Nolan Chance,just Like The Weather,c-161

De-to

i have been offered from the usa a copy of just like the weather,nolan chance on constellation c-161 its a vinyl copy mid/dark blue with small silver stars or dots under the constellation logo it has c65-279 and urj or hrj stamped in the "weather" side run out it also has a thin outer edge this is what the seller says it does looks like a couple of the copys on popsike and i have used this seller before and the 45s have all been ok from him,if this has been done on s/s before can someone find me the link thanks. :wicked:

Social source share

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest vespadan83

Taken from from the Manship guide to bootlegs

Original "extremely rare" has a dark blue label moulded into the vinyl matrix in the dead wax.

wax reads C65 - 280 with a stamped matrix on the the weatherside. This is hard to read but resembles URJ or simiilar.

Hope this helps

Dan

Social source share

Taken from from the Manship guide to bootlegs

Original "extremely rare" has a dark blue label moulded into the vinyl matrix in the dead wax.

wax reads C65 - 280 with a stamped matrix on the the weatherside. This is hard to read but resembles URJ or simiilar.

Hope this helps

Dan

thanks dan its sounding like a real one then!

Social source share

i have been offered from the usa a copy of just like the weather,nolan chance on constellation c-161 its a vinyl copy mid/dark blue with small silver stars or dots under the constellation logo it has c65-279 and urj or hrj stamped in the "weather" side run out it also has a thin outer edge this is what the seller says it does looks like a couple of the copys on popsike and i have used this seller before and the 45s have all been ok from him,if this has been done on s/s before can someone find me the link thanks. :shades:

record was never booted on constellation, so you can buy with confidence

Social source share

i have been offered from the usa a copy of just like the weather,nolan chance on constellation c-161 its a vinyl copy mid/dark blue with small silver stars or dots under the constellation logo it has c65-279 and urj or hrj stamped in the "weather" side run out it also has a thin outer edge this is what the seller says it does looks like a couple of the copys on popsike and i have used this seller before and the 45s have all been ok from him,if this has been done on s/s before can someone find me the link thanks. :shades:

I have this on DEMO and Stock Copy

ConstelationC-161b_DJ.jpgConstelationC-161a.jpg

However,

I may be wrong but the one that you describe, with the Stars.

I believe is the rarest Label Variation for Constellation.

The Bunky copy obviously the being the Rarest of ALL the Labels.

I Found a >>> LINK <<< June 2006

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

hello roger,thanks for the link and all the info i have done the deal and payed for the nolan chance 45 via paypal hopefully post up a scan of it when it arrives delivery could be ages from the usa what with crimbo etc,cant wait though!!

Pleased you've got a copy Mate, I'll Never tire of this record. :thumbup:

Up there with Mel Britt for me, (which I hope to own one day, when funds allow).

Ain't this collecting wonderful, the chase, the wait & then Magic when it arrives. :thumbup:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Heres the "Stars" issue which sounds like the one described

quote name='45cellar' date='Dec 12 07, 07:05 AM' post='644588']

However,

Social source share

Heres the "Stars" issue which sounds like the one described

quote name='45cellar' date='Dec 12 07, 07:05 AM' post='644588']

However,

post-1703-1197665502_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mate.

Either way A nice record to have in the collection, However,

I think that the stars Label Variation looks so much better.

Anyone seen a DEMO with the Stars Variation.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Roger, I have a yellow constellation copy. plain typeface and black lines

Any ideas on this?

I did pay a tidy sum for this off a reputable sellar :thumbup:

Will Post a scan and matrix details tomorrow

Regards

M. :thumbup:

Hi Mark

Never seen it on a Yellow Label.

I have seen Dee Clark on the Different Variations.

The Stars, Constelation Variation was the only other as far as I knew for Nolan Chance.

You can never say never in this game though, Looking forward to the scan & Matrix Details.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Hi Mark

Never seen it on a Yellow Label.

I have seen Dee Clark on the Different Variations.

The Stars, Constelation Variation was the only other as far as I knew for Nolan Chance.

You can never say never in this game though, Looking forward to the scan & Matrix Details.

Hi Roger

Scans attached, matrix details as follows

weather side :- c-65-279 scratched in deadweax at 9 oclock, c161 at 6 oclock

Shes Gone side ;- c-652-80 scratched in deadwax at 2 oclock c144 at 7 oclock

HWScan00016.bmpHWScan00015.bmp

Edited by MarkWhiteley
Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Mark

Had a dig myself and I have the releases either side : C-160 and C-162, on the silver Star design label. C-160 and C-162 also came out on the plain blue label design posted by Roger.

I've posted a pictures below of Nolan's earlier (1964) C-144 release of "She's gone" which carries C-64-254 numbering, plus the earliest release I have on the label, C-104 from 1963, which is pretty much identical in label design and color to your "Just like the weather"

Looks like you have a very rare or one-off item in your yellow Nolan Chance !

Best

John

Just dug out Dee Clark on yellow constellation

Font & typeface appear identical!

M. :D

post-1703-1197753159_thumb.jpg

post-1703-1197753171_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Mark

Had a dig myself and I have the releases either side : C-160 and C-162, on the silver Star design label. C-160 and C-162 also came out on the plain blue label design posted by Roger.

I've posted a pictures below of Nolan's earlier (1964) C-144 release of "She's gone" which carries C-64-254 numbering, plus the earliest release I have on the label, C-104 from 1963, which is pretty much identical in label design and color to your "Just like the weather"

Looks like you have a very rare or one-off item in your yellow Nolan Chance !

Best

John

post-1703-1197753159_thumb.jpg--post-1703-1197753171_thumb.jpg

Thanks John

HWScan00015-1.jpg

Certainly looks the business to me. :D

So pleased for you Mate if we're right.

Looks like a Rare One Mark. :D

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

I agree, doesn't look right, very suspicious

Whether it's the real deal or Counterfeit, it's Strange we haven't seen any others about. :D

Someone lost out if it was made to deceive, and where are the other copies?

The Font is a little difficult to compare,

However.

The Blue Stars Constellation is Upper and Lower case.

The Blue Upper case.

The Yellow ones are Upper Case on the Dee Clark too.

The Type of Font & the different B Side. Certainly a one off at the moment, if nothing else.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

The font looks much the same as that used on the '63 label design - what's noticeably different is 1) the paper quality and color which is more 'matt' and lighter than the 'gloss' and fuller yellow color of the 1963 type yellow releases; and 2) the ink quality and "set" of the print on the paper - but hey, that could well be down to it being a one off pre-production run.

As Roger says, if it is a counterfeit its strange that other similar copies are not in the public domain. I dont know if Nolan Chance has a following woith the Belgium or Island scene - tere are certainly limited copies around of records counterfeited for the Island and Belgium scene - eg Paul smith on Jacklyn and Johnny Dunn on Veep.

Maybe Mark can check back with the Seller, where he got it from and put the matter to rest !

Best

John

Whether it's the real deal or Counterfeit, it's Strange we haven't seen any others about. :D

Someone lost out if it was made to deceive, and where are the other copies?

The Font is a little difficult to compare,

However.

The Blue Stars Constellation is Upper and Lower case.

The Blue Upper case.

The Yellow ones are Upper Case on the Dee Clark too.

The Type of Font & the different B Side. Certainly a one off at the moment, if nothing else.

Social source share

that font really doesn't look right for a 60s chicago press. just my opinion.

I agree, it just does not look right. The Constellation and address look ok, but the rest of the writing looks like modern design. Never seen it before though!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert