veggie

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

two great sides and shouldn't cost more than a tenner or so.

One on ebay buy it now HERE $12 :lol:

thanks for that chalky,heard it for what could have been first time at skeggy weekender,got me staight up on the floor.thanks again,should get it to play at letchworth .get you a pint at luton if you make it. paul

Social source share

Took me right back to Clifton Hall Sean. :thumbsup:

It's actually me old Mum's all time favourite record, Peter.

I did loads of tapes for her during that time (she's still got em - and even at 85 can still Boogie with the best of 'em) but Pickett has always been her favourite (alongside Syl Johnson "Any Way The Wind Blows" of course).

It's a record that's got it all. Fabulous Lyrics, Superb Production and Absolutely Stunning vocals... puts most of the £1,000 'big tunes' of the day to absolute shame.

Pat Brady was responsible for breaking some of the most 'left field' tunes during that period and was never afraid to go out on a limb. Remember his 'Alexander McKinley' cover up? (Jimmy Bo Horne). Who else would have played that at the time?

Much respect!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

I did loads of tapes for her during that time (she's still got em - and even at 85 can still Boogie with the best of 'em) but Pickett has always been her favourite (alongside Syl Johnson "Any Way The Wind Blows" of course).

It's a record that's got it all. Fabulous Lyrics, Superb Production and Absolutely Stunning vocals... puts most of the £1,000 'big tunes' of the day to absolute shame.

Pat Brady was responsible for breaking some of the most 'left field' tunes during that period and was never afraid to go out on a limb. Remember his 'Alexander McKinley' cover up? (Jimmy Bo Horne). Who else would have played that at the time?

Much respect!

:thumbsup:

Sean

For your mum.post-1986-1197827513_thumb.jpg

Edited by ken
Social source share

Much respect!

Sean

Your mum certainly knows her soul music Sean - bless her. My deal mum liked a bit of left field too - Ike Noble's "Your Love" by way of example. A super piece of quality soul music.

Yep - Mr Brady competed with the best in his day! Ah yes Jimmy Bo Horne. Great times - the 80's for me was such a rich time for new soul music - whether from the 60's, 70's or 80's.

Best.

Peter

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Your mum certainly knows her soul music Sean - bless her. My deal mum liked a bit of left field too - Ike Noble's "Your Love" by way of example. A super piece of quality soul music.

Yep - Mr Brady competed with the best in his day! Ah yes Jimmy Bo Horne. Great times - the 80's for me was such a rich time for new soul music - whether from the 60's, 70's or 80's.

Best.

Peter

She certainly knows her stuff Pete... but she always rated Brady more than she did me! :thumbup:

laugh.gif

Social source share

Great double sider Sean :thumbsup:

post-5094-1197837106_thumb.jpg

You might as well send her the other side too wink.gif

Okie dokie!!post-1986-1197838668_thumb.jpg

How come we have different A sides? :(

Edited by ken
Social source share

Dunno really Ken ( - I did notice the stars) , but if you check out the number below the date - 2732 for "We did it" and 2733 for the other side.

Generally speaking the lower number is the A side, which suggests mine is the first promo and maybe yours was done later to promote the flip side - to a different audience? g.gif

But of course this is only a guess and could be complete nonsense!

I've a few 45s which have been demoed using both sides as 'same both siders' on different 45s.

Off the top of my head, there's the Impressions "Wherever she leads me" as a same both sides demo when it was the B side on Curtom issues.

Also Universal Mind's "For You girl" as same both sides, when the Red Coach issues have "Something fishy..." as the A side.

post-5094-1197846447_thumb.jpgpost-5094-1197846469_thumb.jpg

...But really this ought to be a different thread on it's own and not hogging the Wilson Pickett one! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Great double sider Sean :thumbsup:

post-5094-1197837106_thumb.jpg

You might as well send her the other side too :(

Mum's always loved "We Did It" too, John.

So have I. Bought it as a new release after hearing Dave Grounds play it (every weekend at the Charade) and I always hammered it at The Windmill, late 70's / early 80's alongside BoBo Mr Soul.... always sounded GREAT together... and even gave 'em both spins at Clifton Hall!

Cracking choon that's now seen as an 'essential' 30+ years later and is (IMO) one of the few 'genuine' 10/10 Double siders.

Think I've about 10 copies... on all formats!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

Source Advert