Help Identifying A 70's Track

s7oul

I have a 10'' acetate of a 70's track that is familiar but I cannot recall who it is by. The acetate is unfortunately an instrumental version, the issued record I seem to remember had a strong male lead vocal to it.

Any help/information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Pat

Edited by s7oul
Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Many thanks John

Don't know the history of the acetate and why it was an instrumental only. Any thoughts welcome.

Pat

As confirmed , the track is The FP .....

Why just the chorus and response harmonies ? : very strange .......

Was the Portugese copy from one of your many yearly holidays John ? .....

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Yes, a very strange version.

Have'nt seen the portugise one before.

Got the demo but I know the issue is quite hard.

One of the many gems from the collection of the renowned and creditable Mr Benson ......

Malc Burton

Social source share

One of the many gems from the collection of the renowned and creditable Mr Benson ......

Malc Burton

Stop it - you're making me blush! :D

No seriously, I only picked it up this 'century', from Ian Clark at one of the Soul Essence weekenders probably just before it started rising up in price again, it was somewhere in the five pounds region as I recall.

I haven't played it to compare but think the acetate version will be part two of the single - is the acetate a UK one by chance?

I can't imagine why they had this side done instead of the vocal? :D

By the way, I don't own the New Moon issue, it's just a picture I got off 'the bay'. I did have a white demo but let it go many years ago and just kept my UK Right on demo.

I would imagine the Portuguese Pye copy was released around the same time as the UK release (Right on being part of the Pye setup) But there again, I have been known to be wrong! :D

Social source share

The acetate came from America and is a 10'' single side.

The only typing on the the label is COME BACK and 45 RPM

Obviously can't date it but it looks old enough.

Any thoughts / theories appreciated

Pat

Edited by s7oul
Social source share

For information I actually picked up a copy on yellow Pye label made in Uruguay some years ago whilst in Sao Paulo. Lovely record but on a solid centre and plays at 33 1/3.

From the same shop also picked up several copies of Nolan Porter - If I could only be sure on Brazilean Probe, which I circulated among the guys on my return.

Mark

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert