

Seek out a tin hat , and brace yourself , because you are going to get a hell of lot of flak over that comment .......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

This 1 Pete?

Great album that, and the others from that series (remember the free poster which came with some?). Gonna hold onto my full set for a while and see if I can get top dollar for them when the missus wants a big pay off!

Anyone got a value for the whole set of Soul Supply Northern Soul Story double albums???

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

i really don't understand this thing about cds being collectable and having rarity value - especially if the material is, shall we say, "pirated" straight off vinyl

at the end of the day a cd is just a method of storing lots of ones and noughts

and the artwork is usually sh*te, and can be easily reproduced with a home printer anyway

it doesn't make more sense to me than the concept of having a collectable mp3 file - in fact, that makes more sense to me

also, once something is "digitalised", it's inevitable that it will be available on t'internet....and then what's the point of storing it on a crappy cd which only holds about 700 MBs of data?

(the exception to the above being unreleased material or the compilations that friends do which have sentimental value)

Social source share

They have .....

I am tempted to e-mail the seller to offer him a promotion copy of the CD I have , with the view to him putting that up for sale , and we will split the profit when he gets another buyer ......

Malc Burton

I suspect you'll find that buyer is infact the seller, just trying to get a good start price by bidding on his own stuff, making other bidders believe they are bidding for something rare.

Just my thoughts.

Regards

Alan

Social source share

I suspect you'll find that buyer is infact the seller, just trying to get a good start price by bidding on his own stuff, making other bidders believe they are bidding for something rare.

Just my thoughts.

Regards

Alan

totally agree wi ya on that

yes.gif stevie g

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!