Change In My Life - 2001 Black Essence

robhallam

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Gavin Page

Yes, it was a Yarmouth tune and played at various crossover soul nights by the likes of Bob Cosby, great tune :thumbup:

rob h.

Bloody great record !

Social source share

No, I don't think it's the same label. The lyrics is detroit and late 60s, the black essence is NY and like mid 70s.

1974 to be precise Bob.

The label is named JWJ after the 'James Weldon Johnson Community Centre" originally based at 2205 First Ave New York.

The JWJ centres still promoters music, the arts and Black culture and the record was part of a project to get young kids off the streets.

JWJ wrote the 'anthem 'Lift Every Voice And Sing". A man way ahead of his time... as was our own Frank Elson :D who raved over this 45 in Blues & Soul... as a new release!

Sean

Edited by Sean Hampsey
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Got to agree with comments about this 45 a LONG LONG time want of mine. Fantastic record. Anyone got one for sale then?

Can't wait till April 10 ---- YARMUFF here we come YIPEEE !!!!!

I have a photo at home of when i was lucky enough to find 4 copies in the early 90's. All laid out nicely in me study :thumbup:

Got them after hearing it first played by Rod Dearlove at an early Yarmouth..............in fact one of them went to Mr Cosby if memory serves?

Never had any more since though!

Yep, roll on Yarmouth - cannae wait!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Got to agree with comments about this 45 a LONG LONG time want of mine. Fantastic record. Anyone got one for sale then?

Can't wait till April 10 ---- YARMUFF here we come YIPEEE !!!!!

Fraser the flip side would be right up your street as well,it`s a blinding ballad called

"When you walk alone with love",see you in April :thumbup:

Dave f..............

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert