Boogaloo

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest James Trouble

I've got an unreleased one off acetate (as far as I am aware), alternative version. Bell Studio jobby. It's better by quite some way IMO. It's mostly instrumental with backing singers.

£400 if you want it Warren. Bargain I thinks...

Social source share

I've got an unreleased one off acetate (as far as I am aware), alternative version. Bell Studio jobby. It's better by quite some way IMO. It's mostly instrumental with backing singers.

With all due respect James how can this be better if it's mostly an instrumental and backing singers? the vocal makes the record and the released version on Broadway IMO borders on perfection, I'm sure this acetate is very good James, perhaps the released 45 is not unique but none the less a superb record.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Post deleted.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Edited by Mark Bicknell
Social source share

With all due respect James how can this be better if it's mostly an instrumental and backing singers? the vocal makes the record and the released version on Broadway IMO borders on perfection, I'm sure this acetate is very good James, perhaps the released 45 is not unique but none the less a superb record.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Worth repeating that post Mark!

:rolleyes:

Took the words right out of my mouth!

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

I'll see if i can fish out a sound file. The vocals wash over the punch of the record IMO. I guess it depends what you're into, but as a dancer it's better IMO. Like the Herman Hitson/ Nate Adams "Yes You Did It", the instrumental acetate pisses all over the Herman Hitson IMO. There are quite a few like that...

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

A NYE special play we hope.

I've played it out a few times, I think first at the 100 Club a couple of years ago, but I've never really used it much. It's not really my style to be honest and probably won't be in the box for NYE, not enough of a nasty edge to it for my twisted taste. But you never know...

I'm sure someone with 'nicer' (better laugh.gif ) taste than mine could put it to more use... I'll see if I can fish out that sound file...

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Source Advert