Soul View Magazine

David Miller of Edinburgh (Soulfool on here) produces a magazine called Soul View. He has very kindly offered to let me have the proceeds from the sale of his forthcoming magazine to go towards my cancer charity (see asking a favour thread).

Anyway, he is looking for a few more articles to go into it. Would anybody like to contribute any articles, venue write ups, music reviews, in fact anything soul related? If so, could they contact him via pm. Then when he has produced it, if you could all buy it that would be fantastic :thumbsup:

Kx

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

David Miller of Edinburgh (Soulfool on here) produces a magazine called Soul View. He has very kindly offered to let me have the proceeds from the sale of his forthcoming magazine to go towards my cancer charity (see asking a favour thread).

Anyway, he is looking for a few more articles to go into it. Would anybody like to contribute any articles, venue write ups, music reviews, in fact anything soul related? If so, could they contact him via pm. Then when he has produced it, if you could all buy it that would be fantastic :thumbsup:

Kx

Didn't realise it was still going, last I heard it had finished and Dave put a notice in the 'last' issue....about 5 years ago!!!!

Dave knows me, I used to contribute regularly.

How do we get a copy?

John (South)

Social source share

Didn't realise it was still going, last I heard it had finished and Dave put a notice in the 'last' issue....about 5 years ago!!!!

How do we get a copy?

John (South)

Yes its still going. I am sure that if you used to contribute he would love to hear from you again. Send him a pm, Soulfool & have a chat with him & he can tell you how to get a copy.

I put this up as a favour for his offer of a donation to my charity, as he asked me if I knew anyone who wanted to contribute.

Kx

Social source share

How do we get a copy?

John (South)

Hi John,

Great to hear from you, have PM'd you Mate

David

Social source share

A decent response so far with one article all typed out and something else on the way. Please take time out to do something if you can, Venue Reports/Vinyl/CD Reviews, Top 10's/20's and anything else relevant to the scene. It's all for a good cause and £1.50 from every magazine sold will go to 'Cancer Research' via Kirsty M.

In the meantime why not complete this:

Your top DJ

Your top soul night

Your top allnighter

Your top weekender

Your top magazine

dmiller6ts@msn.com

My thanks

David

Social source share

A decent response so far with one article all typed out and something else on the way. Please take time out to do something if you can, Venue Reports/Vinyl/CD Reviews, Top 10's/20's and anything else relevant to the scene. It's all for a good cause and £1.50 from every magazine sold will go to 'Cancer Research' via Kirsty M.

Your top DJ

Your top soul night

Your top allnighter

Your top weekender

Your top magazine

dmiller6ts@msn.com

My thanks

David

Bump! C'mon soul people, do your bit!!!

Social source share

Your top DJ Ian Clark & Mick Smith (cos' I know em' both really well!!)

Your top soul night St.Ives (great atmosphere & it's fairly local)

Your top allnighter " " "

Your top weekender Skeggy

Your top magazine Dave Moore's 'There's That Beat' (simply the best!)

dmiller6ts@msn.com

My thanks

David

Social source share

Response so far to Contributions has been excellent, my sincere thanks to those who have sent stuff, those who have promised to send stuff and those of you who haven't yet decided - but you will!!

I lost a Mate to cancer just recently, only 50-years-young, my guess is that a lot of us on here know or have known someone who has suffered, or is suffering this terrible illness, I offered my proceeds before I knew of my Mate's illness as he never told anyone outside his imediate family but this only strengthened my will to do this and raise as much as possible, so come on people, a top 5/10, report/review or anything fills the magazine and will no doubt help sell more than usual.

David

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert