Wayne Carter "mad Mouth Woman"

Guest Trevski

Guest Trevski

Anyone still playing this out? Not heard it in a while, and not had a chance to play mine out yet!. I actually thought this would go MASSIVE!

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Would of thought its a little bit too jazzy for the soul scene, but strangely it never seemed to take off in mod clubs either as far as I was aware.....wasn't it a big record on the funk scene for a while??

I think its a brilliant record by the way and deserves its day somewhere! Flip is a good funk cut too.

Social source share

Anyone still playing this out? Not heard it in a while, and not had a chance to play mine out yet!. I actually thought this would go MASSIVE!

Not sure Trev but thought I'd seen this on a playlistvor two in recently? Not had any sustained turntable action in recent times to my knowledge but the memory ain't what it used to be :wave: Good record but can't see this appealing to too many Northern dance floors but you never know.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Doin BIG things at the DDA Lowton at the moment via Paul S and Karl. Played it at the Orwell last week. Great record!

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

did he play it at Burnley, can't recall hearing it?

not heard Karl Rhodes for a while.

course he did chalks ......you were asleep lol :Dlaugh.gif

Social source share

Guest Trevski

First heard it via Paul S and Johnny Weston-DDA. Had to get one, so unusual, yet infectious rythm. I know Richard B and Sanquine love it! ( I gave Karen my Aestuarium copy when I got a Mootreys one, as she loves it so much!) Will hopefully give it a spin over Christmas!

Social source share

First heard it via Paul S and Johnny Weston-DDA. Had to get one, so unusual, yet infectious rythm. I know Richard B and Sanquine love it! ( I gave Karen my Aestuarium copy when I got a Mootreys one, as she loves it so much!) Will hopefully give it a spin over Christmas!

New Years Eve mate thumbsup.gif

Social source share

it went from 0 known copies to about 500 overnight when the near entire stock got found in Wayne's possesion late 90s. I think he said he only got rid of a couple of copies of each to a DJ, decided he didn't like them so just stashed the whole lot! Typically, the first vultures on the scene tried to slow release them for big money and even though word got out, the whole stock of both his Mootrey's singles shifted at about £75 each, quite a bit of money made, pity Wayne didn't get a bigger chunk of it, maybe he did alright to be fair, i dont really know.

We used to play it in the 90s, the other side early on too and his more raucus other side on Mootrey's 'peter in peter out'. Great track I think, but one of them that sits in between many scenes but not quite right for any it seems, shame.

Only other record I seen by him was a groovy but depressing jazzy number about cancer. nice.

Edited by mik parry
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert