Pointer Sisters Bootleg Only Wanted

Sunnysoul

I never play precious originals when I DJ out ..... I only use boots ...... so I need a nice POINTER SISTERS boot of "Send Him Back" so I can hammer it good and proper.

Will pay 5 quid.

In case you're wondering I take one box of boots - which I play on the decks - and I also take box of originals of those boots , so that when some smart assed self important chin stroker comes up to me and takes issue with the fact that I'm playing a boot and questions whether I own the original , I quickly pull out the original 45 and shove it in his face then tell him to get on his bike and out of my face ... meanwhile the punters - who couldn't give a monkeys - are packing the dancefloor.

Don't you just love this scene?

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I never play precious originals when I DJ out ..... I only use boots ...... so I need a nice POINTER SISTERS boot of "Send Him Back" so I can hammer it good and proper.

Will pay 5 quid.

In case you're wondering I take one box of boots - which I play on the decks - and I also take box of originals of those boots , so that when some smart assed self important chin stroker comes up to me and takes issue with the fact that I'm playing a boot and questions whether I own the original , I quickly pull out the original 45 and shove it in his face then tell him to get on his bike and out of my face ... meanwhile the punters - who couldn't give a monkeys - are packing the dancefloor.

So... you effectively double up on the amount of vinyl that you take to a gig.... just in case some "smart assed self important chin stroker" comes up to you?

And does having the original somehow give you license to play the Boot... whereas a person who does not own the original would not be allowed to play their Boot to the punters - who couldn't give a monkeys either way?

Why not just play the originals? Is it to cut down on wear and tear?

Not being funny... Just interested (nay... fascinated).

:(

Sean

Social source share

So... you effectively double up on the amount of vinyl that you take to a gig.... just in case some "smart assed self important chin stroker" comes up to you?

And does having the original somehow give you license to play the Boot... whereas a person who does not own the original would not be allowed to play their Boot to the punters - who couldn't give a monkeys either way?

Why not just play the originals? Is it to cut down on wear and tear?

Not being funny... Just interested (nay... fascinated).

:thumbsup:

Sean

I was going to ask summat similar Sean, plus....

"if you've only got a boot copy of a record, do you ALWAYS wait to play that out until you've bought the orignal first?" based on your comments....

>> never play precious originals when I DJ out ..... I only use boots ......

>> meanwhile the punters - who couldn't give a monkeys - are packing the dancefloor

Also interested (nay.... fascinated) :( ....

Edited by vaultofsouler
Social source share

Will pay 5 quid.

Each to his own, but if you had a Ferrari would you then lock it in a garage and buy MR2 based replica and drive that round the track :lol: The records were made to be played and enjoyed.

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

Each to his own, but if you had a Ferrari would you then lock it in a garage and buy MR2 based replica and drive that round the track :D The records were made to be played and enjoyed.

couldn't agree more dave :lol: still got your ferrari by the way or are you now driving a bootleg :P

Social source share

couldn't agree more dave :lol: still got your ferrari by the way or are you now driving a bootleg :P

Sadly no :lol: . Let it go a few years ago, when I went through my wilderness year, so to speak. But had it for fifteen years and had loads of fun thrashing the hell out of it on the track and on the road. :D

Social source share

Will pay 5 quid.

A fiver no chance.

Social source share

Source Advert