Soul-slider

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Trevski

70's cut, with it's faster pace is better IMHO. With the 60's copies being beyond the wallet and availability of most collectors, the 70's copies are worth it, and becoming scarce. 

£124 not a lot of money, when you consider how many come up for sale these days,

and it's condition. Not listed on popsike, unlike the Midas release, lots of them floating about atm! JM lists the 70's copy, didn't know its 'originality' was in question?

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest Trevski

The 70's version is fantastic, there's not a lot of difference anyway, but it ain't worth more than £15! At the end of the day it's a reissue and was/is available in the same quantities as any other 70's pressing.

Can't be a reissue, Pete, if it's different to the 60's cut. If it was identical, then yes, reissue, but as its reworked, it's not strictly a reissue IMHO.

Social source share

70's cut, with it's faster pace is better IMHO. With the 60's copies being beyond the wallet and availability of most collectors, the 70's copies are worth it, and becoming scarce.

£124 not a lot of money, when you consider how many come up for sale these days,

and it's condition. Not listed on popsike, unlike the Midas release, lots of them floating about atm! JM lists the 70's copy, didn't know its 'originality' was in question?

hi TREVSKI,the question arose on here around ,should it be played as the original version is so rare ,and in effect is it like playing a 2nd issue?.Not a big issue for me(no pun intended).

Personally i play it cos ,1)i'll never get the 60's cut and, 2) like it better,and 3) its the version i remember from my youth.

Social source share

Can't be a reissue, Pete, if it's different to the 60's cut. If it was identical, then yes, reissue, but as its reworked, it's not strictly a reissue IMHO.

You know what I mean though. It was released due to Northern demand and because they couldn't find the tapes of the 1st version, it's not like it was issued as a new release in 77 with the charts in mind.

Social source share

It's not strictly speaking a tailor made, is it? This version was cut at the same time as the rare Breakthrough release. Producer Joey Jefferson cut at least three versions with different lead vocalists from the group. The rare version has Johnny Hendley on lead. When he was approached to re-issue the track he used the Charles Diamond version as he considered it to be the best. In my opinion it simply is the best version and knocks spots off the Johnny Hendley cut, vocally and instrumentally.

Social source share

It's not strictly speaking a tailor made, is it? This version was cut at the same time as the rare Breakthrough release. Producer Joey Jefferson cut at least three versions with different lead vocalists from the group. The rare version has Johnny Hendley on lead. When he was approached to re-issue the track he used the Charles Diamond version as he considered it to be the best. In my opinion it simply is the best version and knocks spots off the Johnny Hendley cut, vocally and instrumentally.

I had no idea about this, first time I've ever heard this story...thought it was the same vocalist. Amazing but obviously credible as Hendley was Diamond's best pal, according to the latters wife. Anyway, I prefer the "77" version..

Social source share

That has definitely given it even more credibility. :thumbup:

Btw, the instrumental on the flip has been beefed up with some terrific piano work. Sounds great!

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

I,ve had this in my sales box for 6 months at a tenner and it,s still there, overlooked by everybody !!!

so at £10 now with IAT (similar to VAT but my own version lol) comes out at a tad more then a tenner he he :D

Top version tho, the best imo.

at a tenner no-one wants it,stick it for sale at 50 notes and watch it fly.............. :(

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert