Melvin Davis Related Film

Got a call from Melvin Davis regarding "Chains of love" by The Dirtbombs being used in the French Film The Diving Bell and The butterfly.

He asked me to do a bit of digging around for him and i found the track and a lot about the film

which looks very interesting as it was premiered at the Cannes Film Festival and looks set for a USA release.

This is all good news for Melvin as he will be able to get his hands on some well deserved royalties

Not sure if the link will work below but if not copy & paste into your browser

https://www.pinglewood.com/2007/October/The..._Butterfly.html

The Dirtbombs version is very raw and i like it a lot, they are from Detroit and the lead singer looks black as well.

Melvin sends his regards to all his "Soul Angels" in the UK and hopefully will see you in 2008

Rob & Karen

Social source share

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 10
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Got a call from Melvin Davis regarding "Chains of love" by The Dirtbombs being used in the French Film The Diving Bell and The butterfly.

He asked me to do a bit of digging around for him and i found the track and a lot about the film

which looks very interesting as it was premiered at the Cannes Film Festival and looks set for a USA release.

This is all good news for Melvin as he will be able to get his hands on some well deserved royalties

Not sure if the link will work below but if not copy & paste into your browser

https://www.pinglewood.com/2007/October/The..._Butterfly.html

The Dirtbombs version is very raw and i like it a lot, they are from Detroit and the lead singer looks black as well.

Melvin sends his regards to all his "Soul Angels" in the UK and hopefully will see you in 2008

Rob & Karen

Just to add a bit more to this, the film won 5 awards at a US awards thing about 2 weeks back

It also won 2 "Golden Globes" at the weekend (best foreign film & Best director)

Its up for some Oscars as well.

Good thing is it makes Both Melvin Davis and JJ Barnes some much needed dosh with DVD sales and profile etc. :D

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Hi Rob hope your well, has his own version of "chains" ever been on a 45, noticed its on the cd, fantastic

Danny

Missed this reply as it's quite an old thread.

Answer is "No", never on a 45 although he does a version "Live" and it is on the CD

Melvin Davis -His greatest recordings-Rock Mill-see below

We had hoped to bring him over in 2008-but he was caring for his elderly mother -who died at the end of last year.

Melvin has now retired from his job at the Detroit US mail service and is back concentrating on his music,

He WILL be back over in the UK in September-first gig is Goovesville Nighter--we are waitng for a couple of interested parties to confirm dates with us for gigs sept/oct.

There is a posibility he may be here sooner-----

Royalties from the film helped Melvin alot, however they were split 3 ways due to Melvin "giving away" writing credits to JJ Barnes & Don Davis- who have also got a share. There will be more to come on WorldWide DVD sales etc.

Melvin has met up with the Dirtbombs-who are a Detroit based Rock/Punk/soul band with a black lead singer-the first comment to Melvin was "We love find a quiet place!!!"-at least 2 of the band have copies!

Anyone who fancies putting Melvin on drop me a PM and I will give you details of costings atc.

I have a few copies of the CD @£10 each plus £1 P&P-ALL MONEY TO MELVIN

Rob & Karen

post-1887-1239011764_thumb.jpg

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley
Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

It really is good to read about artists getting royalties. Quite refreshing. That's why they became recording artists in the second place. The first is because they love music hopefully.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Andy Kempster

Danny

Missed this reply as it's quite an old thread.

Answer is "No", never on a 45 although he does a version "Live" and it is on the CD

Melvin Davis -His greatest recordings-Rock Mill-see below

We had hoped to bring him over in 2008-but he was caring for his elderly mother -who died at the end of last year.

Melvin has now retired from his job at the Detroit US mail service and is back concentrating on his music,

He WILL be back over in the UK in September-first gig is Goovesville Nighter--we are waitng for a couple of interested parties to confirm dates with us for gigs sept/oct.

There is a posibility he may be here sooner-----

Royalties from the film helped Melvin alot, however they were split 3 ways due to Melvin "giving away" writing credits to JJ Barnes & Don Davis- who have also got a share. There will be more to come on WorldWide DVD sales etc.

Melvin has met up with the Dirtbombs-who are a Detroit based Rock/Punk/soul band with a black lead singer-the first comment to Melvin was "We love find a quiet place!!!"-at least 2 of the band have copies!

Anyone who fancies putting Melvin on drop me a PM and I will give you details of costings atc.

I have a few copies of the CD @£10 each plus £1 P&P-ALL MONEY TO MELVIN

Rob & Karen

hi rob, me and toby are getting really excited about the melvin davis appearance and will be firming up details very shortly

Social source share

hi rob, me and toby are getting really excited about the melvin davis appearance and will be firming up details very shortly

Just been speaking to him before I logged on, he,s got loads of things happening in his life at the moment and he sends his love to all his "Soul Angels" in the UK

watch this space

Rob & Karen :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert