Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Pete Griffin

Hi.

I need a copy of Lee Moses - Reach out I'll be there / Day tripper - Musicor

Please PM if you've got one for me.

Thanks,

Chris

Thats is one great mad organ groover 45, sorry not selling.

Social source share

Not that easy to come by. The only ever spare I had I sold maybe a month ago on here. And no, I can`t let my copy go :thumbsup: It may be of interets though that the great Lee Moses used to be the guitarist on some of the Herman Hitson tunes (recorded in Atlanta) which explains why there`s also a version of his classic "Bad Girl" by Mr Hitson.

Marc

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

Not that easy to come by. The only ever spare I had I sold maybe a month ago on here. And no, I can`t let my copy go :thumbsup: It may be of interets though that the great Lee Moses used to be the guitarist on some of the Herman Hitson tunes (recorded in Atlanta) which explains why there`s also a version of his classic "Bad Girl" by Mr Hitson.

Marc

Lee and Hermon were/are both guitarists and very good friends. I know they playe on stage together but not sure how much they actually recorded together since Lee's stuff was all recorded in New York.

Social source share

Lee and Hermon were/are both guitarists and very good friends. I know they playe on stage together but not sure how much they actually recorded together since Lee's stuff was all recorded in New York.

Lee did the guitar backing on these Hitson 45s only. The link between the two was/is the producer whose name escapes me at present. Don`t know of any Southern made 45s by him, most/all were cut in NYC.

Social source share

Lee did the guitar backing on these Hitson 45s only. The link between the two was/is the producer whose name escapes me at present. Don`t know of any Southern made 45s by him, most/all were cut in NYC.

Johnny Brantley was the producer, but he wasn't the only link between Moses and Hitson. They were introduced shortly after Hitson moved to Atlanta. But yes, I do think all of Moses's records were cut in New York. Hitson's Royal singles and everything from the Sweet Rose 45 on were done in Atlanta. The Minit/Atco records were not. Actually, the Atco 45 may have been Atlanta too. I'll have to check my notes.

Social source share

Johnny Brantley was the producer, but he wasn't the only link between Moses and Hitson. They were introduced shortly after Hitson moved to Atlanta. But yes, I do think all of Moses's records were cut in New York. Hitson's Royal singles and everything from the Sweet Rose 45 on were done in Atlanta. The Minit/Atco records were not. Actually, the Atco 45 may have been Atlanta too. I'll have to check my notes.

Right, Johnny Brantley :thumbsup: How many are there on Royal by HH, as I only have "Georgia Grind" ? I think the Minit "Bad Girl" 45 was at least recorded in Atlanta as was "Show me Some Sign" but I may have it wrong.

Marc

Social source share

Right, Johnny Brantley :rolleyes: How many are there on Royal by HH, as I only have "Georgia Grind" ? I think the Minit "Bad Girl" 45 was at least recorded in Atlanta as was "Show me Some Sign" but I may have it wrong.

Marc

Hi Marc

You can find out more about Hermon and Lee on my blog In Dangerous Rhythm but you can read the following which I originally wrote for NSoul on my Dark End Of The Street blog:

https://darkendofthestreet.blogspot.com/200...-interview.html

You can also find out more of that period in another article from NSoul also on the same blog:

https://darkendofthestreet.blogspot.com/200...-interview.html

You can also find a lot of info on all Johnny Brantley's productions on my blog - if you do a search of the blog they will also all come up.

You can also find out more about Lee Moses on the compilation put out by Sanctuary which contains Lee's story written by Simon White based on my interviews with various people including Lee's sister.

The easiest way to read everything is in the last There's That Beat in which I gathered all my research into Johnny covering 11 pages including photos of Johnny after we got in contact with his family.

I am still in regular touch with Hermon so I will speak to him again.

Cheers

Colin

https://indangerousrhythm.blogspot.com/

Social source share

hi any idea what the going rate for LEE MOSES "BAD GIRL " On Musicor

Social source share

Source Advert