scunnyjack

• Replies 34
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Real!..........notice the stamp is even all the way across and the label has no white-ish "Rim"

Looks too good at 1st glance though :lol:

No doubt Mansh will cast an eye

:P

Edited by Guest
Social source share

He took a bloody good photo though to get the Matrix in full view.....ive tried a few times with no success.

:thumbsup:

Hard to read the matrix but it looks different to the yellow/blue copy with white edges.I have never seen an original copy only photos but thought form these photos the stripes were a much darker orange hence my original post.

Social source share

Are they boots or legit 2nd issues?

Seem to recall they're Columbia stamped?

Definately boots, never been re-issued, if more care were taken they woulda been very hard to spot.

Hard to read the matrix but it looks different to the yellow/blue copy with white edges.I have never seen an original copy only photos but thought form these photos the stripes were a much darker orange hence my original post.

The boots were pressed at Monach, and by the delta number sometime around the mid 70's.

The matrix number is ZTSC142593. On the original is all in one followed by -1B. On the boot it's ZTSC  142  593 and it's about half the font size of the original. The easiest way to tell the difference is on the originals the 'foot' of the letters & numbers face the label, on the boot they face the grooves

Social source share

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

Personally I'd buy the 6 quid copy. What is it about that one that makes it worth £400?

I noticed 'Never ending love' by the Montclairs going for over $400 a couple of weeks ago. Manship's got it listed on three different labels and the cheapest is £20. A reissue of 'Crook his little finger' went for about £23 a few months back, even a low quality original would set me back over £100. With the money I could save I could buy myself a laser vinyl player within a year...

...If I had that kind of money in the first place... frusty2.gif

Social source share

It may seem ive been living on another planet, but what is a laser vinyl player?

Its for cutting and making your own Rubber and Plastic clothing.....Gimp Suits Zip-Masks Tourture apparel.... :rolleyes:

You see what you can save up for by just buying the £6.00 copies! :D:(:D

wink.gif

post-7917-1195744982_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest Dr Pickles

It may seem ive been living on another planet, but what is a laser vinyl player?

laser_turntable_w.jpg

If you play your old vinyl with a standard turntable, and you hurt every time a little bit having the little needle carving along the grooves, then this product is for you. Your pain needs to be really intense though, because the ELP Laser Vinyl player sells for a cool $15,000.

ELP already sold over 1,000 laser vinyl players.

More details on Future Looks and on the ELP site.

See also the TEAC GF-350 turntable, which can record vinyl onto CDs.

https://www.laser-turntable.com/

Doc

Edited by Dr Pickles
Social source share

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

I just remembered something (Too late to include my post above...).

While I was tootling through Wikipedia a few weeks ago I came across an article about a system that scans vimyl and plays it. The main problem at the moment is that, unlike the laser player, it plays back dirt in the grooves, but they're working on it.

Friction free, no turntable required, no surface noise, analogue reproduction...

That must be how God listens to His record collection.

Social source share

I just remembered something (Too late to include my post above...).

While I was tootling through Wikipedia a few weeks ago I came across an article about a system that scans vimyl and plays it. The main problem at the moment is that, unlike the laser player, it plays back dirt in the grooves, but they're working on it.

Friction free, no turntable required, no surface noise, analogue reproduction...

That must be how God listens to His record collection.

The laser turntable also plays back dirt in the grooves. Only a physical needle can play "through" dirt. The laser turntable also comes with a record cleaner because it is so sensitive to dirt.

How is the thing that scans the record analog? How does it store the scan (image?) of the vinyl in an analog way and then replay it.

Social source share

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

The laser turntable also plays back dirt in the grooves. Only a physical needle can play "through" dirt. The laser turntable also comes with a record cleaner because it is so sensitive to dirt.

How is the thing that scans the record analog? How does it store the scan (image?) of the vinyl in an analog way and then replay it.

It only plays back the dirt if you focus the laser on the dirt. Because of the constant vibration dirt gravitates to the bottom of the groove so apparently the trick is to focus the laser on the LH side of the groove, which is the side that gets the least needle wear, but yes, they do now supply the cleaner as part of the kit. If you have a filthy disc then you're right, the laser will indeed play back the dirt.

The scanner recognises the groove and simply plays it back. It's not a digital device, it's more a case of it just 'looks at' the record then the computer analyses it and tells the non-existant needle where to go. This 'needle' then reads back the grooves in analogue. If that last bit makes no sense to you, you're not alone, I don't get it either, but that's the theory and they've got this far with it so I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by JJMMWGDuPree
Social source share

It only plays back the dirt if you focus the laser on the dirt. Because of the constant vibration dirt gravitates to the bottom of the groove so apparently the trick is to focus the laser on the LH side of the groove, which is the side that gets the least needle wear, but yes, they do now supply the cleaner as part of the kit. If you have a filthy disc then you're right, the laser will indeed play back the dirt.

The scanner recognises the groove and simply plays it back. It's not a digital device, it's more a case of it just 'looks at' the record then the computer analyses it and tells the non-existant needle where to go. This 'needle' then reads back the grooves in analogue. If that last bit makes no sense to you, you're not alone, I don't get it either, but that's the theory and they've got this far with it so I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt.

If a computer analyses it then it has to be digital and this sounds like a digital interpretation to me. The only way you can get an analogue version is via the tape or vinyl........

Ian D

Social source share

The boots were pressed at Monach, and by the delta number sometime around the mid 70's.

The matrix number is ZTSC142593. On the original is all in one followed by -1B. On the boot it's ZTSC  142  593 and it's about half the font size of the original. The easiest way to tell the difference is on the originals the 'foot' of the letters & numbers face the label, on the boot they face the grooves

One good thing about those Monach done Boots is that a small number of them came out on vinyl... so to have it you'd want the orig and the vinyl boot right?

Mal:)

Social source share

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

If a computer analyses it then it has to be digital and this sounds like a digital interpretation to me. The only way you can get an analogue version is via the tape or vinyl........

Ian D

The computer analyses it then tells the 'needle' where to go. The needle/lens/whatever itself reads the analogue signal direct to the player without it having to pass though the computer. I guess it's a bit like the computer that controls the engine in my car. The engine remains analogue.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert