Goldsoul- Inspirational Thinking?

Guest biggray1

The quite vile and disgusting comments from Trevor Hare of York 'trevski' , Paul Sadot of 'Once Upon A Time In Wigan' Mr.Darcy , Bigray1 and a small handful of misguided(about KR anyway) individuals clearly turn the majority off. These characters are now creating so many bad vibes, they themselves are receiving awful reputations.

Bad Vibes...hahahahahahaha..surley your Joking Mr Kr,if owt the only person on here who has created the most BAD VIBES is yourself. you must have a very short memory kr,well we havnt.

Social source share

• Replies 59
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

been away for a day and still no reply from Goldsoul...Was just a simple question about Whitby..If you wan to stop folk thinking the worst of you then give some of your paying good customers an answer..They invested time and money into weekender and were let down to say the least...

So lets put it to bed with an answer and then you can go back onto our xmas card list..

Social source share

As a young un of 36 years with limited knowledge of any of the events concerning KR, my impression and opinion was formed by the following encounter and it is perhaps representative of some of the words that have already been typed -

Blackpool weekender, whatever year. Frank Wilson signing a particular book. KR with the words to me and a buddy as we went to queue to chuck our ta very much in.... "You havent got / bought a book so you cant talk to FW"

Opinion formed, never been back since. Its not a case of cutting ones nose to spite the face. More a case of have some respect for those who have and do line your pocket.

As for investing in Northern souls future..lolol...well lets just say with comments like that I am glad you are not managing my money!

Social source share

been away for a day and still no reply from Goldsoul...Was just a simple question about Whitby..If you wan to stop folk thinking the worst of you then give some of your paying good customers an answer..They invested time and money into weekender and were let down to say the least...

So lets put it to bed with an answer and then you can go back onto our xmas card list..

The silence is deafining, but then again am I suprised.

Social source share

Kev Roberts has asked me to post the following:-

A few words from Goldsoul in the light of the usual frenzied activity where we are concerned. Incidentally, Ian Levine has a new album titled Disco 2008.

A review from Steve G possibly?

When running a business where customers are passionate about their favourite music, it comes as no surprise that social commentary is part of its make-up.

Along with Pontins at Prestatyn, John Manship, Tim Brown's Anglo American, Pat Brady etc etc, we all will encounter extremist views within Northern Soul at some stage....it's the way it is.

Back in the early 70's, did anyone criticize the promoters of that time(Chris Burton, Tony Petherbridge, Terry Samson etc) for having the balls to put 'on a do'.

The difficulty for anyone with extreme views about this subject is, they think that 'dissing old timers' 'oldies only venues' will somehow deliver a better framework for Northern Soul. It clearly does not.

If enthusiasts want to work to the principle of 'underplayed oldies' 'rare unknowns' etc...GREAT. But guys, leave the nostalgia bit to seasoned pros without the hideous hostility.

It serves no purpose, as 2,500 at Blackpool Tower recently, demonstrates,their is something in Northern Soul for everybody.

The quite vile and disgusting comments from Trevor Hare of York 'trevski' , Paul Sadot of 'Once Upon A Time In Wigan' Mr.Darcy , Bigray1 and a small handful of misguided(about KR anyway) individuals clearly turn the majority off. These characters are now creating so many bad vibes, they themselves are receiving awful reputations.

There are many respected DJ's and Dealers who have privately contacted us to voice disgust at these 'Patrons of a Rogue State', citing these outcasts as 'the North Korea of Soul'.

The work put into the scene by us, Richard Searling,the publishers Beatin Rhythm and Be-Cool, Kent Records, Ady Croasdell,

the DJ's who travel hundreds of miles each weekend and most of all the fans who support the scene is immense. Constant digs are a long term turn off-please get the message!

Trevski, actually turns so many off the thought of visiting the Wilton's of this world, that their courageous and inspiring 'up front' music policy is stagnated due to the bad vibes that he and a few instigators applaud. Trev-get your money out and start promoting, record dealing, events abroad, bringing acts to the UK. See how 'easy it is'.

Thank heavens for the Soultown's of this world who simply promote to the best of their ability and deliver a refreshing change at Middleton complete with healthy attendances.

The promoter of this excellent All Nighter applauds larger events and smaller 'feeder' gigs too. Absolutely the correct way to be.

If Goldsoul was devoid of credibility, then why are we pulling healthy numbers to our events?

For the scene's sake...can we all see the big and bigger picture and enjoy the last 40 years of Northern Soul....preferably as nice people.

Thanks and Stay Well.

Goldsoul 'investing in Northern Soul's future'

Already posted my views elsewhere, on the redundancy of a supposed 'moral' debate within this scene, but hey, the 'polish girls needing love' link brings the debate to even more surreal heights!!! (Or should that be low's? Not quite sure myself lol!)
Social source share