Sunnysoul

• Replies 60
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS

OH YES SAM IS THE MAN A TRUE LIGHT FROM THE DARKNESS OF ORDINARY MUSIC LONG MAY HE CONTINUE. MAGIC AND MADE MY CRIMBO WATCHING IT.

fdsoul6345789

Words are simply not enough .....

Malc Burton

Social source share

"........................................................." fill in your own superlative(s)

I now believe in Santa Claus again and his real name is "sunnysoul", nice one "cobber" thumbsup.gif

Cheers Paul

Thanks Paul, like fellow "Aussie" Pete Fowler in Perth (WA, not Scotland !), we here in god's home at the other end of the world (Sydney) really feel for you all in the UK as we are enjoying our Soul X Mas with outdoor BBQ's, ice cold lager, and 30 degree celsius (80+ centigrade) heat on Bondi Beach and the whole Sam Dees catalogue on the I-Pod ! :yes:

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

Thanks Paul, like fellow "Aussie" Pete Fowler in Perth (WA, not Scotland !), we here in god's home at the other end of the world (Sydney) really feel for you all in the UK as we are enjoying our Soul X Mas with outdoor BBQ's, ice cold lager, and 30 degree celsius (80+ centigrade) heat on Bondi Beach and the whole Sam Dees catalogue on the I-Pod ! :yes:

Sounds just like the UK in the summer of this coming year rolleyes.gif .....

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Thanks Paul, like fellow "Aussie" Pete Fowler in Perth (WA, not Scotland !), we here in god's home at the other end of the world (Sydney) really feel for you all in the UK as we are enjoying our Soul X Mas with outdoor BBQ's, ice cold lager, and 30 degree celsius (80+ centigrade) heat on Bondi Beach and the whole Sam Dees catalogue on the I-Pod !
:thumbsup:

Yep just as cold/wet/miserable here in Holland sunnysoul.

Mind you spoke to some relatives on Perth earlier and they reckoned it was 40 degrees !!!! Thats a touch too warm for me.

Cheers Paul

Social source share

Words simply can't describe how magnificent this man and his music is ...

The ultimate gift to every Soul Source member and soul fan wherever they might be ...

Enjoy ...

https://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/searc...a-million_music

What can i say,thank you so much for posting this, just watched this with tears rolling down my face ,so emotional.

It,s been said before but I'm going to say it again. no one and i mean no one" sings a Sam song like Sam"

I remember hearing Sam's version of this Larry Graham million seller on a Bob Jones radio show but to see the man just sat a piano and sing it is a moment i will cherish forever, you don't know what this means to me.

I would just like to ask that some kind person out there, can you please do a copy on DVD for me, so i can send it a dear dear friend of mine Jim Wray, Anyone out there who knows Jim will know how much this would mean for him to see this.

Please pm or email me if anyone can transfer to DVD, i will send you a blank back and pay for p+p etc

Thanks again for posting this

Andy Mann

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

What can i say,thank you so much for posting this, just watched this with tears rolling down my face ,so emotional.

It,s been said before but I'm going to say it again. no one and i mean no one" sings a Sam song like Sam"

I remember hearing Sam's version of this Larry Graham million seller on a Bob Jones radio show but to see the man just sat a piano and sing it is a moment i will cherish forever, you don't know what this means to me.

I would just like to ask that some kind person out there, can you please do a copy on DVD for me, so i can send it a dear dear friend of mine Jim Wray, Anyone out there who knows Jim will know how much this would mean for him to see this.

Please pm or email me if anyone can transfer to DVD, i will send you a blank back and pay for p+p etc

Thanks again for posting this

Andy Mann

Andy

Did you ever get a copy of the night at Essence ?

Social source share

Andy

Did you ever get a copy of the night at Essence ?

Hi Gavin,

No i didn't mate, i was lucky to be there and to have a chat with Sam afterwards and get him to sign a few things, but i must have missed a copy of a video any chance of a copy mate i will sort you out something nice in return :huh:

I think someone also recorded him at Thorne when he was there?

Hope you've had a good Christmas mate and look forward to seeing you soon mate

Cheers

Andy

Social source share

Hey Drew

As I said, I am sure I saw this on a TV show around the time he first visited, I think it was something like the thing Jools Hoollland used to do. Contact Voices, they may have a copy.

I had it on a VHS but that is long gone now I am afraid

Thanks for that will give Rod a call :huh:

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Hi Gavin,

No i didn't mate, i was lucky to be there and to have a chat with Sam afterwards and get him to sign a few things, but i must have missed a copy of a video any chance of a copy mate i will sort you out something nice in return :huh:

I think someone also recorded him at Thorne when he was there?

Hope you've had a good Christmas mate and look forward to seeing you soon mate

Cheers

Andy

No problem, yes all good here thanks. See ya soon buddy biggrin.gif

Social source share

I've said earlier it was done by soul-sourcer Soulfulsaint and was filmed in a studio in Glasgow..

Cheers for that, i was just wondering ( not being very good on computers etc ) how i might copy that clip to DVD, i have never done this before and not sure if my computer is capable etc and if it would be ok to (copyright etc)

Thanks again

Andy :huh:

Social source share

Cheers for that, i was just wondering ( not being very good on computers etc ) how i might copy that clip to DVD, i have never done this before and not sure if my computer is capable etc and if it would be ok to (copyright etc)

Thanks again

Andy :huh:

I can't help you with copying the clip -- don't know how to......... wouldn't mind a copy of it myself

Social source share

Have to echo everyones comments on this.

I recorded it on VHS at the time. I'm sure the programme was called "Halfway to paradise" a late night Scottish based arts programme on Channel 4?

I can't remember for the life of me how I knew Sam was on but my gut tells me it was common knowledge on the Soul grapevine. I suspect the tape is in the loft.

Incidently I was thinking about this show recently, for reasons that escape me, as the only other soul related item on it, as I remember, was a comedy sketch involving John Gordon Sinclair discussing the merits of Marvin Gaye as oppossed to Eddie Kendricks. Now I would'nt mind seeing that again. Made me chuckle at the time. Anyone remember it?

Regards Alan

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert