Tower Of Power

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Urban Renewal album should be fairly easy to find - on vinyl as well as cd - and a cheapie.

I saw (and heard!) TOP live 3-4 years ago. Great concert. They´re so amazingly tight, funky and soulful. Always interesting to see who the current lead singer is. There´s been a long string of lead singers since the group started, Lenny Williams probably my favourite. Don´t remember the name of their latest recruit, but he is a competent enough vocalist.

Best,

Melismo

Social source share

Don´t remember the name of their latest recruit, but he is a competent enough vocalist.

Best,

Melismo

Think it's currently Larry Braggs, who followed Brent Carter, Melismo, but at one time, apart from Lenny Williams, Rufus Miller and Rick Stevens, the Band was lead by Eddie McGee (of Crossover Monster "What Made You Change" fame).

Have been playing "It's So Nice" from the "Aint No Stopping" Columbia '76 LP recently. Eddie is on there, sounding superb, but I think that was the only album with him on lead.

Sean

Social source share

Think it's currently Larry Braggs

Yes, think so too, because Larry Braggs was the guy who handled the lead vocals when I caught the band live some years ago. He is a great singer. In connection with the concert I also bought the group´s (then) new album, which featured some really nice cuts ably vocalled by Larry Braggs.

Cheers, M

Social source share

Co-incidently I've been going through the "We came to play" LP this morning and also played "Bittersweet Soul Music" and the next track "I am a fool" - both sounding well.

I've got the Urban Renewal LP and so know "Come back baby" - but not yet heard the one Sean mentioned "It's so nice"... maybe another one for the 'list' Sean? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert