Guest hingeofsoul

• Replies 38
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Spoke with Neil yesterday (Sunday) & he's on the mend & should be at Bury Friday. It was nothing life threatening but apparently it was "Bloody painfull & a little scary" but he'll fill you all in with details when he sees you all.

Take care, be safe & stay well,

Spot. :yes:

Edited by spot
Social source share

Spoke with Neil yesterday (Sunday) & he's on the mend & should be at Bury Friday. It was nothing life threatening but apparently it was "Bloody painfully & a little scary" but he'll fill you all in with details when he sees you all.

Take care, be safe & stay well,

Spot. :yes: [/

size]

Blimey - not another todger and mangle story? ohmy.gif

Pleased his ok.

Social source share

hope it's nothing serious, anybody know more ? top lad, hope you're well soon mate.

pete.

yeh as mentioned on the Bury thread in the events sections. He's just a big tart!..

Some people will do anything for attention!. :lol:

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Suppose anytime`s a bad time to be in hospital but this time of year must be especially hard for all concerned, get well soon neil our thoughts are with you

hope hes got Dolly a pressie or he will be in trouble :)

LOL - I suggested some people will do anything to get out of Christmas shopping. Poor Dolly's had to sort a 7ft tree on her own!.. :thumbup:

Might be a great opportunity for her to go through his play box. If he can't get to buy her a pressie maybe he should give her anything she wants out of the play box ..I'll suggest that later to her - :lol:

Jayne.x.

Edited by Miss BurySoul
Social source share

I hope you get better soon me old mate...if you need owt give us a call this goes for Dolly as well,Dolly keep your chin up mate,

For a speedy recovery,best wishes to you both

toby & Mandy..

Social source share

Guest stash313

Heard he,s had his wallet removed and his currently in shock g.gif

Just Jokin mate hope ur soon on the mend and here,s Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas !

BEST WISHES Ian C

There's nothing in it anyway Ian!

He better be fit for friday night, otherwise you're all stuck with me as conductor of the festivities!

Social source share

So it was piles :wicked:

Sadly its not that funny..

I wish! (no offence Jonesy) but taking the piss would be so much better if it was.. :huh:

Jayne.x.

Edited by Miss BurySoul
Social source share

Thank you all for wishing Neil a speedy recovery.

Your wishes worked a treat as Neils now home from hospital and on the mend.

Although we were given strict instructions that he has to take it easy for a while.

I've make it quite clear to him NO hogging the dance floor at the 100club tomorrow night..

And told him not to carry any more than 2 DJ boxes to Bury on Friday. :lol::ohmy:

Neil I love you to bits I'm so happy you're on your feet again. :D:lol::lol:

Edited by dollynormal1
Social source share

Although we were given strict instructions that he has to take it easy for a while.

I've make it quite clear to him NO hogging the dance floor at the 100club tomorrow night..

And told him not to carry any more than 2 DJ boxes to Bury on Friday. :lol::ohmy:

Neil I love you to bits I'm so happy you're on your feet again. :D:lol::lol:

LOL :huh: ...

Jayne.x.

Social source share

And told him not to carry any more than 2 DJ boxes to Bury on Friday. :yes::D

Neil I love you to bits I'm so happy you're on your feet again. :lol::lol::ohmy:

Jesus Dolly you could have warned us before posting such a pic :D thought it was christmas not halloween :lol:

Hope your well again soon Neil mate :huh:

See you at Middleton

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

Looks like yer swinging the lead there Neil :D . Hope to catch up early in the New Year - might have a trip coming up. Anyhow, speedy recovery & Merry Xmas to you & Dolly.

Cheers............Pete

PS Dolly - not heard from your mate re Victors sale, I'm open to offers

Social source share

I had a long chat with Neil yesterday on the phone and I'm glad to say he seems in good form, just to add Neil that relax, kick off your shoes mate and enjoy Christmas with Dolly and Carla mate, you are a top bloke and the scene needs you match fit as soon as possible.......Oh Dolly you will have to give the poor sod a bed bath Christmas morning if he's a good boy that is?.....lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

post-1475-1198077832_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Do you know what would perk the old boy up the most??? :thumbsup:

A FULL HOUSE FOR BURY TOWN HALL, CHRISTMAS EXTRAVAGANZA & PANTO!!!!! :lol:

Oh no it wouldn't?? Oh yes it would, Oh, NO it wouldn't, Oh yes it bloody well would. :shhh:

Take care, be care but mostly,"He's behind you", :thumbsup:

Spot. shades.gif

p.s. Keep smiling fella. :lol:

Social source share

What can I say?

I'm overwhelmed by the warming messages that have been left for me on here - thank you all so very much!! And thanks also to Jane Lewis down there in Sussex for starting thread off.

Anybody not interested, stop reading now, but for the many who have been in touch to enquire after me, here's a quick summary of what's what.

From being generally run-down for a few months, a dose of the flu in late October turned into a bit of a marathon effort and would not shift. In between times, I continued travelling around Europe with my job - Poland, Spain, Germany etc etc until, 2 weeks ago, the old carcass threw its hand in and I ended up taking a week off and a course of anti-biotics.

The infection had, by now, moved deep into all of my joints and I went back to work last week still feeling like I'd been run over. Twice.

Last Wednesday, one of my ankles (which had been quite properly mangled in a motorbike crash 20-odd years ago, so is a bit weak) was so swollen and red I could barely walk and I went back to the doctor who immediately took a bundle of blood tests. By this time I also had an odd looking rash across my chest, back and neck.

He called me at home the next day and told me to go straight to A&E and ask to see an orthopoedic doctor asap and show him the results.

Within 2 hours I was on a ward, pumped full of codeine and hooked up to several different IV drips putting anti-biotics into me.

Because I spend a fair bit of time travelling on planes, breathing recycled air etc, as well as eating out overseas quite often, the possibilities were quite numerous and over the weekend the obvious concerns were eliminated (?) such as Hepatitis A, Tuberculosis and Viral Meningitis.

They've taken around 15 or so more blood samples and cultures from me, taken X-Rays etc and finally chosen to send me home with more drugs than you can shake a straw at!! Hopefully, I will find out what has been the culprit when I go back in two weeks.

In the meantime, I hope to completely kill off any remaining infection by means of a steady intake of finest single malt over the Xmas holiday.

Now it's all hands to the pumps for the Bury Mini Niter this Friday and I'm looking forward to seeing all those who have been in touch and have said they'll be there Friday night.

Anyway, thank you all very much, again, for your kind words and offers of support to both me and to Dolly. If I'm honest, I actually feel quite choked by everyones kindness and will always remember the generosity of you all.

Neil Jones

Edited by burysoul
Social source share

Guest stash313

What can I say?

I'm overwhelmed by the warming messages that have been left for me on here - thank you all so very much!! And thanks also to Jane Lewis down there in Sussex for starting thread off.

Anybody not interested, stop reading now, but for the many who have been in touch to enquire after me, here's a quick summary of what's what.

From being generally run-down for a few months, a dose of the flu in late October turned into a bit of a marathon effort and would not shift. In between times, I continued travelling around Europe with my job - Poland, Spain, Germany etc etc until, 2 weeks ago, the old carcass threw its hand in and I ended up taking a week off and a course of anti-biotics.

The infection had, by now, moved deep into all of my joints and I went back to work last week still feeling like I'd been run over. Twice.

Last Wednesday, one of my ankles (which had been quite properly mangled in a motorbike crash 20-odd years ago, so is a bit weak) was so swollen and red I could barely walk and I went back to the doctor who immediately took a bundle of blood tests. By this time I also had an odd looking rash across my chest, back and neck.

He called me at home the next day and told me to go straight to A&E and ask to see an orthopoedic doctor asap and show him the results.

Within 2 hours I was on a ward, pumped full of codeine and hooked up to several different IV drips putting anti-biotics into me.

Because I spend a fair bit of time travelling on planes, breathing recycled air etc, as well as eating out overseas quite often, the possibilities were quite numerous and over the weekend the obvious concerns were eliminated (?) such as Hepatitis A, Tuberculosis and Viral Meningitis.

They've taken around 15 or so more blood samples and cultures from me, taken X-Rays etc and finally chosen to send me home with more drugs than you can shake a straw at!! Hopefully, I will find out what has been the culprit when I go back in two weeks.

In the meantime, I hope to completely kill off any remaining infection by means of a steady intake of finest single malt over the Xmas holiday.

Now it's all hands to the pumps for the Bury Mini Niter this Friday and I'm looking forward to seeing all those who have been in touch and have said they'll be there Friday night.

Anyway, thank you all very much, again, for your kind words and offers of support to both me and to Dolly. If I'm honest, I actually feel quite choked by everyones kindness and will always remember the generosity of you all.

Neil Jones

:thumbsup: ... so it wasn't dramatic manflu then?.. tongue.gif

C U friday mate :thumbsup:

what time am I on?..

Good to have you up and about,

Cheers

Sean.

Social source share

[n the meantime, I hope to completely kill off any remaining infection by means of a steady intake of finest single malt over the Xmas holiday.

Neil Jones

Social source share

Guest hingeofsoul

Real chuffed you're on the "outside" again. Shame I can't make tonight but look forward to seeing you, Dolly n Carla real soon. wave.gif

If the malt don't work try a cheeky vimto (WKD Blue & Port) - half n half will be a "kill or cure"! :lol:

Glad to be of assistance from the "southern side" n many thanks to all for their replies thumbup.gif

lol

Jane x

What can I say?

Neil Jones

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert