An All-nighter

Barry

May I ask the board and all its entrants?

What would you want of it?

Would you want all Oldies, All Newies, All Modern, All Kebs playlist from Stafford, All the Left Fielders from the Clifton Hall, Morecambe, Oddfellows etc etc?

Or would you want a Unified, stone cold, built from the heart All Nighter that follows the unique traditions that this scene's hopes and asprirations were built upon?

No bitching, no 'Aw fuckin' Hell, he played Alfie Davidson' after...whatever!

I'll tell you now, as once again, I'm pissed but I am looking to open a Nighter up North, before next summer.

If it burns and crashes, I'll live with that, but it is not how many come through the door....just who... comes through That door.

Yours, keeping the landing light on, and whole heartedley committed to not letting the NS scene become the area, open only to people that want spend £40 on X over records that you couldn't get Ten Bob for before they realised that their hips couldn't stand anymore.

Love,

Baz. X

Edited by Barry
Social source share

• Replies 56
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Would you want all Oldies, All Newies, All Modern, All Kebs playlist from Stafford, All the Left Fielders from the Clifton Hall, Morecambe, Oddfellows etc etc?

Or would you want a Unified, stone cold, built from the heart All Nighter that follows the unique traditions that this scene's hopes and asprirations were built upon?

I'll tell you now, as once again, I'm pissed but I am looking to open a Nighter up North, before next summer.

If it burns and crashes, I'll live with that, but it is not how many come through the door....just who... comes through That door.

Yours, keeping the landing light on, and whole heartedley committed to not letting the NS scene become the area, open only to people that want spend £40 on X over records that you couldn't get Ten Bob for before they realised that their hips couldn't stand anymore.

Love,

Baz. X

Hey Barry

I do like your drunken ramblings! :thumbup:

My answer would be a nighter that plays a truly cross section of music - from underplayed quality 60r's through to refreshing, quality new releases. As long as it's good quality soul music. All in one room so that everyone could unite behind the music. Perhaps I'm living in a soul utopia!

Best

Peter

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

You're pi**ed at 7.30 in the morning? :thumbup:

Personally i always prefer a mixture of oldies and newies, 60s and 70s (even some 80s). One thing i wish were played out more though are underplayed (i prefer rarely played) oldies. There are thousands of records rarely heard these days that could fill the place of all the outplayed rarities that we hear time after time. I'm not interested in hearing Joseph Webster or Joe Jama again, i'd rather hear a quality cheapie i haven't heard played out since 1985.

Social source share

You're pi**ed at 7.30 in the morning? :thumbup:

Personally i always prefer a mixture of oldies and newies, 60s and 70s (even some 80s). One thing i wish were played out more though are underplayed (i prefer rarely played) oldies. There are thousands of records rarely heard these days that could fill the place of all the outplayed rarities that we hear time after time. I'm not interested in hearing Joseph Webster or Joe Jama again, i'd rather hear a quality cheapie i haven't heard played out since 1985.

Sounds about right to me!... :D

There are a million and two 'local' venue's playing the same old 500 records so something to give the many underplayed tracks a chance would be a welcome addition, be they 60's,70's,80's or whatever..

Also most Niter go'ers tend to be a little more serious about their music so would perhaps demand a more varied playlist, Ok it's always going to be one of those 'all the people, all the time' type situations but an average niter should be able to cater for all given they have more time to play with..

Social source share

But all the top DJ's play Jo Jama , Joseph Webster , Mixed Feelings etc :thumbup:

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

An all-nighter where the DJ's have the freedom to play some of the 100's of quality northern soul from across the board, not the across the board the majority of promoters claim to be. There's loads of records out there without the need for repeating a track 2 or 3 times a night or sticking to the same old same tired playlists that nighter are generally suffering from. Loads of records oldies and newies that should be getting played but don't because most of the (wannabe) DJ's are playing the same stuff!!! :lol: Lets see some imagination used for once at all-nighters in 2008!!!

Also want a return to midnight starts and a warm up at a local venue first. Too many nighters decvoid of atmosphere with no one dancing for the first three hours until everyone has said their hellos and taken whatever dutch courage they need to get them on the dance floor.

Social source share

An all-nighter where the DJ's have the freedom to play some of the 100's of quality northern soul from across the board, not the across the board the majority of promoters claim to be. There's loads of records out there without the need for repeating a track 2 or 3 times a night or sticking to the same old same tired playlists that nighter are generally suffering from. Loads of records oldies and newies that should be getting played but don't because most of the (wannabe) DJ's are playing the same stuff!!! :lol: Lets see some imagination used for once at all-nighters in 2008!!!

Also want a return to midnight starts and a warm up at a local venue first. Too many nighters decvoid of atmosphere with no one dancing for the first three hours until everyone has said their hellos and taken whatever dutch courage they need to get them on the dance floor.

we can only live in hope Chalky and why dont someone do something like this down the South east of England please instead of up north all the bloody time, 100 Club and thats it :lol:

Its getting the mix right thats all important for me with a bit of everything for everyone but focused on quality first and formost

Social source share

we can only live in hope Chalky and why dont someone do something like this down the South east of England please instead of up north all the bloody time, 100 Club and thats it :lol: Its getting the mix right thats all important for me with a bit of everything for everyone but focus

ed on quality first and formost

Cos us northerners are too scared to go south! :lol:

I agree about the mix Bearsy

Social source share

we can only live in hope Chalky and why dont someone do something like this down the South east of England please instead of up north all the bloody time, 100 Club and thats it :lol:

Its getting the mix right thats all important for me with a bit of everything for everyone but focused on quality first and formost

there's not that many up t'north Bearsy mate :lol:

Social source share

not a bad idea mate :lol:

you know it makes sense :lol: and then all these that talk a good going out every weekend and wanting something different from the norm would have to turn out and with me as you mouth of the south how could it fail :lol:

Social source share

Love,

Baz. X

soory Baz drifted off a bit there, anyway as the promoter what music policy would you like to put foraward and what Djs would you have in mind to compliment that, size of venue and crowd expecting are all things that would then give the paying punter choice to attend or not also starting times and finishing and location, ive been thinking about doing it here in deepest Kent where naff all happens apart from a good local soul night of the oldies genre. im hope you dont mind me asking :lol:

Bearsy

Social source share

Dont forget the souths Soul Revolution Bearsy , with your mate James Rubble :lol:

But its NY eve and i aint allowed out but a few more in the year would be nice :lol:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

But all the top DJ's play Jo Jama , Joseph Webster , Mixed Feelings etc :lol:

Exactly my point Simon. The problem is the 'rare' stuff isn't rarely played. As you say, they've all got it. Even if there are only ten copies of something chances are you'll hear every weekend, whereas something with hundreds of copies but not mega-rare never gets heard.

Social source share

Exactly my point Simon. The problem is the 'rare' stuff isn't rarely played. As you say, they've all got it. Even if there are only ten copies of something chances are you'll hear every weekend, whereas something with hundreds of copies but not mega-rare never gets heard.

so who is going to tell all the top DJs with all the top tunes that they are all sheep and play the same rare stuff and we are all tired of hearing the same old rare stuff that is too expensive for us mere mortals to buy and we want to hear cheap underplayed tunes FOR A CHANGE, SO DIG DEAP IN YOUR COLLECTIONS and wow us with your expertise and not your wallets anymore, come on put your egos to one side and play from your heart and not your wallET

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

we want to hear cheap underplayed tunes FOR A CHANGE, SO DIG DEAP IN YOUR COLLECTIONS and wow us with your expertise and not your wallets anymore, come on put your egos to one side and play from your heart and not your wallET

Well said Bearsy. Of course i suppose we're only jealous cos we haven't got the rare stuff. If i had a 5k record i'd probably feel obliged to play it out every time as well... or would I? :D

Social source share

Guest andyrattigan

so who is going to tell all the top DJs with all the top tunes that they are all sheep and play the same rare stuff and we are all tired of hearing the same old rare stuff that is too expensive for us mere mortals to buy and we want to hear cheap underplayed tunes FOR A CHANGE, SO DIG DEAP IN YOUR COLLECTIONS and wow us with your expertise and not your wallets anymore, come on put your egos to one side and play from your heart and not your wallET

Right on Bearsy! So many quality cheap records that never get spun. My ideal allnighter would be underplayed 6ts oldies and classics, quality newies and rare stuff and plenty of 7ts and a bit of midetempo crossover with a touch of quality 8ts through to new stuff. Even a bit of funk as well. Basically a Northern and Modern room all in the same room. That would make me a happy man.

Watch this space. Am after a venue Brighton way to do a night of such styles. A Soul night as oppossed to simply a Northern night.

Social source share

Guest andyrattigan

Quite a few of us on this thread seem to appreciate an allnighter that would play all styles of soul in the one room. Any allnighters that currently have this approach?

Social source share

Love,

Baz. X

Why another new niter m'dear?.. there's too bloody many already! we've already got everything there could possibly be catered for: rare niters exist, oldies niters exist and everthing in between, we surely can't need another do we?..

an equally pissed Jayne.x.

Social source share

I'll not quote specifically on the responses given, thank you for them btw, I'll just give my feelings on the matter.

I do know that there are a very large number of Niters at present, I also know that to have a degree of balance DJ wise will be a struggle - given the amount of WWW opinions that sway peoples weekend movements these days.

All I'm saying is that I have found your responses to my question enlightening, again thank you, all taken on board, and I will do my best to enjoy the night that me and Richard (Francis) are looking to do, wherever, up here.

If you choose to be a part of it by turning up is kind of secondary to our aims - we are dyed in the wool Soul Boys that are only doing it for the plain fact that we are long in the tooth enough to deal with 'failure'.

Again, if you need a packed to the rafters venue to say that a night was worthy of your egotistical message board 'we were there' posts - then we don't need your footspace.

I don't mean to alienate any f*cker, I just like saying it as how I see it.

Anyaway, we've no venue yet, so my trappings are plainly without substance - but please, watch this space.

Yours Lovingly - and at all times with Soul in my mind.

Barry

(ps - apologies, my work generally means that I turn up pissed on here at this time - I'm harmless ...but focused to f*ck)

Social source share

Quite a few of us on this thread seem to appreciate an allnighter that would play all styles of soul in the one room. Any allnighters that currently have this approach?

Don't be fooled by what people say on forums about wanting to hear something different at an all-nighter. Seen it time and time again on here about how fed up they are and when someone does put on such an event they never turn up, too comfy in their armchairs :D

Social source share

Well said Bearsy. Of course i suppose we're only jealous cos we haven't got the rare stuff. If i had a 5k record i'd probably feel obliged to play it out every time as well... or would I? :lol:

In total agreement here guys, me n my missus hold a night up here were we live totally dedicated to this sort of thing, we don`t charge an admission fee, obviously theres not as much intrest as the local oldies/across the board music policy nights so we don`t hold these as regular,we did a lot of research before starting these nites & the intrest is there and its begining to pick up after a slow start, IMHO theres so much music lost and good music too :(

Social source share

Hey Barry

I do like your drunken ramblings! :lol:

My answer would be a nighter that plays a truly cross section of music - from underplayed quality 60r's through to refreshing, quality new releases. As long as it's good quality soul music. All in one room so that everyone could unite behind the music. Perhaps I'm living in a soul utopia!

Best

Peter

A highly commendable and creditable statement ......

As a long - standing soul music fan , besides going to venues " dedicated " nights ( modern , oldies etc. ) , I have always liked to visit venues where I know that the music policy will vary ; I like to hear things I know , and I like to hear things I have not heard before . As a result of this , I know my time at that venue will be enjoyable ......

The " ideal " venue - whatever the music played - be it oldies ( underplayed and overplayed ) , newies , crossover , crossunder , 60s , 70s , R & B , philly , Motown , two step , three step , rarities , beat ballads , modern . Y2K , or whatever - should offer a variety and more so , give the people a choice .....

In the beginnings of the scene , the musical policy was extensively varied , and devoid of politics or snobbery : people went to hear , and enjoy whatever the playlist for that night was ; this meant the music was accepted without predudice ......

It is time that the adage of " If a record is good , it is good enough to be played " should be given more thought to ......

The are so many records , and not enough time for us to experience them : let us enjoy the music - whatever the style - while we can .....

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

The " ideal " venue - whatever the music played - be it oldies ( underplayed and overplayed ) , newies , crossover , crossunder , 60s , 70s , R & B , philly , Motown , two step , three step , rarities , beat ballads , modern . Y2K , or whatever - should offer - and give the people who attend , a variety and more so , give them a choice .....

In the beginnings of the scene , the musical policy was extensively varied , and devoid of politics or snobbery : people went to hear , and enjoy what was played , but above all , accepted it without predudice ......

It is time that the adage of " If a record is good , it is good enough to be played " should be given more thought to ......

The are so many records , and not enough time for us to experience them : let us enjoy the music - whatever the style - while we can .....

Malc Burton

Your ideal type of venue will by and large never exist Malc cause soulies are for the most part selfish and want to hear only what they want to hear and many are very intolerable to other genres/sounds/records they are not familiar, with or have no wish to hear or what someone else might want to hear :lol:

Rather than accepting other records, having a break from dancing to records that they don't like that someone else is dancing too, go to the lav bar have a chat whatever they would sooner moan that the music was shite!

Social source share

Your ideal type of venue will by and large never exist Malc cause soulies are for the most part selfish and want to hear only what they want to hear and many are very intolerable to other genres/sounds/records they are not familiar, with or have no wish to hear or what someone else might want to hear :lol:

Rather than accepting other records, having a break from dancing to records that they don't like that someone else is dancing too, go to the lav bar have a chat whatever they would sooner moan that the music was shite!

As always with your observations and respective statements , Young Chalky , what you state is unfortunately very true ......

To give a comparison . you could open the best restaurant in the world , have an unlimited menu serving the best food known to man , and charge the people nothing for them eating it , there would some who would find countless reasons to moan .....

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Love,

Baz. X

Hi mate,

Always best not to write on soul-source 'P*ssed' or 'After a nighter'!!! - Many have regretted it :lol:

Still I think you did fine! - Anyway, it seems like you want to try and please everyone at this nighter. It ain't gonna happen mate. Best to pick what 'section' of soul you like and just please people that are of the same taste.

All the best,

Len.

ps - Another alnighter? - Not sure if that's what the scene needs right now....Another weekender? - Now your talking! lol :(

Social source share

Andy get yourself to Lifeline mate, I did a couple of months ago for the first time and the music spot on all 10 hours of it and something for absolutely everyone, top DJs playing the rare to the well known but not overplayed from 60s through to today but all of the highest quality,

What we all got to remember when going out and that is you aint going to like every tune and a Joe Jama being played to one person might be a bit tiresome now but to another its what they pay there money for to hear so i reccomend go out with an open mind and let yourself be entertained and if it aint your cup of tea dont go back there but give it a go cos if you dont try somewhere you wont know if you like it or not, well thats method anyway :lol:

Bearsy

ps, no i aint Chalkys love child either but i cant reccomend Lifeline highly enough :(

Social source share

soory Baz drifted off a bit there, anyway as the promoter what music policy would you like to put foraward and what Djs would you have in mind to compliment that, size of venue and crowd expecting are all things that would then give the paying punter choice to attend or not also starting times and finishing and location, ive been thinking about doing it here in deepest Kent where naff all happens apart from a good local soul night of the oldies genre. im hope you dont mind me asking :thumbsup:

Bearsy

? not strictly true Mr Bear. Local yes - oldies no. SSI was probably the best part of six decades of soul music of various genres. wink.gif Mark

Social source share

A highly commendable and creditable statement ......

As a long - standing soul music fan , besides going to venues " dedicated " nights ( modern , oldies etc. ) , I have always liked to visit venues where I know that the music policy will vary ; I like to hear things I know , and I like to hear things I have not heard before . As a result of this , I know my time at that venue will be enjoyable ......

The " ideal " venue - whatever the music played - be it oldies ( underplayed and overplayed ) , newies , crossover , crossunder , 60s , 70s , R & B , philly , Motown , two step , three step , rarities , beat ballads , modern . Y2K , or whatever - should offer a variety and more so , give the people a choice .....

In the beginnings of the scene , the musical policy was extensively varied , and devoid of politics or snobbery : people went to hear , and enjoy whatever the playlist for that night was ; this meant the music was accepted without predudice ......

Malc Burton

Despite the posts to the contrary Malc I won't be swayed - I stick by my guns! It would appear initially that you and I might be out on a bit of a limb here! I respect everyone else's views especially the promoters who have posted who know far more than me about this sort of stuff - like Chalky at Lifeline. I've heard nothing but positives about his venue - well done Chalks. I will get up to your venue in 2008.

However, like you Malc I've been round the block quite a few times and I know what I would like to see in a venue. I went to a couple of Dave Thorley's Soul Shaker do's at Solihull last year - I found the music mix unbelievably refreshing. It wasn't a nigher and it needed more support - but for me the mix was right. I think the lack of support was down to other venues clashing - not the music policy. I know Dave had a lot on last year - marriage and stuff, but I hope 2008 sees him revive his do's. Maybe he can be persuaded to do a nighter!

Just a few thoughts and personal preferences.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

? not strictly true Mr Bear. Local yes - oldies no. SSI was probably the best part of six decades of soul music of various genres. :thumbup: Mark

your 45 miles away Mark and i wouldnt say thats local :thumbsup: anyway your nearer to France than you are me monsieur laugh.gif

I was on about KSC as you well know :thumbup:

Social source share

I'll not quote specifically on the responses given, thank you for them btw, I'll just give my feelings on the matter.

I do know that there are a very large number of Niters at present, I also know that to have a degree of balance DJ wise will be a struggle - given the amount of WWW opinions that sway peoples weekend movements these days.

All I'm saying is that I have found your responses to my question enlightening, again thank you, all taken on board, and I will do my best to enjoy the night that me and Richard (Francis) are looking to do, wherever, up here.

If you choose to be a part of it by turning up is kind of secondary to our aims - we are dyed in the wool Soul Boys that are only doing it for the plain fact that we are long in the tooth enough to deal with 'failure'.

Again, if you need a packed to the rafters venue to say that a night was worthy of your egotistical message board 'we were there' posts - then we don't need your footspace.

I don't mean to alienate any f*cker, I just like saying it as how I see it.

Anyaway, we've no venue yet, so my trappings are plainly without substance - but please, watch this space.

Yours Lovingly - and at all times with Soul in my mind.

Barry

(ps - apologies, my work generally means that I turn up pissed on here at this time - I'm harmless ...but focused to f*ck)

Baz

How about Parr Hall since you're a Warrington lad?

Social source share

Guest andyrattigan

Andy get yourself to Lifeline mate, I did a couple of months ago for the first time and the music spot on all 10 hours of it and something for absolutely everyone, top DJs playing the rare to the well known but not overplayed from 60s through to today but all of the highest quality,

What we all got to remember when going out and that is you aint going to like every tune and a Joe Jama being played to one person might be a bit tiresome now but to another its what they pay there money for to hear so i reccomend go out with an open mind and let yourself be entertained and if it aint your cup of tea dont go back there but give it a go cos if you dont try somewhere you wont know if you like it or not, well thats method anyway :thumbsup:

Bearsy

ps, no i aint Chalkys love child either but i cant reccomend Lifeline highly enough biggrin.gif

I will definitely check it out in 2008. Where is Lifeline held?

Social source share

I will definitely check it out in 2008. Where is Lifeline held?

the other end of the world near Nottingham and not to far from Doncaster either, fantastic venue with quality rooms in very posh surroundings considering its up north :thumbsup:

no doubt the Lifleine boys will tell you more in detail biggrin.gif

Social source share

whatever the music played - be it oldies ( underplayed and overplayed ) , newies , crossover , crossunder , 60s , 70s , R & B , philly , Motown , two step , three step , rarities , beat ballads , modern . Y2K , or whatever - should offer a variety and more so , give the people a choice .....

Malc Burton

Now call me an old Dinosaur here (most do) but there was a time when I used to go out and listen to 'Soul' Music and maybe partake of the odd cup of Coffee at the same time....(amongst other things)

Nowadays of course 'Soul' is far to simple a term for the music and everything has to be broken down and have a 'label' attached to every part of it by people who are clearly 'Wiser' than me, so now I have the choice of... oldies ( underplayed and overplayed ) , newies , crossover , crossunder , 60s , 70s , R & B , philly , Motown , two step , three step , rarities , beat ballads , modern . Y2K..... plus a lot more besides!..

There was also a time when I could go to a Cafe and ask for a Cofee and the only question I was asked was "How many Sugars?"............ now of course when I ask for a Cofee I get asked would that be....White, Black, Decaf, Latte, Espresso, Mocha, Breve, Americano along with several follow on questions regarding the type of Bean I would like....

So no chance then of me just enjoying a 'soul' nite and a cup of 'Cofee' anymore then??

And choice is a good thing...... so people tell me!!. :thumbsup:

Edited by Teapot
Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

but what about disco, rare groove, doo wop, slow songs, funk, normal simple soul or pop soul, commercial motown, new R & B, Rap, Garage and whatever else is classed as soul music to make some nighter ok that would be dire as we all know to us fans but this is the best policy you can have simple

Northern soul music of the 60's and 70's, some modern and R & B/Crossover which is what some of the venues here play and you can be sure that Robert John, Moses Smith, Brenda Holloway can be played alongside Jeff Perry, Harold Melvin and the Bluenotes, Lisa Stansfield etc just that you will get people who moan i hate oldies or i hate modern but please respect others and it should also cross the overplayed and underplayed because one person's overplayed could be another ones underplayed/newie

Social source share

Baz

How about Parr Hall since you're a Warrington lad?

The lad from Pisa, who posts on here, and myself spoke about it before - a very obvious choice, seeing as I'm from Warrington, but well done for being so slow on the uptake.

They don't want to know mate, I made the call a month back.

Anyway we require two rooms, I'm sure the sixties lads don't want to hear some of the sh*t that I intend to play in the 'little room'.

Question answered 'Longy?'.

PM me as I have no idea who you are.

Social source share

Despite the posts to the contrary Malc I won't be swayed - I stick by my guns! It would appear initially that you and I might be out on a bit of a limb here! I respect everyone else's views especially the promoters who have posted who know far more than me about this sort of stuff - like Chalky at Lifeline. I've heard nothing but positives about his venue - well done Chalks. I will get up to your venue in 2008.

However, like you Malc I've been round the block quite a few times and I know what I would like to see in a venue. I went to a couple of Dave Thorley's Soul Shaker do's at Solihull last year - I found the music mix unbelievably refreshing. It wasn't a nigher and it needed more support - but for me the mix was right. I think the lack of support was down to other venues clashing - not the music policy. I know Dave had a lot on last year - marriage and stuff, but I hope 2008 sees him revive his do's. Maybe he can be persuaded to do a nighter!

Just a few thoughts and personal preferences.

:thumbup:

Not sure your totally correct, the music and the venue were great, but it wasn't what people wanted. Simple people come on here moan that they want something different, but don't support venues when they are then put on with just that approach. Lost a bundle on the venue, not moaning, I'm a big boy. Just don't think people want what they say they want.

I'm with Chalky, we have the scene we have cuz people support the venues they do, cuz in the main and this is just human nature "rather the devil you know". "I may not totally like this venue or that, but it's not far and I know what I'm going to get and the people there"

But all that said, never been one to give up as you know!!!

New allniter next year at the stunning venue we used for the Yate Revival, just sorting out dates with the club now. Malayka and I will be run it in the only way we know how with a eclectic music policy, great dj's, in great facilities. The venue is in the south west, between Gloucester and Bristol, so well away from the north and a long drive for some. But the trip will be more than worth it if you really do want great night out.

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

Not sure your totally correct, the music and the venue were great, but it wasn't what people wanted. Simple people come on here moan that they want something different, but don't support venues when they are then put on with just that approach. Lost a bundle on the venue, not moaning, I'm a big boy. Just don't think people want what they say they want.

I'm with Chalky, we have the scene we have cuz people support the venues they do, cuz in the main and this is just human nature "rather the devil you know". "I may not totally like this venue or that, but it not far and I know what I'm going to get and the people there"

But all that said, never been one to give up as you know!!!

New allniter next year at the stunning venue we used for the Yate Revival, just sorting out dates with the club now. Malayka and I will be run it in the only way we know how with a eclectic music policy, great dj's, in great facilities. The venue is in the south west, between Gloucester and Bristol, so well away from the north and a long drive for some. But the trip will

more than worth it if you really do want great night out.

It wasn't perhaps what enough people wanted Dave - there was certainly an appetite from the people I spoke to who went. It's shame. I guess that's the one of the biggest problems. Obviously any venue has to be financially viable - and to a degree that means bums on seats.

Onwards and upwards. I look forward to hearing more about the new all nighter in due course. I'm sure a few on here can put up with a few nose bleeds heading all that way darn sarf!

:lol:

Social source share

It wasn't perhaps what enough people wanted Dave - there was certainly an appetite from the people I spoke to who went. It's shame. I guess that's the one of the biggest problems. Obviously any venue has to be financially viable - and to a degree that means bums on seats.

Onwards and upwards. I look forward to hearing more about the new all nighter in due course. I'm sure a few on here can put up with a few nose bleeds heading all that way darn sarf!

:lol:

I have nothing but admiration for what people like Kev Roberts and Soul Town Andy do, there is a clear market for what they deliver so well. The problem is that in fact the people that say they want something a little different are the one's that don't go out as much, but sit on here asking for the world, then don't support it when it's delivered.

This maybe a little confrontational, but put up or shut up. People are doing what you ask for, the recent Skegness Weekender, The Orwell, Canal Tavern, Monumental, Blackpool Hilton Weekends, Essence, Lifeline and possibly our new venture. Get out and support what you have, 'From small acorns, come large oak trees'.

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert