Rare Japanese Soul Lps

greeneggz

Send a PM to reserve. Postage cost will be added depending on your location.

All items are NM. All have their original insert sheets.

The New Sounds - The New Sounds - (P-Vine) £70.00

Japanese replica reissue of the rare Turbo LP. incs 'Sweet Memories', 'Don't Take Your Love From me' etc.

Tommy Tate - Hold On - (Malaco/Vivid Sound) £150.00

Rare LP only ever released in Japan in 1979. Appears to be a collection of unissued Malaco studio demos from the early 70s. Incs. "I Can't Do Enough For You Baby".

Frankie Gearing - Just Frankie - (Beale Street/Vivid Sound) £100.00

Recorded in Memphis in the late 70s but only released in Japan (in 1980). Incs 'Teardrops', 'Going Through The Motions of Love'.

Syl Johnson - Goodie Good Times - (Shama/P-Vine) £70.00

Alternate late 70s versions of Twinight material. Incs 'All I Need is Someone Like You' which Syl's duet with a female vocalist over the Nate Evans 'Main squeeze' backing track. Originally only ever issue on this Japanese LP in 1979.

Chocolate Lips - Chocolate Lips - (Carnival) £80.00

Japanese only Boogie LP from 1984. Recorded in Japan, lead singer is Japanese but some of the band look like they're from the US. Has sold for much higher than this in the past. Promo copy.

I have plenty more Japanese issued LPs, so if there's anything you're after then drop me a wants list.

Edited by greeneggz
Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Send a PM to reserve. Postage cost will be added depending on your location.

All items are NM. All have their original insert sheets.

The New Sounds - The New Sounds - (P-Vine) £70.00

Japanese replica reissue of the rare Turbo LP. incs 'Sweet Memories', 'Don't Take Your Love From me' etc.

Tommy Tate - Hold On - (Malaco/Vivid Sound) £150.00

Rare LP only ever released in Japan in 1979. Appears to be a collection of unissued Malaco studio demos from the early 70s. Incs. "I Can't Do Enough For You Baby".

Frankie Gearing - Just Frankie - (Beale Street/Vivid Sound) £100.00

Recorded in Memphis in the late 70s but only released in Japan (in 1980). Incs 'Teardrops', 'Going Through The Motions of Love'.

Syl Johnson - Goodie Good Times - (Shama/P-Vine) £70.00

Alternate late 70s versions of Twinight material. Incs 'All I Need is Someone Like You' which Syl's duet with a female vocalist over the Nate Evans 'Main squeeze' backing track. Originally only ever issue on this Japanese LP in 1979.

Chocolate Lips - Chocolate Lips - (Carnival) £80.00

Japanese only Boogie LP from 1984. Recorded in Japan, lead singer is Japanese but some of the band look like they're from the US. Has sold for much higher than this in the past. Promo copy.

I have plenty more Japanese issued LPs, so if there's anything you're after then drop me a wants list.

:sleep3: pmd.u

Social source share

Some very nice lps and nice to see someone else who has collected them, i thought i might be the only one, only joking :thumbup: but these are very hard albums to get and usually stay in collections forever, and like yours are in top condition.

The thing with p vine and vivid sound etc is they are only done in small amounts about 500 i think and are sold to members of p vine or used to be all around the world and once they sold they would never repress or hold back stock etc.

Good luck in selling them, i thought the Tommy Tate would sell quick as it a classic, still can't believe i managed to get one a few years back now i think, i thought i would never own it.

The Syl Johnson is a great lp worth it for the track you mentioned " all i need is someone" which got a later release on grapevine, i think it is his wife of the time singing this with him? i'm sure boba can confirm if he is reading this

good luck with the sales

Andy Mann

Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert