Temptations

Guest andyrattigan

Guest andyrattigan

This is my favourite Temps track. I know it was released on American Lp, but was it ever given a UK release. I've also seen it on a Belgian Temps compilation album on Motown.

How much for the US album?

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest the dukester

Im sure there is a 45 EP of this along with

Sweet Thing - Marvin Gaye

My Love - Isley Bros

and a Barbara Mc Neir song, cant remember this one

:rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest the dukester

This is my favourite Temps track. I know it was released on American Lp, but was it ever given a UK release. I've also seen it on a Belgian Temps compilation album on Motown.

How much for the US album?

UK MOTOWN ALBUM 6002 - TEMPTATIONS

Social source share

Guest the dukester

a great EP, :rolleyes: one of the greatest boots on the soul scene,they dont make um like they use to :D ,there was a LP that came out as well.that had some great tunes on it,one being by the temptations " angel doll" superb :yes:

Bought Vernon Garrett version Angel Doll, cos I couldnt get Temps version, Sold it on cos wasnt impressed :wicked:

Social source share

Guest andyrattigan

"it happens every time" taken from her LP the real barbara McNair

Another Motown fave thumbsup.gif . Picked up that album a while back also has the other gem FORGET YOU EVER MET ME BABY and a few other nice tracks as well.

Social source share

only ever seen the temps version on this lp.aint got a clue who did them,there was going to be a vol2 but i dont think it ever happend

Rob Marriott brought em out I believe and Vol 2 never got a release

still a bootleg album is a bootleg album

got my copy a couple of years back

excellent stuff but carrying a few hundred singles just to please all the requesters if poss and add a 100 albums (exageration) add to that a 4k sound rig and me 3 wheelers about full

Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

The backing track for both The Temps and The Tammi track must be one of Mr. Terry,s finest performances--IMHO

Just listened to it again---wonderful stuff

Regards

Tony C.

ps

Tammi Terrells version is as good as the Temps (I Gotta find a way)

same backing track and a very powerful track

and was a cd release

Social source share

Tried to break Tempts track for 2 years with NO success back in 69/70 huh.gif - think it was off Big Hits Vol 7 - canny remember exactly

BUT glad I influenced Mr Hampsey :( cheers Sean m8 happy daze :D

Social source share

Tried to break Tempts track for 2 years with NO success back in 69/70 :D - think it was off Big Hits Vol 7 - canny remember exactly

BUT glad I influenced Mr Hampsey :lol: cheers Sean m8 happy daze :lol:

Yes you did Ash.

Back then it was you and me against the world :( ... but you always had great taste and knew how to pick a tune.

Remember you plugging Four Tops "Can't Seem To Get You Out Of My Mind" about 8 years before the rest of the UK Soul scene.

Funny how things come around... the official A side "Do What You Gotta Do" was probaly the TOP sound of the night at last night's Monumental in London.

An awesome double sider!

Take it easy mate... and I must try and visit the old town soon!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

Remember you plugging Four Tops "Can't Seem To Get You Out Of My Mind" about 8 years before the rest of the UK Soul scene.

:ohmy:

Sean

Remember some top dj's being annoyed when they were told the real title of the Ronnie McNeir "Back In The Streets Again" c/u version, and that it was originally a motown b side :D . Surprising who didn't know.

Edited by SteveM
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert