Car Boot

Guest NorthernDancer

Guest NorthernDancer

i was at a car boot the other weekend looking through some records going past the ken dodds and the conway twitty's when i shit myself ,there it was ,a mint copy of earl jackson soul self satisfaction on abc dj for 50p may be not rare but it made my day . :wicked: SO WHAT IS THE BEST FIND YOU HAVE HAD!!

Social source share

• Replies 30
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

i was at a car boot the other weekend looking through some records going past the ken dodds and the conway twitty's when i shit myself ,there it was ,a mint copy of earl jackson soul self satisfaction on abc dj for 50p may be not rare but it made my day . :wicked: SO WHAT IS THE BEST FIND YOU HAVE HAD!!

We are talking about the UK release are'nt we?

Social source share

Silky hargraves - hurt by love in a box of rnb - 10p. :lol:

Social source share

Guest FrostyJak

A Few i have found for less than a £1

DANGLING ON A STRING CHAIRMEN OF THE BOARD US INVICT mint cond

ROCK YOUR BABY GEORGE McCRAE JAYBOY LP

BACKSTABBERS O'JAYS 12" PIR

Social source share

Silky hargraves - hurt by love in a box of rnb - 10p. :g:

That's and absolutely storming record! :lol:

Infact I think there's on on Ebay at the moment ... :D

Big congrats to my mate Nige (ss member baudrillard) for his weekend bootsale find.

Mark Loyd - When I'm gonna find her PARLAPHONE Demo Ex+ Thirty pence! :wicked:

Well done sir! Yer jammy get.. Seen it a thousand times before, but I'd like to see a scan of the thirty pence worth. :(

Social source share

Nothing to get too excited about, but.......

Don't Let It Slip Away - Ral Donner - Inferno

I Got The Fever - Georgia Prophets - Eric

Sensitive Mind - General Assembly - Destiny

Better Use Your Head/Gonna Fix You Good - Little Anthony -UA

Cowboys To Girls - Intruders - Ember

The Flasher - Mistura - Route

You Wont Say Nothing - Tamala Lewis - Destiny

Hey Little Way Out Girl - Del Capris - Grapevine (cartoon sleeve signed by Richard Searling)

.........and a couple of others in a similar vein......£3 the lot.

So if anyone knows of a "T. Dewey" on the scene, who's ex-partner would have ended up selling his records off -

He can have 'em back if someone PM's me with a few details.

-Kev Kent

SOULFUL SOUTH Opening Nite - Saturday 19th January 2008

- DJs Little Ian, Bearsy (Kent Soul Club) Nick Brown (Scenesville) Kevin Kent (Stolen Hours) - Upstairs Woolwich Catholic Club, Beresford Street, Woolwich SE18. £5.00 OTD - Free CD To 1st 50 Thru Door. Details: Ciara 07968-737761/ciara.penny1@virgin.net

Edited by KevinKent
Social source share

Hey Little Way Out Girl - Del Capris - Grapevine (cartoon sleeve signed by Richard Searling)

So if anyone knows of a "T. Dewey" on the scene, who's ex-partner would have ended up selling his records off -

-Kev Kent

ah isnt that nice :D if not i'll give you a fiver :shades:

Social source share

-Kev Kent

You were overcharged :shades:

Social source share

Old knackered 7" box on stall

Takes a look, couple of Stax & Atlantic tunes

& fook me pink & a rinky dink dink

Timi Yuro "Itll Never Be Over For Me"

"How much Mate"

"50p the lot and you can keep the box"

"Where did you find these"

"Oh I go to the tip and have a rummage every couple of weeks. I found the box there" :shades:

Social source share

jmmy radcliffe long after tonight is all over stateside 25p

orlons spinning top planet 30p plus was given lay this burden down Mary Love stateside!!by my mates aunt! way back in 1976 all in one week!!

Social source share

"How much Mate"

"Oh I go to the tip and have a rummage every couple of weeks. I found the box there" :thumbsup:

Likewise, I also found a Timi Yuro in a box of 7's for 50p!

Also in the same box a stateside copy of Jimmy Radcliffe and other timi Yuro sevens.

Social source share

That sounds like Ronnie Craft's old collection then :thumbsup:

Social source share

"How much Mate"

"Oh I go to the tip and have a rummage every couple of weeks. I found the box there" :ohmy:

more you were looking for scraps of food and came accross them :lol: you alley cat you :thumbsup:

Social source share

i was at a car boot the other weekend looking through some records going past the ken dodds and the conway twitty's when i shit myself ,there it was ,a mint copy of earl jackson soul self satisfaction on abc dj for 50p may be not rare but it made my day . :thumbsup: SO WHAT IS THE BEST FIND YOU HAVE HAD!!

Quite a few good ones, Earl Grant - hide nor Hair / aussie Festival $2 aud, Marvin Smith - have more time / aussie Coral $8 Aud, and a whole host of other Aussie releases for under ten aussie dollars!!

Majors - Lost in the City Issue, from a market in the Lanes in brighton 50p,Verbil domino on Toi for a pound at the brighton record fair, best one from that record fair Tony Galla on black issue swan £20 quid, the guy knew it was worth money but said he now hated northern, and did I want it for twenty quid? I think you know the answer to that one...

In the states I've found some great tracks, $4 Usd for Roosevelt and the Seven C's on Rondo in a thrift store in San francisco, in fact I had tons of 45's from the same place all with original covers, all $4 dollars!!

There is a shop near Old street in London I had a yellow London American demo of Mary wells - Dear Lover for £1, Think Pete Smith sold that for 70 odd quid, not a bad days work!!

Mal.C.

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

im never up early enuff on a sunday for boot sales !....was at a mates last week he done them years ago in the late 80s and once got a box of dozens of mint uk demos on labels like stateside,columbia,deccca,phillips etc for a few quid...they didnt want them didnt think they were worth f all.....i was looking through them..very nice !....lots of 60s mod/freak and garage aswell as soul.....hadnt even heard of some of the acts but great trax...dont suppose that would happen again

Social source share

Guest the soulster

back in 88 i found a bunch of 45's inc pat clayton, j j jackson, jimmy norman, but the best was a copy of mac staten there she goes all for 50p each you should have seen rudzi's face when i played it him as it was still covered up as bobby angele. ive since found a bobby wilburn issue and esther philips black issue plus loads of cheapie bits ps don't look round leicestershire coes theres not much left lol!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert